+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: AGT 8 Finals # 1

Re: AGT 8 Finals # 1

Well if they dont put Jimmy in the pimp spot they put him next to last. There is a conspiracy going on. I think they want Jimmy to make the finale because AGT does not want to lose a big chunk of their audience. Now I bet next week, they will put him as first or one of the early performers.

As for Howard, im sure he was disappointed that two of his favorite acts (Catapult and Kristof Bros. who I knew were not going thru based on the twitter votes) but he's definitely the one judge that makes sense. Anybody listen to his radio show and hear what he thought of Jimmy Rose and perhaps even tweet or call him about this Country cult that is sweeping the nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Watching that dog act just irritated the heck out of me. Earth Harp Guy, Sand Painting Guy, Paint Splattering Guy, etc. lost out to this? Seriously? I mean, I love dogs. We had one for most of my childhood. But the idea that those dogs were more worthy than the above acts just chaps my hide.

Yes, Nick, there's a reason the dogs won. It's the same reason Jimmy Rose will win this year. Because American voters are twits!
    I think most of AGT seasons, the underdog always wins ( just like Master Chef) Earth Harp Guy should have won last year because that is a real Vegas act. A lot of these acts are actually more like acts for the Toyota half-time show brought to u by Toyota.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I think most of AGT seasons, the underdog always wins ( just like Master Chef) Earth Harp Guy should have won last year because that is a real Vegas act. A lot of these acts are actually more like acts for the Toyota half-time show brought to u by Toyota.

Yes, that's it! My criteria for this show is, "Would I pay $50 to go see this for an hour?" Very few acts on this show rise to that standard. That includes the dogs.

Several years ago I saw a book called, "Train Your Dog to Do Tricks!" Many of the tricks in that book were the same ones you see in dog acts. Therefore, I don't really consider them a major act. As you said, Jammy, they're more of a novelty act that are good for some filler in a larger show. I would love to know: do the Olate Dogs really have their own act in Vegas?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

If people become surprised at Jimmy winning this year, then I'll have to say, do I really know the predictability of America's voting more than Americans themselves?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

The country cult are probably mostly made up of the same crew that kept voting for the WGWG to win on Idol. Terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Well if they dont put Jimmy in the pimp spot they put him next to last. There is a conspiracy going on. I think they want Jimmy to make the finale because AGT does not want to lose a big chunk of their audience. Now I bet next week, they will put him as first or one of the early performers.
    Hah! Called it.

I like Cami and Kenichi. Im cool with them but I especially dont want JR to win this. We dont want another Kevin Skinner. He would probably be invited to sing next week...ugh!

Wow! Two performances for each contestant. I skipped Jimmy Rose's performances. Cami is really good, she is going to have a record regardless of what happens. So I guess I'll give all my votes to Kenichi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12