+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 8/5 AGT 9 Quarterfinals Week 2 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 8/5 AGT 9 Quarterfinals Week 2 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

That means the last act to perform is Acte 2. Two female opera singers. They perform after the break

Im not a fan of opera music but they did a great job.

Ok so Im not gonna vote for any of the singers tonight, ill let America decide what singers make it cause I know some will lol. My votes are going to these 3 acts only the magician Mat Franco, the hand balancer Andrey and Aerial Animation .

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Mreid1472 View Post
    Im not sure who the first act to perform was but the second act was Luke Rawlings the cowboy I enjoyed his act but Im not sure if its a million dollar act. The third act to just perform were John and Andrew great dancers but I worry they may not make it through because some people may not be able to get past the fact that they are two guys dancing together. All judges enjoyed it except for the annoying Mel B lol
    I liked Luke...but don't know that I would want to watch him for an hour or 2. He gets a bit stale to me.

John and Andrew wore out their welcome with me their last performance. I did not see this as better and I agree with MelB. I am just over it to be honest. They were good, but not a million dollar worth good. JMHO Thanks

Karey
    BTW likes this.

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Wow that was pretty impressive I really enjoyed that. 3 judges stood and clapped
    OMG..he was amazing...but like I wrote in another thread these type of acts are so hard for me to see as a 1 or 2 hour act. They could never keep it up the intensity. I would prefer they do several acts and they have a much better chance to win than the singers, who exert barely anything for an hour. Thanks

Karey

Ok so Im not gonna vote for any of the singers tonight, ill let America decide what singers make it cause I know some will lol. My votes are going to these 3 acts only the magician Mat Franco, the hand balancer Andrey and Aerial Animation .
    That's cool! I'm voting the same way. Last week, all the acts I voted for got through. I'm not sure who will be my 5th maybe Acte II or John & Andrew but I will not be voting for them. I'll be only voting for 4

Aerial Animation
    Andrey Moraru
    Matt Franco
    Mara Justine

What a waste of spot for that Juan Carlos. Howard was very upset with Howie and Melby for putting him through. They are so stupid. Nobody is going to pay to see that. And I thought Howard was instrumental in putting him through.
    Mreid likes this.

Thanks for voting for Mara I didn't vote any singers but if I did I would have chose her seems like we agree on the other 3.

The problem with Santos is he's (A) a less good version of Doogie Horner from season 5, and (B) his material can often be classified as Christmas cracker jokes.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    That's cool! I'm voting the same way. Last week, all the acts I voted for got through. I'm not sure who will be my 5th maybe Acte II or John & Andrew but I will not be voting for them. I'll be only voting for 4

Aerial Animation
    Andrey Moraru
    Matt Franco
    Mara Justine
    I agree with the 4 especially the top 2 and the 5th is a toss up.

If John and Andrew get through it's the show trying to look like they are progressive, but the dance was boring as Mel B said, they did a lot of difficult patterns but a lot of repetition and not enough performance highlights, they needed to do more tricks, Salsa has tons of them. I think the problem is when there's a guy doing the traditional female part his body weight is distributed differently and it's more difficult to do the tricks, but they have to figure out a way to incorporate more excitement. This should be show dancing, not competition dancing. There's a difference. Sure an audience can appreciate intricate dance patterns, but the entertainment value comes in with the wow tricks.
    Mreid likes this.

I'm not even sure why they think the comedian was good at all. The contestants in Last Comic Standing would run rings around that guy.
    Mreid likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123