+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

Re: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

Reading post-show interviews of Az, at least she admits that she knew she was going to go home after refusing to do Tyra's little training session. While I did find her a bit cocky at times... she did exude a confidence that could be read as such but at least understood her choices had consequences.

I do like her opinion who she wants as the final three:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Laura, Sophie and Catherine to round out the top three

oh my god, that part with the young girls really made me tear up! It was so heart wrenching!

What the heck is Tyra wearing this week? looks like it's some type of dominatrix outfit.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

I'm terribly disappointed that Kyle was eliminated, i think she has so much potential... even though she was sometimes deer in headlights and one note...i still think she has the most potential.

Actually I wasn't surprised with Kyle's elimination - she blended into the background, both when she was background and worse when she was in her feature shot. Anneliese was saved because she stood out in the background, and had at least an interesting shot.

Seymone's photo should NOT have received second call out. Honestly a bad shape, she blended in - despite being a real woman, and the wine glass was in an unfortunate spot. Her position had me looking at the other models because they stood out.

Catherine bless her heart - she had a decent shot again but is near the bottom. Plus, in the Eboni shot the way hear head is positioned... she kinda looks like she's looking up Eboni's skirt.

That said loved the one shot too where she's smelling a rose and seeming calm in the hectic environment.

Sophie earned her first call out this week, and I hope that she doesn't let it get to her head and mess her up, though she has a teammate who may help keep that in line.

Laura's photo while she's bent quite insterestingly enough - I can see why it ranked fourth because she was a little lower than the other models being shaped that way so my eye drew to the other models.

Eboni is becoming a bit of a contender, and Alisha's was nice.

Honestly, once Seymone is eliminated I would be happy with ANY of the models winning this season, even though I think Eboni is the weakness of those six.

I like next week's photo challenge - Hello Kitty is quite popular again and the coture actually looked quite cute.

I'm hoping they're going to get a chance to go to an international destination; however, I have doubts because of the expense it would take to bring in international contestants.

FORT Fogey

I liked the unrehearsed quailty of the Americans way over the British in the young girl challenge. I think Sophie is a lock to win this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I'm hoping they're going to get a chance to go to an international destination; however, I have doubts because of the expense it would take to bring in international contestants.
    Not if they go to (doing bad imitation of Tyra doing bad imitation of Oprah)-- LONNdon, ENNGland!!!

Three other reasons for going:

1) Tyra can do, "The US girls have had the 'home court advantage' long enough-- now we play on their turf!" at the announcement;

2) the 2012 Olympics are in London, just like the 2008 Olympics were in Beijing, where C9 went;

3) they've been there before, but in C5-- Lisa D'Amato's first cycle, and she'll probably be walking in or at least backstage at the final runway.

I thought Kyle was going home .She is pretty, but she has the same look in each photo. Love the UK gals, peppy lot! I think one of them will go home next week. Next week looks fun!

Loved the home videos, Catherine's mom looks like her sister. Sophie was right, her boyfriend was dull.LOL I bet he was very shy
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

Kyle's bangs were awful. Distractingly awful. Laura will have to move onto complaining about someone else now.
    The photo shoot was stupid. Probably every photographer who ever works with them in future will have to tell them to stop tooching. Autocorrect changed that to tooting which is rather apropos.
    They are going abroad
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Hong Kong/Macau
    mindy384 likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

That location will produce some lovely photos (Then again, this is Tyra, so I may be dreaming here), and I hope my favorite six get that opportunity instead of one losing out to Seymone.

+ Reply to Thread