+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM All-Stars Show Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Who knew gay was so five years ago. Thanks branding guy! Um....ok. The whole branding segment was stupid. Yes, branding is important, but it is rarely so simple as to project one word/facet, particularly ones as vague as "free".
    I thought that was particularly assinine and ignorant. Like Kayla being gay is just a gimmick and she needs to find another way to be edgy or define herself.

SO happy that Nigel shaved his hair off! He looked so blah with hair. Without it, he's super sexy.

Not surprised or unhappy about Sheena leaving. I never saw her as a model. Lisa's picture was disgusting.

I liked Bre's hair too - it's very cute and edgy. I can understand being shocked over a big change, but she needs to get over it and get on with it. I really liked Laura's new 'do. She's cute as a button anyway. I don't think she'll win, but she's a stand-out for me at this point. Dominique still looks like she's wearing a fake nose. This is probably the prettiest picture Angelea has ever taken. Isis spreading her legs was bad. It just looked tacky.

I want to not like Alexandria, but I can't. I think she's really socially inept and clueless, but I don't think she's evil or anything, Plus, I liked her pic this week.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

One half of me loves the concept since I can see the Pinks ad in a magazine but the other half of me totally hates it cause there is no way to embody persistence/survivor/tough/etc in a hot dog and still have it be successful.

Case in point: the fact that they all did the pseudo sexual, coy, happy chick eating a hot dog act. Nothing else really worked.

For anybody who disagrees, I want to see YOU personally take a picture of yourself, channeling "inspiration" or "free". It even sounds contrived!

I also think the branding guy was correct, but harsh. You shouldn't be branding yourself by sexuality. Kayla talked about how she was multidimensional and much more... well then you don't identify yourself with a trait like that! That's like saying what makes you unique is that you have red hair, grey eyes, etc. I say this because the LGBT community says that sexuality should not be as big of a deal as people make it out to be, and that it is natural like being straight or anything else... if those things are true then branding yourself with the word lesbian makes no sense, since it is not a special trait or something with substance.

I LOL'd when they were all mocking Alexandria and the "natural actress" comment. It's been mentioned before around here that she could be an actress if modeling doesn't work out and it maybe it could.

Now, 2 quotes that could potentially be on the main forum page under links:
    - "Girl, you know I'm as full of **** as a Christmas turkey." -Miss J
    - "Bitch, if you're not gonna rock this hair, I'll stick my foot where you don't want it to go, and that's not in your shoes." -Miss J
    Last edited by Endit; 09-23-2011 at 01:11 AM.

FORT Fogey

I laughed when Mr Fashion Magazine asked Laura if her granny made her dress and Laura answered proudly that she did. She is as cute and sweet as can be.....and that hasn't changed nor has her dressmaker..Good for her!!
    Endit and Fanny Mare like this.

I do like the branding idea of this season, though. Taking your 15 minutes of fame and making it a career. That seems to be what ALL reality stars want to do. At least this is being honest about it.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Models on stilts is so last month. Project Runway already did it. I'm not a big stilts fan so this challenge did nothing for me.

Tyra got another word in her Next Top Model--tooch. I wanted to hate it since I'm so over her stupid smyzing with the eyes but honestly I found it amusing. lol!

CCL

The PR stilt episode just aired this week in Canada so it's like stilt week here or something!

I guess ANTM will be back for another season (I know there were questions) as they have announced that Andre will no longer be a judge next season and Kelly Cutrone will replace him (I don't know who she is?).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I thought these photos were quite good for a simple concept. And, I agree with Tyra, the bottom two's photos weren't necessarily the worst, but because of the challenge prize they were the bottom two. That said, I do think Isis had a very weak photo and most likely still could've been there.

Kayla simply put was very lucky she was on the winning team, because I DO think she'd been eliminated this week. Laura, however, was unfortunate to be in the losing side because I think she had a good photo actually. In fact, in spite of being the short model this season, she still even looks tall hunched over like that and taking out the stilts IMHO.

Bianca might be a dark horse this season - I actually liked her photo in spite of her fear of heights and such. She did however, pull it off this time unlike her chickening out in that challenge in China her season. (BTW, the flashback clearly makes me glad that Tyra wisely put her in long hair this season instead of shaving her nearly bald - she looks so much better with it).

Shannon is getting the forgettable edit, so she will probably be gone soon. Kayla and Dominique are also getting the edit too.

Lisa was her typical self - and I have to admit that ALT makes a good point - she doesn't have a shoot yet that she hasn't been a bit more ladylike - though all three photos for the most part it's been warranted - first two because of her label/self, this one because it used the stilts and the like.

Allison's photo was also a strong one - and yes, she did know how to create a proper little bottom given that most of these models do not have curves. Tooch is actually I think a cute way of saying it.

Bre almost had the Kathleen look (that protest photo during Jaslene's season where she looked as dead as the furs that she was in to be anti-fur). What saved her a bit though was the posing and Laura being her partner. That said, like with the one photo with Kayla in it, you could erase Bre and still had a good shot of just Laura.

I guess ANTM will be back for another season (I know there were questions) as they have announced that Andre will no longer be a judge next season and Kelly Cutrone will replace him (I don't know who she is?).
    I had to run her through Wikipedia.

She's the former wife of Ronnie Cutrone, who assisted Andy Warhol on his paintings, and so she had some creds as a Factory hanger-on that she was able to parlay into being a PR person for the fashion industry dealing with branding and marketing for designers like Thierry Mugler, Valentino and Vivienne Westwood.

Of course, what's more important to ANTM these days is that she was featured on MTV's "The Hills" and "The City" and has a recurring spot on "Dr. Phil" and even her own reality series, Bravo's "Kell on Earth".

So clearly, in going from ALT to Cutrone, ANTM is no longer even pretending to be about finding fashion models, but finding "America's Next Top Reality Show Skank".

Quote Originally Posted by SurrnderDorothy View Post
    So clearly, in going from ALT to Cutrone, ANTM is no longer even pretending to be about finding fashion models, but finding "America's Next Top Reality Show Skank".
    LOL!! Funny, but so true.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrnderDorothy View Post
    Ugh, I cannot stand ALT so I will be glad to see him go. However, they couldn't find SOMEONE with a better connection to fashion than this!?!?

+ Reply to Thread