+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

Re: ANTM - Cycle 18 - The British Are Coming! - February 29, 2012

Unfortunately, based on the pics, they pretty much HAD to eliminate Catherine. I'm sure it was tough, considering how much potential she has....certainly more, IMO, than Eboni. Plus, I refuse to believe that the picture Tyra chose was Catherine's best shot.

I think at least one of the UK girls agreed with Laura about Eboni being very vain.

I didn't think Sophie's picture was nearly as bad as the judges made it seem. Laura and Annaliese had the best pics this week, but Sophie wasn't bad either. I think the judges definitely give conflicting critiques. They tell the models that their job is to show off the garment, but then when they do that, they complain that the model isn't standing out.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think the judges definitely give conflicting critiques. They tell the models that their job is to show off the garment, but then when they do that, they complain that the model isn't standing out.
    I guess they feel there's a happy medium somewhere between "That dress is wearing you" and "You're not showing the dress to its best advantage."

And, y'know, the models would probably have a better shot of getting it if they weren't covered in silkworms, teetering on the edge of skyscrapers, bouncing on trampolines, or having to interact with Kardashians.

Myself, I'd give props to anyone who could still manage to model without freaking out at having one of those slimy things so close.

But this week's shoot was a little better-- at least silkworms aren't slimy, are relatively cute, and serve an actual purpose in the fashion industry.
    Allie likes this.

I have to admit Dorothy, there is one thing there that I'd agree with - when they were moving around individually and close up, the silkworms were kinda cute. For me the cutest was Laura looking at one close up and the worm was standing up a bit and looking like it too was looking at her.

That said, I do think most of the models would've benefitted better had they not had to also wear the silkworms. Laura was really the only one who had is successfully either way in this case, then Anneliese and Sophie. No question Catherine would've benefitted without them, and Alisha and Eboni I think still would've had trouble either way.

BTW - been reading blogs and articles on this week's shoot, and most agree that Eboni's being placed above two Brit's photos was wrong and the photo was bad. If Eboni wins this, I will be greatly disappointed not because she's been bad overall, but the other four are much stronger.
    Allie likes this.

Ick, those silk worms looked like big maggots to me. No thank you!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking the same thing about which is it - sell the dress or make it about you. Thanks to whoever above pointed out it's somewhere inbetween. That said, I still think Sophie's shot was pretty gorgeous. She stood out enough to me and the dress looked wonderful.

I keep thinking about the fact that one of the "prizes" is to be a correspondent on E or one of those tv variety things. I honestly would love to see Annaliese in that - I've actually been kinda musing of her as the "old" school MTV VJ-type. Definitely hope she gets noticed, if she doesn't win outright.

Loved Catherine, but they really didn't try at all with her strengths IMO. Giving her tinged hair (whatever that color was), the horrid black wig...couple of the girls' wigs were awful. If it wasn't the color, it was the style.

It is kinda funny with Eboni - they want her to look youthful but then say she should be more elegant, etc.

Still not sure who I think should win, personality-wise, I love Annalise, Alicia and Sophie. Photo-wise, Laura is definitely strong.

But this week's shoot was a little better-- at least silkworms aren't slimy, are relatively cute, and serve an actual purpose in the fashion industry.
    I agree, they were kinda cute. Even the models forgot they were there. Nobody freaked out , always a plus
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    if you guys have the chance, you should really look up the youtube channels of Annalise (MissAnnalieseDayes) and Catherine (MissCatherineThomas)

they review and give insight to each episode as they air! they talk about how things were different from what was shown and what really happened and stuff! its a lot of interesting tidbits from behind the scenes and stuff if youre curious!
    thank you for this! It is so interesting to actually hear a contestant say "yea, that wasnt the best picture she took" or "they didn't show what actually happened!"
    Annaliese is super classy and entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Ick, those silk worms looked like big maggots to me. No thank you!
    Okay-- you're given the choice to model covered with silkworms... or covered with Kardashians. Which do you choose now?

Like I said... silkworms aren't slimy, are relatively cute, and serve an actual purpose in the fashion industry.
    jadewarlock and mushybrain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrnderDorothy View Post
    Okay-- you're given the choice to model covered with silkworms... or covered with Kardashians. Which do you choose now?

Like I said... silkworms aren't slimy, are relatively cute, and serve an actual purpose in the fashion industry.
    I'm still peeved that they used the Kardashians...

Afterall REALLY - WHY do you want to be associated by a bunch of people who got their claim to fame because one did an infamous sex tape?

(Yes, there is Bruce Jenner in the family but a. He's barely shown anywhere and b. He actually DID do something positive - win gold in the Olympics.)

Quote Originally Posted by SurrnderDorothy View Post

Yeah, that's an opinion. Not cute, IMO. At all.

Silk worms or the Kardashians? These are the options? I choose C: none of the above.

As an aside, I spelled "Kardashians" wrong and spell check suggested "Haberdasher".....someone who actually does something!

+ Reply to Thread