+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About the show.

CMS
    FORT Newbie

Re: About the show.

It will be interesting to see how this season goes. Hopefully the pictures the girls take will be better than these ones - I don't find any of these pictures particularly good - the models look way too made up for my taste - and the make-up seems to make some of these girls look older than they are. I wold prefer to see the "before" pictures of the girls (sans make-up) and then guess what they will look like with full make-up for a photo shoot. Just my preference though!!

It's been confirmed that this cycle's overseas location is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Morocco

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;4182037;
    It's been confirmed that this cycle's overseas location is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Morocco
    Hmmmm. Has filming wrapped? That location could come with a couple of problems.

Never mind. They've wrapped according to Jay Manuel.

Glad this thread is back. Hopefully with this return will be the return of a better season.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;4182425;
    Hmmmm. Has filming wrapped? That location could come with a couple of problems.
    Yeah. "Wrapped" could almost have a double meaning in a location like that.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4181246;
    I do wish they would replace ALT--he's just not entertaining to me, even though he should be. His OTT-ness just seems too forced to be fun.
    Not to mention he's a jerk. And seemingly even more random than Tyra (as if that's possible) in his treatment of various Modeltestants.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic

Is this the season of models with "prior experience'? I have a daughter going to audition Feb. 18th or 19th in Houston. This will be her second time trying, it was a real experience last time. She went from Houston to Dallas, and was eliminated in Dallas. Maybe this will be the charm!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

You know, I watched Canada's Top Model when I was up there last and I saw Australia's as well and they are both so different, and by different I mean not ridiculous. They really did select great girls and did normal photoshoots. It seemed like the judges got it "right" more often than not and they used good photos as the 'one' every time (not the worst possible--which I think ANTM does sometimes). So, why is it that ANTM is so over-the-top and ridiculous? I must say that I definitely enjoyed the other versions SO MUCH MORE!

That said, I will be watching and I am glad we got a thread back (and hopefully the folks that yapped on and on about how their girl was the best model ever and everyone else was chopped liver have moved on) so we can actually discuss the craziness! Until Wednesday!

There are quite a few girls with experience this cycle and that does seem a little unfair, but I'm wondering if it might work against them in a way. Those without experience might show a lot more improvement, which seems to be one of the things they always comment on and look for at judging.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    There are quite a few girls with experience this cycle and that does seem a little unfair, but I'm wondering if it might work against them in a way. Those without experience might show a lot more improvement, which seems to be one of the things they always comment on and look for at judging.
    To me it's quite arbitrary what they're looking for. One year they want a high fashion model, the next a commercial, then one year a spokesmodel. Sometimes they like girls with experience who hold a high level throughout, sometimes they want improvement. Sometimes knowledge of the industry is frowned upon, sometimes praised.

I think it all boils down to that they already have a few candidates for the crown and will play the game for either of them; which was very obvious with Ann.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast