+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Where Are They Now?

Where Are They Now?

So many former contestants on this show have gone on to bigger and better things. This is the thread for updates!

I subscribe to a lot of magazines and it seems like every week I see a former contestant in one ad or another. Ann gets a lot of work in fitness mags.

Make sure that any photos you post are not hotlinked (i.e. you are hosting them) and please don't like to other reality sites. Otherwise, update away!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Where Are They Now?

She wasn't a contestant, but Paulina Porizkova blogs on Huffington Post and her latest blog has some choice comments about ANTM: Paulina Porizkova: Modeling Is A Great Job And A Sh***y Career Basically, she says that all the grooming and work on presence and all the crap that Tyra says is so important, well, isn't. Beautiful girls are discovered walking down the street all the time and it has nothing to do with how they speak - it has to do with being in the right place at the right time and looking how they look. I can't disagree.

Paulina's been blogging on HuffPo for a while, although not as prolifically as I'd like. I love her. She's so honest and real....unlike some other former supermodels we've seen on this show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Well...it's important if you want to have Tyra's career, where modelling was simply a jumping-off point. Tyra has a lotta personality. Like it or loathe it, it's not just her pretty face that made her a big star. Paulina's career can't hold a candle to what Tyra's managed to accomplish.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I agree with you about the scope of career (although I prefer Paulina over Tyra any day), but Tyra is a perfect example of what Paulina is saying. She was discovered at, what, 14? 15? She learned how to do all the things she needed to do to become who she is now while she was working in the industry. She was chosen because of the way she looked.

FORT Fogey

I saw a picture of Anchal, from the season with Caridee and Melrose (I don't remember which number) as Jim Carrey's date at an awards show. It was in People I believe.

CCL

Yeah apparently they are dating. Which is just weird. I wonder how they met?
    Pretty sure I saw Nicole Fox in a Cover Girl commercial with Queen Latifah - when they were talking about makeup for green eyes they cut to her.
    Ann & Jane from last cycle are in New York for fashion week (doing smaller shows); Jane is also signed with IMG.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I saw the pic of Anchal with Jim Carrey too. What a rebound! I thought it was a very strange pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Yeah apparently they are dating. Which is just weird. I wonder how they met?
    Pretty sure I saw Nicole Fox in a Cover Girl commercial with Queen Latifah - when they were talking about makeup for green eyes they cut to her.
    Ann & Jane from last cycle are in New York for fashion week (doing smaller shows); Jane is also signed with IMG.
    Yup, that was Nicole. I think this is the first time that an ANTM winner has starred in a national CoverGirl commercial. Go Nicole!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    Yup, that was Nicole. I think this is the first time that an ANTM winner has starred in a national CoverGirl commercial. Go Nicole!
    Danielle (Dani) Evans was in a national commercial for CG w/ Queen Latifah...

Also, I think I read somewhere that NIcole Fox had also been selected to be the new "face" of the Alexander McQueen line...?

Right... I forgot about that one.

The Alexander Queen rumor is untrue.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast