+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 7/29 AGT 9 Quarterfinals Week 1 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: 7/29 AGT 9 Quarterfinals Week 1 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I'm not going to disparage Miguel, he's a good singer....but this just proves how the pretty people get the breaks. Again, not complaining, I just wonder if a not-so-good-looking contestant would be so popular.

I don't know why I posted this....the answer is obvious. He's delicious.

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I'm not going to disparage Miguel, he's a good singer....but this just proves how the pretty people get the breaks. Again, not complaining, I just wonder if a not-so-good-looking contestant would be so popular.

I don't know why I posted this....the answer is obvious. He's delicious.
    ITA . You are right on the money with all your thoughts. He got through on his looks, not how well he sang...and it might happen again. The young women love him. He is gorgeous, but who wants to listen to a guy with good looks and a mediocre voice for 2 hours. Not me....but the tweens are lapping him up. Can we beat that? I don't know...and especially since I can't vote it really ticks me off. I just prays my Smooothdini gets through....only as long as he is as good as his first time though. Please vote for him for me, if he is good. TIA

Karey

Exactly who I voted for last night (2 each) :

1. Emily West
    2. Dan Naturman
    3. David & Leeman
    4. Miguel Dakota
    5. Baila Conmigo

Looks like next week will be even tougher...except for that swishstick in roller skates who takes his act a little too seriously even though Howie and Howard thinks he's a comedic act that's why they put him thru
    Mreid likes this.

Is there any chance of bringing back an act or is that later in the competition? I wanted to see more jump roping
    Lynne likes this.

FORT Fan

I remember Dan Naturman when he was on Last Comic Standing several years ago. He made it fairly far. Jasmine Flower was so pretty. Loved the jump roping act; wish they had gone through. Also wish this show would involve "Any talent but singing" lol. I think what hurts non-singers is people wondering how certain acts would translate to an hour or 90 minute show. Super easy with singing, not so easy with the jump rope group, for example.

As for the magic act, often I can't tell how they do the trick, and I don't want to know how -- it's more fun to think it's magic! However, with their trick last night, I think I did figure it out, based on replaying it several times, along with their comments...

The Baila Conmigo group (if that's how it's spelled) was so fast! Enjoyed them. The family all singing together was sweet, but a bit meh. Cracked up when Howie said the 2 youngest kids needed some coffee. Lol! I did think the girl, while cute, looked very uninterested. She was probably tired and overwhelmed.

I liked the balancing act -- what a great pair. The strong guy was "interesting." I prefer the parts of his act which show brute strength, without his getting hurt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678