+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: AGT 8 Semi-final #2 ****Spoilers****

AGT 8 Semi-final #2 ****Spoilers****

Chicago Boyz--very talented. Will probably make it.

Magic Act--Maybe I'm just really jaded, but this didn't grab me. It was just a bunch of simple tricks strung together. Having grown up on David Copperfield and Siegfried & Roy, it takes a lot in a magic act to impress me.

Kenici--I love this guy and totally want him to go through.

John Wing the Comedian--hilarious. I love him better than Taylor. I agree with whoever said last week the judges like Taylor more for his persona than his actual comedy.

Kristof Brothers--I have loved them from the very first. I loved them again tonight.

Timber Brown--I love this guy, but tonight it didn't grab me. The constant dropping into the water made me think he was tired. Still, I hope he goes through.

If I did not mention any group, it's because I didn't like/ didn't approve of them.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: AGT 8 Semi-final #2 ****Spoilers****

Jimmy Rose sang the typical country sob story song. A song that I hate so much. He's going to win.
    stacerace76 likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I discovered a website that keeps track of twitter voting results, which updates every few seconds.

Jimmy's ahead of Kenichi by 12 percent.

There were two bad wildcard picks by Howie and Melby. They should have picked an act deserving that should have been there instead of Marty Brown and Jimmy Rose. I think Innovative Force should not have made it to the finals, Dave should have made it and hopefully none of the singing acts make it this week, well maybe the 11yo girl. Jonathan I think is better than overrated Branden. So they put Jimmy Rose last again?! What is this ploy the producers are doing?

1. Kenichi
    2. Kristof Bros.
    3. John Wing
    4. D'angelo and Amanda
    5. Anna Christine

6. Judges to pick from: Chicago Boyz vs. One of the solo singers

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I discovered a website that keeps track of twitter voting results, which updates every few seconds.

Jimmy's ahead of Kenichi by 12 percent.
    Could u pls post the link? I'm curious how the others are doing.

One word WOW. Last nights show was really really good, Last week I predicted who would move on to the next round but honestly this week I just cant call it.

As long as Kenichi Ebina moves on ill be happy, in my opinion he was definitely the best act of the night.

What I fear happening is the army wives, and both country singers moving on, that will really make me angry, the army wives sounded a hot mess last night, im sorry but its time for them to go home.

I can guarantee that Jimmy Rose will advance , guaranteed! I think the Chicago Boyz were outstanding but I predict they will be in the bottom 2 with another act possibly Dangelo and Amanda, and the judges will have to save them again

Apparently nobody in the FORT was watching last night as only 3 of us (from the West Coast) made a post. Voteagt has Jimmy dominating the Twitter votes by a huge margin from Kenici. That is because he got the pimp spot (AGAIN!). Of all acts to end the show, that was a bore. Something more exciting or fast paced should have ended the show. Huge drop in votes after them. There were so many acts that everyone has forgotten about first act D'Angelo and Amanda who were incredible last night. All the other acts are only making a fraction of twitter votes. We are for sure that Jimmy and Kenichi are in but the other acts will be a toss up.

I actually fast-forward through the cheesy country singers and Military spouses choir.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 09-04-2013 at 02:24 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Jimmy Rose sang the typical country sob story song. A song that I hate so much. He's going to win.
    I'm afraid you might be right. I am haunted by the chicken-catcher fiasco.

FORT Regular

It doesn't help that they no longer do the recap at the end to remind people of the acts, then return them all to the stage for the closing, like they used to. They just put up a set of still pictures - usually BEFORE the final act goes on - and close after the final performer.

They're spending so much time with the stupid pre-act montages and having to deal with comments from four judges, not to mention endless commercials, that they have for the last few episodes (especially results shows!) had to rush to the end, with the credits sometimes starting to roll as the last act finishes up (for performance nights) or before they've even announced the judge's pick (for results).

I think it's shameful. Let the last act perform, then take the 60 seconds to remind people of the acts from the night. With a short 5-second clip from each, then close the show. As it is, with the still pictures that come BEFORE the final act performs, it makes the anchor spot that much more desirable.

Here were the Twitter results:

Week 4:
    1 Jimmy Rose 32.86 %
    2 Taylor Williamson 23.70 %
    3 Cami Bradley 10.75 %
    4 Timber Brown 8.38 %
    5 Chloe Channell 6.71 %

Week 5
    1 Catapult Entertainment 33.76 %
    2 D'Angelo and Amanda 12.84 %
    3 Dave Fenley 12.77 %