+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Mikeala was very classy in her exit - she disagreed with the decision, but understood that it's based on the photo and not an outbreak of bad attitude at a challenge that determines who goes home. Her photo wasn't the best no, but I do agree with Tyra she should've stayed over Brittani after everything and a mediochre photo.

I can understand Brittani's bitterness on Alexandra's win, HOWEVER, the mistake she had was to say this in front of a client. This I agree with on Tyra - if this was a real photoshoot, she'd been fired on the spot for yelling at someone in front of the person who signed her check. If it were a person who the panel wasn't as fond of, she'd been gone PDQ for it. They should've also taken into account she left panel instead of faced the criticism all the way - that too is equivalent to saying "I don't agree with you."

The photos overall were stunning. I loved Kasia's and Jaclyn's. The accessories one was also good and the quiet crazy. The other group's were meh, but at least passable.

Well it sounds like I disagree with the majority of you. I'm glad Brittney stayed. They gave Alexandria multiple chances to change her attitude because they liked her photos. It only makes sense for them to give Brittney another chance as well; her photos over all have been better than Alexandria's IMO.

I felt a glimmer of sympathy for Alexandria last night, but I still don't like her. At panel I didn't completely buy her waterworks. I think she knows how to play on peoples' emotions and may have seen an opportunity to get them to feel bad for her at Brittney's expense. I'm NOT saying that Brittney didn't deserve the criticism. It was completely unprofessional of her and she absolutely should not have said anything! I suspect that after living with someone as abrasive as Alexandria, she just snapped. Hopefully she can pull herself together and carry herself in a more professional manner. Otherwise, I will agree when they eliminate her.

My favs at the moment are Jaclyn and Molly.

CCL

I don't think that Brittany would necessarily have been fired by the client. The whole argument was during a down-time when they were all just sitting around. I actually watched the show with a friend that is a model and she commented that as it was not happening on the company's dime, it wasn't a big issue. Yes, ideally, people would get along in their work environments, be polite and co-operative. But people are human and stuff happens. I've yelled at people before at work (and been yelled at) but I wasn't fired for it. I actually think Tyra should have been called out for coldly telling Brittany that, in essence, she (Tyra) didn't want her there and there was little to no possibility that Tyra would look favourably on her in future. I found that cruel.
    I'm hot and cold on Alexandria. I don't think she is necessarily coming from a mean place, but a lot of the stuff she has done is grating and it is telling that not one of the other contestants like her. At the same time, I feel sorry for her having to live in a house with no allies. In terms of modelling, I don't get the appeal.
    Molly's pic was great, as was Jaclyn's. Actually, I quite liked a lot of the photos this week and I think the photographer, while a Meisel wannabe in his wardrobe choices, did a great job.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Newbie

I still don't really understand what the judges see in Alexandria, she seems to be one-note and photographs old. When she was doing the "Crazy for this that or the other thing" shoot, it seemed as if she ONLY understood crazy in terms of screaming like Janet Leigh in the shower. Jacklyn, on the other hand, hit it out of the park, followed by Molly and Kasia. Plus, one of the judges said at panel about one of the hamsters, when the chosen photo appeared, "This was not your best picture." Well, why not show the best picture and not just make do with an inferior one?

Completely disagree with the decision to award Alexandria the challenge win, I thought other hamsters and poses were much more indicative of the theme or spirit of their assigned (chosen?) symbol during their photo shoots -- or what we're allowed to see of the shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I'm hot and cold on Alexandria. I don't think she is necessarily coming from a mean place, but a lot of the stuff she has done is grating and it is telling that not one of the other contestants like her. At the same time, I feel sorry for her having to live in a house with no allies. In terms of modelling, I don't get the appeal.
    Alexandria strikes me as the type I have run into before: Reading self-help books, not to change, but to point to and say "See? This is why I am the way that I am." and then not do anything about it.

I think of Alexandria as that one girl in high school that everyone dislikes just because she's overbearing and rubs people the wrong way. She does stuff that pisses other people off, and yet she is blissfully unaware of how she comes off. Thus, all of the talk behind her back isn't unwarranted.

But once you put that same setting in front of cameras, outsiders looking in are going to side with girls like Alexandria during situations like the most recent feud. The ganging up and the bully mentality (like what Brittani and the others showed Alex) naturally makes us feel inclined to side with the odd one out. I know that's how I felt for a little bit when I was watching the most recent episode. But then I thought, "There has to be a reason why they're doing this to Alexandria." Comparing what happened with the model-testants to what goes on in real life, it totally makes sense now.

But that still doesn't make me think what Brittani did was right. At the end of the day, I think both Alexandria and Brittani came off looking badly. Alexandria definitely rubs others the wrong way, but Brittani acted just as badly in retaliation.

It all made for great television though. I'm really loving this season. ANTM is back!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I did like Jaclyn's the best but it was also the easiest. The makeup was crazy and she didn't have to do much to make it look good. Mikaela was my favorite! I actually don't really like anyone left. I'm not too impressed with this season.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07 View Post
    As far as Brittani, she knew what she was doing but didn't know that it would back fire on her and be brought up in panel and when it did, she got scared and started crying because she knew what was coming next. I agree with Tyra she deserved to get sent home because that's the same crap Celia pulled on Thalia at panel when she told the judges that Thalia kept saying that she wanted to go home. Tyra chastized Celia for that as well. Tyra comments were " You don't mess with people's money or something like that.
    I completely forgot about that moment! That was probably one of the few interesting moments of that cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Well it sounds like I disagree with the majority of you. I'm glad Brittney stayed. They gave Alexandria multiple chances to change her attitude because they liked her photos. It only makes sense for them to give Brittney another chance as well; her photos over all have been better than Alexandria's IMO.
    I never thought of it that way. I was in support of Brittani getting eliminated because even though her viewpoint is understandable, the way she handled it was just out of line. But now that you bring up Alexandria's multiple chances over her behavior, it only makes sense to give Brittani another chance also.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

dThe judges made Alexandria take that stupid hat off, so why is she wearing it again?

OMG. Canada? Overseas? Sheesh, and I thought Jackie was...well, I don't want to speak poorly of Jackie because I like her.
    Last edited by Rattus; 04-13-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

No show tonight where I live, baseball game on instead
    Can someone fill me in on what happened? Who went home?

+ Reply to Thread