+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: About the show.

Re: About the show.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    I think it all boils down to that they already have a few candidates for the crown and will play the game for either of them; which was very obvious with Ann.
    They seem to ignore any mistakes by their chosen girls...mistakes that, if made by anyone else, would get them booted.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think it all boils down to that they already have a few candidates for the crown and will play the game for either of them; which was very obvious with Ann.
    It was so blatantly obvious last season that I cant believe the other contestants just didn't collectively quit...it was quite clear that unless Ann dropped dead (and even then they may have named her Top Corpse) she was taking the title--pathetic walk and all!

To me it's quite arbitrary what they're looking for. One year they want a high fashion model, the next a commercial, then one year a spokesmodel. Sometimes they like girls with experience who hold a high level throughout, sometimes they want improvement. Sometimes knowledge of the industry is frowned upon, sometimes praised.

You are exactly right. Whether the experience hurts them or helps them totally depends on whether the judges want them to win.

We need a spoilers thread and a leaked photos thread, ASAP, lol. The leaked photos are up and I want to discuss them.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    We need a spoilers thread and a leaked photos thread, ASAP, lol. The leaked photos are up and I want to discuss them.
    You're welcome to start threads, Harmony
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Also, my thanks to the mods for being willing to try this again.

Fort Member

For me this show is all about the crazy
    I watch the British, Canadian and Australian versions ( I currently live in Singapore and you really dont get much choice at 4pm every day) and find them entertaining but the American version is something else
    Its about the bewilderment I feel at seeing these girls scream every time a Tyra mail arrives, then scream again when its criptic message is revealed even when they have no idea what it means. I honestly dont remember screaming that much when I was 18 at anything other than if I saw a spider
    The craziness of having these inexperienced runway models first ever catwalk being a gangplank they have to walk inside an orb or 200mts above the ground or a floating platform surrounded by fire. WTH??? Then have a judge tell them how badly they did and how important it is to still walk fierce even when scared to death
    The makeovers which is always my favourite episode, who will cry, who will look worse than they did before, and who will look exactly the same (usually an indicator of who is going home that episode)
    Then there is always trying to work out how many photos Tyra can have of Trya in the house
    I think there was a season where the photos were of all the prior winners but that didn't last long now its back to being Tyra. I even recall there being an series where her face was painted on the bottom of the pool. O, wait maybe I am just imagining the future

Anyway, I just dont take it very serious but I do find it entertaining

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123