+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brittani - Cycle 16

Re: Brittani - Cycle 16

Just saw the last episode.

If Tyra was a man, I'd say "does Brittani have to blow her to get first call out?" (I guess that can still SORT OF apply with a slightly different act though)

I mean, come on. Second AGAIN?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quite an episode last night as far as Brittani is concerned.

Do I blame her for her outburst? No.

Right time/right place. Definitely not.

Alexandria is obviously a royal pain in the a$$ and this is, after all, reality tv. You know she was only saying what all the other girls were thinking.

On a lighter note, as a native of Pennsylvania, I had to giggle at the sight of Brittani eating potato chips from a bag so covered in tape the name was not visible. It was definitely a MIDDLESWORTH bag. Wish somebody would send me some!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Quite an episode last night as far as Brittani is concerned.

Do I blame her for her outburst? No.

Right time/right place. Definitely not.

Alexandria is obviously a royal pain in the a$$ and this is, after all, reality tv. You know she was only saying what all the other girls were thinking.

On a lighter note, as a native of Pennsylvania, I had to giggle at the sight of Brittani eating potato chips from a bag so covered in tape the name was not visible. It was definitely a MIDDLESWORTH bag. Wish somebody would send me some!!!
    I disagree. I think annoying people shouldn't be treated horribly like that. The models were already excluding Alexandria. Why berate her in public? At work! I had a roommate in college who was really annoying. Poor thing. Her friends were horrible to her. So what if she had a happy trail on her stomach? It just isn't nice. Brittany was out of line and out of control. Not a fan.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

As far as I can tell, Alexandria annoyed people at first, but she seems to be trying to get along-- yet some of the women use her as a scapegoat for their insecurities.

IMO what Brittany did was worse than anything that Alexandria had done-- and Alexandria responded in a fairly mild way-- So how does ganging up on someone whom you've already excluded seem okay? None of the models seems to have any awareness of how cruel they're being-- and I feel bad for Alexandria. Anyway, I don't think she's crazy-- I think she's a mixed up fairly inexperienced person in a difficult and highly competitive situation-- one where you're expected to be very tough and disciplined-- which probably is far from what she's used to.

Maybe the aspect of the situation that Tyra and Nigel focused on was Brittany's lack of professionalism, but her lack of kindness was just as notable.

Brittany's no role model for other women.

Alexandria may be annoying, but that ridiculous outburst on the shoot was motivated by jealousy more than anything, IMO. It really showed Brittany's maturity level, and her complete inexperience working as a professional model. The fact that Nigel was RIGHT THERE listening should have made her zip it, but it just went on and on. Alexandria answered back, but in a quiet way not so confrontational, and I think that irritated Brittany as well as she was looking for a fight and an excuse to justify her actions. Who cares if Alexandria is a biotch from hell, you deal with it, keep your mouth shut, and hope she has a crappy picture one week and gets sent home. No matter how justified you feel because the girl bugs you, nothing you do or say like that will motivate the judges to get rid of the girl any faster, and it just makes you look bad in their eyes. Her panic attack at panel too, ridiculous. I appreciate she felt upset because she was being publicly attacked. Perhaps she knows how Alexandria feels now.

And I don't even like Alexandria, but this made me root for her a bit because I hate this kind of crap. Funny how on AuNtm the bully girls, led by Demelza, were royally chewed out at panel after they were so horrible to Alamela in the house, and they stood there and took it without a breakdown (and they were teenagers!).

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Alexandria may be annoying, but that ridiculous outburst on the shoot was motivated by jealousy more than anything, IMO. It really showed Brittany's maturity level, and her complete inexperience working as a professional model. The fact that Nigel was RIGHT THERE listening should have made her zip it, but it just went on and on. Alexandria answered back, but in a quiet way not so confrontational, and I think that irritated Brittany as well as she was looking for a fight and an excuse to justify her actions. Who cares if Alexandria is a biotch from hell, you deal with it, keep your mouth shut, and hope she has a crappy picture one week and gets sent home. No matter how justified you feel because the girl bugs you, nothing you do or say like that will motivate the judges to get rid of the girl any faster, and it just makes you look bad in their eyes. Her panic attack at panel too, ridiculous. I appreciate she felt upset because she was being publicly attacked. Perhaps she knows how Alexandria feels now.

And I don't even like Alexandria, but this made me root for her a bit because I hate this kind of crap. Funny how on AuNtm the bully girls, led by Demelza, were royally chewed out at panel after they were so horrible to Alamela in the house, and they stood there and took it without a breakdown (and they were teenagers!).
    well said

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post

I agree that it sounds as if Brit was totally in the wrong (I missed this episode and don't plan on watching it because I don't find stuff like this entertaining). With the AuNtm girls, I got the feeling that they didn't feel sorry for what they did or feel they were in the wrong, and they also didn't get sent home for it. Dem WON. I don't think it entered their heads that they could get sent home for behaving like that. Behaving like that was the norm. The scolding was just "waawaawaa" like in Charlie Brown.

I, too hate it when people gang up and attack. And exclude. Has any of the kicked off girls said anything positive about Alexandria? I got a bad vibe about Brit when M (she of the foul mouth and bad attitude) hugged her and she was crying for M going home.

The whole thing with them sneaking in to read her diary...I mean, that's just so rude and obnoxious. Alexandria is bossy and condescending and I probably couldn't stand to be around her for more than 10 minutes, but that whole pack mentality and ganging up on another girl is so juvenile and petty. Get over yourselves, my dears.

I agree too that the brat-pack on Auntm didn't feel they had done anything too wrong. Although I do believe one or two of them cried when they were royally chewed out about it. In my eyes, that season resulted in the worst winner ever. Couldn't stand the little brat. Brittany is reminding me of her, and I don't like it.

I've missed the last few weeks but, based on the descriptions of how Brittani behaved, I'm really disappointed. She was one of my picks to make it to the final 3. I doubt that will happen now that she's on Tyra's bad side.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Newbie

I think Brittani is adorable and is the best. She has what it takes. I think she has learned the lesson.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast