+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

I'm not surprised this was a non-elimination challenge. I mean, LaToya is known for being a softie and the moment I saw her as a judge... well, it'd been more of a surprise to eliminate someone. I do agree with the one who did say though that they felt Tyra was waiting to do a double elimination with either the "witches" (Bre and Bianca) or the "Saints" (Lisa, Shannon, someone else) being eliminated.

Bianca is treading on thin ice and it's because of her attitude. She had MJ right, but it wasn't nearly what she can do. I think she's one of the better models there, but she keeps the 'tude up, she'll go before Lisa, who I think is honestly struggling.

As far as Lisa... yeah, it's a jumping shot and people complain it's chosen, but given that it's obvious that it'll be chosen, Lisa really needs to STOP taking shots like that. Even I can tell they're going to use that as a reason for elimination. Personally I felt that had they done an elimination, she'd been ousted over Angelea because it's less Jackson than Angelea's.

In regard to Angelea... she too is on thin ice IMHO. You don't keep doing the extremes or you'll be eliminated. Not that I've been a fan of her work (even her winning photo I think Dominique should've won over), but still... you don't give them reasons to eliminate you.

Laura's photo was perfect MJ. I loved the movement, how again the action made her look tall in spite of being 5'7" or less, and how she got the look. Did have to laugh a little on LaToya's comment in regard to protecting Laura's knees. It was admittedly sincere, but funny that she said it because it looked like Laura was rolling up to stand and not fall on her knees, which means LaToya'd need to worry about Laura rolling an ankle.

Shannon's was an improvement; however, she's still unmemorable. I still maintain a feeling that Tyra might be setting her up to win though because of what happened post cycle 1 with Adrianne.

The rest were quite good, save Alexandra needed only ONE hand doing the pose. The other hand needed to be pulled more to rest palm facing side, bent up at the hip.

Oh, and Kayla's photo shows she's a woman impersonating MJ - her boobs are clearly defined. I think she's not much longer for this show after such an impressive season where Ann won.

The good news: I thought this MJ photo shoot was, by far, the most interesting one so far this season!!

On the other hand, the runway with the Kardashians was ridiculous. These girls are supposed to be striving to become high fashion models. Clothes designed by the Kardashians and sold at SEARS are NOT high fashion. No - there is nothing wrong with Sears, but it is about as far from high fashion as you can get without going to Kmart. And *IF* someone wanted to do a runway involving a carousel, wouldn't the models would have time to PRACTICE for it?!?! It drives me crazy when they spring stuff like this on these girls like it happens every day in the modeling world. I just have a really hard time believing a designer would set up a show that is so tricky without making sure the models could handle it well beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    The good news: I thought this MJ photo shoot was, by far, the most interesting one so far this season!!

On the other hand, the runway with the Kardashians was ridiculous. These girls are supposed to be striving to become high fashion models. Clothes designed by the Kardashians and sold at SEARS are NOT high fashion. No - there is nothing wrong with Sears, but it is about as far from high fashion as you can get without going to Kmart. And *IF* someone wanted to do a runway involving a carousel, wouldn't the models would have time to PRACTICE for it?!?! It drives me crazy when they spring stuff like this on these girls like it happens every day in the modeling world. I just have a really hard time believing a designer would set up a show that is so tricky without making sure the models could handle it well beforehand.

And that carousel was going pretty fast - I thought it was a ridiculous challenge and for clothing you can buy at Sears - a new low

This week's challenge was kind of meh, and seemed primarily contrived to provoke a catfight that didn't quite materialize.

The football players weren't used particularly well (you always unwrap beefcake before you serve it), and bringing back all the previously eliminated contestants seemed to serve no real purpose other than to round off the numbers for two teams.

As little as they showed the "old girls", they might as well have waited another week for one more elimination-- especially since they had to go to the trouble and expense of having them pack their bags and fly back from the other side of the model house with no cameras home.

Oh, well. At least charity was served-- a couple of checks were handed to obscure-but-worthy causes and Kayla got a chance to shine.

The photo shoot was a mixed blessing-- the presence of a real model amped it up considerably, yet made the contrast between her and the contestants glaring at times.

And rather than pose in teams of three, I wish the models had been in one-on-one catfights with Coco Rocha. Whenever they do pairs, it seems that one model suffers a bit more than she should have because of the other, and group shots almost always guarantee one model's getting stuck with duds.

Even if Coco hadn't been up for that many setups, I wish they'd at least picked the best shot for each individual model rather than pick one for each pair. Yeah, yeah-- I know that in the real modeling world you've got to deliver on every frame, blah, blah, smize, tooch, blah.

But since this is a reality show, not a VOGUE editing session, I'd rather see more photos in the judging. Especially since we're pretending that it's still a reality show about, you know, modeling.

Still, Coco Rocha turned out to be even better than I thought she'd be. Not only is she a great model, but she has real presence and was totally charming on camera. I just wish they could get her to replace ALT next cycle.

