+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: America’s Next Producer 7/18 Recap – A Portrait of Modern Bathroom Humor

Re: America’s Next Producer 7/18 Recap – A Portrait of Modern Bathroom Humor

Manny, if only there were a show on TV that showed us how television shows are edited. Perhaps if the people involved had to, oh, I don't know, shoot some footage and then sit on a computer and edit it down to a 1-minute clip for a late-night talk show.

Now THAT would be something. Of course, I'm no VETERAN. I need someone to mentor me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna;2485341;
    They edit this show!? Everything I know is a lie? Well, perhaps if I'd known that, I wouldn't have written this recap in a completely serious and non-facetious manner.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar

Great job, Manny! As I said before, I was crying like a child after reading this. I might actually stop watching the show since I'm more entertained by reading your writing.

Again, great job!
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Premium Member

Outstanding recap, Manny.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie;2484820;
    Mantenna, Don't know how you do it, but you make a boring and "not so" intriguing reality show more than it is. Your recap is MUCH better than the show!
    I agree. the show was okay, but the recap was great!

FORT Newbie

Re: America’s Next Producer 7/25/07 Recap – My Life on the F-List

Hey All,

Im glad some of you are enjoying the show. I do want to reply though to a post by the moderator. Of course, bathroom humor can go either way and some people like it some don't but under the time contstraints and the fact that we didn't follow KISS kind made it hard at the moment. Keep in mind a few things, we have had no sleep at this point and we are still not sure how they will be judging. I'm looking at everything as a production so we spent a lot of time on perfect camerawork, sound etc. When we got there, a few of the projects sound or color was off and I was like, oh, we should be fine! But by the time of airing, all the problems were fixed lol.

After watching last nights show for the first time, It seems, the judges are voting completely on idea and If I had know that, I would of spent more of our time on idea and less on production.

I do also want to stand up for myself since there was editing involved on my OSCAR line. I was standing up for the entire group of ten producers and stating that all of them deserve an oscar for all the work they did, all the time they put into the challenge on lack of sleep and major pressures. I felt the judges were very harsh and for a long period of time and I wanted to applaud all the contestants. Of course editing made it seem like I was applauding my group. Not True at all.

All of these producers are really good people and I wish them the best of luck on the show and in their lives.

Thanks for watching. I am a fan just as much as I was a contestant. It's great to see how it is unfolding after I left.

Warmest,

Bradley

Hello, Bradley, and welcome to the Fort! Thank you for taking the time to join us and post your thoughts on the show. Of course, we all realize that these shows are, at their very base, entertainment, so things will be heavily edited for laughs, drama, or making you look silly by taking your statements completely out of context. You know, all the classic sorts of reasons!

Seriously, though, it's awesome that you're here, and I hope that we can enjoy some more of your behind-the-scenes insight. We all appreciate it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12