+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 2/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I don't understand why saying 'yes m'aam' would be a mark of immaturity or lack of IQ. If you are from anywhere in the South, including Texas, you stand a good chance of being taught to ALWAYs use "m'aam"and "sir" when you are speaking to anyone in a position of authority, which would include modeling industry big shots that could get you booted off ANTM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I didn't mind the bubble thing. Yes, it is ridiculous but I think the point is more to find out how they react to difficult/strange situations (and there are definitely some strange catwalk shows out there, not to mention potentially dangerous situations with too-high shoes and slippery floors) than expecting them to walk well. Erin even mentioned that she appreciated Freckle's comeback after she fell.

Cat-bottom mouth/old girl - I don't see her making it far. I'm not surprised Angelea got booted - her face looked a bit full/without definition. Curly Southern girl kept me thinking of Haile Eisenberg. Molly and Brittani are early favourites. Also liked Kasia and Hannah (she looks like one of the models from a few seasons back - Annalea or something?) But Hannah needs to stop wearing double ponytails - she's not Britney circa One More Time.
    Annaleigh! I couldn't remember her name but I knew her face, she looks just like her and I was so disappointed when she didn't win.

I thought the runway was ridiculous but there are definitely ridiculous ones in real life. One designer wrapped their model's heads in big plastic bags. Another (Jean Paul Gaultier) dressed them all like some sort of space maidens with white faces. I have no idea what he was going for with that but at least they didn't have their ability to walk hindered.

What I thought was even more ridiculous was the fact that the runway seems to have been completely pointless. It wasn't even mentioned at panel nor did it factor into who went home.

Also, I didn't agree with a model being eliminated based off that photo shoot. How is it their fault that the photographer chooses to shoot them with somebody's hand obscuring half their face or in profile the entire time? What? They are supposed to reach around the stylists and yank that camera out of his hand and demand he take a better photo?

They were at his and Tyra's complete mercy. Evidenced by the fact that we all saw Dayla...Dalya (however she is spelling her name these days since she's worked under both spellings) taking better photos. That girl was owning it, I was impressed with the way she kept turning to look at him and posing and Tyra seems to have chosen the worse photo of her bunch.

Same for Kasia (worse photo chosen).

Heck same for most of them, Tyra deliberately chose the weakest photos but what else is new?

A couple of interesting things about Erin Wasson: ALT hated her when she first hit the scene (because he has been quoted as hating "Texas blondes"...hmmm what does that tell you about the chances of a blond ever winning with him sitting on panel?). She was accused by jewelry designer Bliss Lau of basing her line off of his. She's not the big deal Tyra claimed her to be but she's been pretty successful in spite of ALT's declaring of her walk as being dreadful.

Anyways back to the show. I think that freckles should have gone home, if the runway had meant anything. She took a so-called bad photo and her runway was an epic fail. She should have been eliminated.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    I don't understand why saying 'yes m'aam' would be a mark of immaturity or lack of IQ. If you are from anywhere in the South, including Texas, you stand a good chance of being taught to ALWAYs use "m'aam"and "sir" when you are speaking to anyone in a position of authority, which would include modeling industry big shots that could get you booted off ANTM.
    Not to mention that many children raised by military families, especially those who live on base are taught to use those terms of respect.

Well, I personally enjoyed it, though do agree the bubble thing was ridiculous, and also think the girl with freckles should've been eliminated. Alexandria's already showing MegaWitch status, and Jaclyn is so dang adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Not to mention that many children raised by military families, especially those who live on base are taught to use those terms of respect.
    Also depends on the part of the country you are raised in. Our 8 year old son would never dream of addressing an adult without calling them Ms, Mrs, or Mr. Even if he has permission to use their first name. He calls his after school teacher Mrs. Myra and she's a family friend! He says ma'am and sir because his father would get onto him if he didn't. It's a show of respect and manners. Considering our son has Aspergers and has had his IQ tested as part of the diagnosis (and is above average intelligence), his using of those terms has nothing to do with his intelligence level.

Anyways. Point is that its respect and manners and not indicative of a person's level of intelligence.

I like sweet little baby faced Jaclyn, if she can figure out how to work that adorable face? She will do very well in the business.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

CCL

Hannah needs to stop wearing her hair in bunches. She's not 12. She's got a lot of hair though. Nice hair. I hope they don't cut it off.
    Unintentionally hilarious moment of the show: When Ondrei was talking about her brother dying. The day before her prom. mmmkay.
    Alexrandia needs to stop being a witch since she looks like she was dragged through a hedge backwards. Seriously, her hair is capital b bad. I guess she figured she would make it to the makeovers and so she didn't need to bother dying her roots. For a year. The other brunette (not the one with the eyebrows) seems like she is going to be Alexandria's partner in witchiness.
    Molly is still my favourite. Jaclyn is a cutie.
    The photoshoot was lame.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123