Heck, the way things have been going-- and we're not even up to that "pot ledom" moment o' shame they showed in the previews in Ep 1-- I wish they'd get Coco to replace Tyra next cycle.
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 10-20-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Not too surprised about the results myself - and let's just say I agree with Bre on just leaving and not hugging Tyra goodbye. Her picture IMHO was more in tune with what was going on and was NOT playacting like Alexandra's was (in fact, NONE of the other models looked fake except for her IMHO - which shows she's not in tune with the photoshoot). Her elimination I felt was a bit bogus. For sure, no question Bre was eliminated in the hopes that Bianca crashes and burns for drama effect.

Laura got so criticized for her fall - HOWEVER, they don't mention if that was her choice or not. Something sounds fishy here as far as doing it because I think they are trying to make her fall in her photo quality over dramatic wannabes. I actually thought given the circumstances, she had a great and overall modely shot save a slight furrow of brow.

Same with Allison - both of whom I think are amongst the best and really would be the best representatives of "ANTM." But apparently Tyra still thinks it needs to be drama queens right now.

Dominique is much improved IMHO compared to her first season, as is Angelea. I think a lot of it has to do with better hairstyles, same as Bianca (I still think they unfortunately "butched" her up with the shaved head).

Honestly if Laura, Bianca and Allison are eliminated before the finals, I am rooting for Dominique and Angelea. They at least have good shots and ATTEMPT to be versatile - not overact or do crotch shot.

CCL

Did Bre not hug Tyra? All I saw was her being eliminated and then it switched to her at the house. I thought it was weird there was not a Tyra goodbye shown but I didn't think there was none at all...I think if Bre had snubbed Tyra they would have shown that, no?

I was fine with Bre going. There's no one I'm really rooting for. Maybe Laura as a person.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

i didn't think bre deserved to go now. she has been doing very well is most consistent. this show is a sham

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Did Bre not hug Tyra? All I saw was her being eliminated and then it switched to her at the house. I thought it was weird there was not a Tyra goodbye shown but I didn't think there was none at all...I think if Bre had snubbed Tyra they would have shown that, no?

I was fine with Bre going. There's no one I'm really rooting for. Maybe Laura as a person.
    I don't think so - Bre was not like Tiffany of I think Cycle 4 (the season Naima won) who had the rough background did so well then when she was eliminated just shrugged her shoulders and left.

Or in short - Bre wasn't going to bring up drama or cause anything that was going to bring up ratings so Tyra wasn't going to call her out on it. They did show her walking out while Alex was getting her pic and critique. Personally, thinking on that I think it was smart of Bre because I think she was upset enough that if she heard Tyra make these comments that seem a bit hypocritical (and I felt they were, plus I don't think Bre had been in the bottom two yet, Alex at least twice), she'd said something that'd made her bad. Doing this, she showed more class and showed a bit more of the truth about what's going on with the show.

Really the only one who I think can do any type of modeling who is still there is Laura. Brittany I felt the same; however, she was first eliminated - again I think under a bogus reasoning. (Minor rehash rant) I mean Brittany? Forgettable? I didn't even SEE Cycle 4 and I knew who Brittany was. Uh un, that was Shannon who was in the first cycle and is only really known for her no posing nude. Most of her photos were actually forgettable. In all honesty, though I wasn't fond of Robyn, all she had to do was ONE photo, and even if it were crap, she'd stayed and Shannon be ousted because at least she did the photo. We'd also had a stronger final two, though I think Elyse still would've lost to Adrienne or it'd been the same result save Robyn in Shannon's spot.

I like other models - Allison, Bianca (overall), Dominique (who is warming up to me in her ability). But IMHO, I honestly think we're going to have Shannon (a way of making amends for choosing Adrienne) or Lisa (I don't know why though) as the winner at the rate we're going.

Doesn't the winner get a job with E as a correspondent or something? I would think any network would only CONSIDER people who acted with poise and grace--not abrasive, mouthy know-it-alls who struggle with grammar and foul mouths (you can't drop F-bombs every second on tv--it gets a bit expensive in fines). So, unless these prizes are just crap (where the winner will never actually be a reporter/on tv/spokesman/ etc...) I can only imagine that there are a limited amount of winners acceptable to the sponsors:

Bre (now eliminated--so down to 3)
    Laura
    Allison
    Shannon

I'm not sure about the rest of the girls...they tend to fly into cursing fits when they forget something, say outrageous things, grab their crotches and act ridiculous--all things an employer is not going to take a chance on.

CCL

Guest correspondent on some gossip show (not E but whatever one that Mario Lopez is with). If it is anything like the Cover Girl prize it will be a one time thing rather than a regular job (plus I think they couch it as an opportunity which makes it sound like if it doesn't work out, or doesn't happen at all, oh well). If it is done they will tape it in advance and edit it enough that any of them could do it.
    Last edited by CCL; 10-21-2011 at 04:15 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread