+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

OK, you know the season's pretty much decided when you see what happened tonight.

You know how Alexandra was told the next time she had an attitude of any sort on set she'd be eliminated?

Well... Tyra doesn't put her money where her mouth is.

Bottom two were Kasia and Alexandra, and given that Tyra mentioned the above, you'd think that she'd eliminate Alexandra.

Well, she's safe, Kasia's out because Alexandra has "overall better work." I think for a concept shot, Kasia's was better, even if she did hide a bit more of her clothing than Alexandra... who .... just .... stood ... on the camel.

While I know that Alex's work is overall good, I seriously did not see this result because she did have issues with her attitude again.

Oh well... given that only a couple of winners in this show have had any long term success, I shouldn't be surprised with her decisions.

I'm still pissed Jaclyn got voted off because she was my favorite. Not crazy about the remaining girls. I figured Kasia would go tonight, Tyra let a 'plus size' girl win already.
    Alexandria gets away again with her bad behavior on a modeling shoot. Both Molly and Brittani have bad attitudes too but I think Molly looks more like a model.
    I guess I'm going to root for Hannah although sometimes she doesn't look like a high fashion model but would be perfect in teen magazines.

Wow, I can't believe how much I dislike Molly. Now she's saying she has a crappy attitude because she was adopted and has abandonment issues? I'm sorry, but grow up and quit making excuses. Yes, modeling (and life, in general) is about sucking it up and being nice when you maybe don't feel so nice.

I thought Alexandria got a bit of a bum rap this time. I didn't think she was talking back. She was certainly nicer than Molly was during the shoot last week. I think that, if the photographer last week had not been Nigel, Molly might have gone home then.

As long as Molly doesn't win, I'll be happy. I'd prefer that Hannah or Brittani win, but I think Alex has taken good pictures and I think she has a better attitude than Molly....although that's not too hard to do!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    OK, you know the season's pretty much decided when you see what happened tonight.

You know how Alexandra was told the next time she had an attitude of any sort on set she'd be eliminated?

Well... Tyra doesn't put her money where her mouth is.

Bottom two were Kasia and Alexandra, and given that Tyra mentioned the above, you'd think that she'd eliminate Alexandra.

Well, she's safe, Kasia's out because Alexandra has "overall better work." I think for a concept shot, Kasia's was better, even if she did hide a bit more of her clothing than Alexandra... who .... just .... stood ... on the camel.

While I know that Alex's work is overall good, I seriously did not see this result because she did have issues with her attitude again.

Oh well... given that only a couple of winners in this show have had any long term success, I shouldn't be surprised with her decisions.
    I think the thing was Alexandria didn't have an attitude, the photographer did. She was just trying to be nice and conversational and he smacked her down hard. I think they knew she didn't really do anything. I think they know everything that goes on at those shoots.

I still think Brittany's a lock to win personally.

I was going to post the same thing as the two posts above: it was the photographer, not Alexandria, who had the attitude.

And I agree with you again, Duckyface, when you say that Brittani is a lock for the win. The edit of the recap was really skewed and makes me think that she wins.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Molly's photo, while good, is SOOOOOOOOO lacking. During her shoot it looked like there were a lot better ones leaning back.

Does Hannah remind anybody of Hannah Montana? I saw a lot of resemblance in this shot... mainly from the hair, but like the angle of the face, the expression, etc.

Tyra said that Kasia's footage is like "(happy) Which one do I pick, which one do I pick?" and then she should have repeated herself and done it in a negative tone instead of such a long winded Oprah like answer. I think that would have been funny.

I call shenanigans on the photographer. Honestly, who doesn't know that baseball reference? I find it really funny that he said she was controlling and had an attitude... gee, what a coincidence considering that has come up before! I don't know if the photographer really had an attitude though. He had no problems with the rest of them, even Kasia. I believe it's just an injected "reality" twist so the Molly vs Alexandria story continues as planned, with neither one being too successful for too long. He must have been in on it.
    Last edited by Endit; 04-28-2011 at 02:26 AM.

I thought the photographer was a bit of a jerk. It felt to me like Alex was trying to be agreeable and he just kept shutting her down. He was really condescending too. I wonder if that was for the cameras or if he's like that in his professional life. Maybe he can get away with it IRL if he only speaks that way toward the models, but I doubt a client would ever hire him again if he was like that with them, no matter how good his photos are.

I'd be happy if Brittani won. I thought she did the best at the challenge or runway test or whatever this week. That dress was fabulous and she looked terrific in it. That haircut is one of Tyra's better makeovers. I wondered why they couldn't put Kasia in that big coat they had Hannah in. Maybe just creating drama there?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    Does Hannah remind anybody of Hannah Montana? I saw a lot of resemblance in this shot... mainly from the hair, but like the angle of the face, the expression, etc.
    I think she looks a lot like Avril Lavigne. Not when she does the pig tails, but when she has her hair all down.

Why do I get the "icky uncle" creeps whever Nigel is talking to or about Brittani?

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Why do I get the "icky uncle" creeps whever Nigel is talking to or about Brittani?
    I get that same vibe. Maybe that's one reason I think Brittany is going to win.

+ Reply to Thread