+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: Show Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Since GPS's are not 100% reliable, it is a really good idea to learn how to read a map.

And FYI, not everyone has GPS - neither I nor my husband have it on our phones, we don't have it in our car, he doesn't have it in his truck. The same goes for all of our friends - Not one of them has GPS.
    I've tried to learn how and am really bad at it. I have to hold the map upside down to ever have success. And yes, they DO sell upside down maps. lol I remember being in SoCal and those huge map books. Yikes.

I usually do google maps and get the printed out directions as well. I LOVE my GPS and have the sense not to follow it blindly. lol It has tried to make me drive over a huge concrete barrier before.

I felt her pain in that episode. I've gotten better at it, but my brain just doesn't want to have anything to do with maps.

Was a recap episode even needed tonight? I was so bored by it!

I liked it!

I always dread the recap, but it almost always ends up being one of my favorite episodes of the cycle.

My only complaint (and it's a big one!) would have to be the botched editing to make it look like Alexandria and Brittani were "best friends" after their huge row. Do they think we're stupid!? Those clips were obviously taken from the OTT reaction scene after the girls met Usher and Diddy. And they didn't do it once, but twice! It makes me think that one of them is winning the whole thing -- it sort of seemed that those scenes were included to appease the whole situation in the eyes of the viewers.

My favorite scenes:

Alexandria's rap
    Monique: "It's sort of stressful to have a booty."
    Hannah's panic attack about being called forgetful
    Sara's micro-wave
    Molly's weave (I still can't believe they put that thing in her hair. Although I must say, Tyra mentioned that no girl has dealt with a weave like Molly's in the history of ANTM. Uh, what about Brittany in C8?)
    Hannah's voodoo thing used on Jaclyn
    Jaclyn calling herself a grown woman
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I agree, the GPS is a dangerous tool to have. It has been known to think farm to market roads are the Federated States of Micronesia and try to put people into the Puget Sound instead of a parking lot. (I have witnessed/heard stories about both).

So I can see Tyra not wanting the models to use them.

That said, if she said the drivers couldn't be asked - or others for that matter, I'd have issues. Though it's pretty obvious if the drivers don't know where to go they are probably production drivers with taxi licenses (most drivers will have an idea where places are), asking people for directions shouldn't be out of bounds.

exactly that would just show good problem solving skills.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    [/B]

exactly that would just show good problem solving skills.
    Maybe, but it's something that may not be that helpful in a country where you would be likely to encounter a large number of people who don't (or don't want to) speak English. In that case, learning to read a map is absolutely the best skill to master. Plus one tends to be better off trusting a professional cartographer than trusting a random stranger for directions to the right location.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Was a recap episode even needed tonight? I was so bored by it!
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by princess07 View Post
    Me too
    Wonder if they showed it because they needed a filler when two people went in one ep. Isn't this a bit early for a clip show? When have they done it in other seasons? I'm having a senior moment and can't remember

FORT Regular

Boring. I zipped through it in about 5 minutes. Definitely a filler show, though don't know why.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Wonder if they showed it because they needed a filler when two people went in one ep. Isn't this a bit early for a clip show? When have they done it in other seasons? I'm having a senior moment and can't remember
    If they do a clip show every season then they will still have to accomodate the two leaving at once. I can't remember. I didnt watch. I never watch any of these filler shows. Survivor does this too.

They do one every season, usually right before the girls go off to the international destination. That means that it came later this year, since five girls are going to Morocco instead of the usual six.

Although I'm the only one that enjoys them, I never understood why they include a clip show, though, because as shoepie mentioned, there has to be a double elimination when there are 14 girls. It's not like it's a shocker when two girls get eliminated in one episode; we expect it to happen when there are that many girls. The only 14-girl cycles that haven't had a double elimination are the ones where someone quit: C10 with Kimberly and this season with Ondrei. Someone else ended up getting eliminated in the same episode (Atalya and Nicole, respectively). This explains why when Cassandra quit during C5 and Ebony quit during C9, there was one time when a girl wasn't eliminated. Those cycles only had 13 girls.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread