+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: AGT 8 Semi-Final #1

Re: AGT 8 Semi-Final #1

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Mreid got 4/5. Dave didn't make it and Innovative Force did.

Catapult was in the judges' vote. Wow.

Dave didn't go through for two big reasons: He's not country and he's not a teen heartthrob.

I am so not looking forward to my own rants next week.

Leon and Romy (the magician couple) was Howard's pick. Which is disappointing. I was hoping for some huge reveal like Travis or something.
    yeah these wildcars choices suck! no travis no Milton no American hitman grrr. I was surprised innovative force made it and catapult was in bottom 2 shocker. but man I'm so looking forward to kenichi ebinas performance next week gonna be tough against them annoying country singers though.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

So what should we do now?

That was a disappointing pick by Howard but not as bad as Melby's or Howie's picks. I understand that he didn't want to bring singers as we have so many of them already, he wanted more variety.

I 'd rather that Dave went thru and I wish it was Catapult vs. Innovative Force which was a surprise.

They might have an empty spot next week. I wonder if the judges will add another wildcard to bring to the finals.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 08-29-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mreid1472 View Post
    ok this is who i predict will move on: Forte, Cami Bradley, Collins Key, Catapult, Dave Fenley, and Taylor Williamson.

Yea, Forte! Best act of the night. And I'm glad Howie's words didn't come back to bite him. If you remember, he said that Forte would knock out the other opera singer (Jonathan Allen). I'm glad that America didn't rise up in sympathy and vote for Allen. For once, America got it right.

Cami--I'm willing to give her another chance since I like her.

Same with Collins

Catapult--really? Although I shouldn't be surprised. Of course the judges would vote for the schmaltzy act.

Innovative Force--I work in a high school, so I see this at every pep rally and football game.

Felt sorry for Dave. I loved him until this week. However, that beat boxing was just silly. Howard was spot on when he said that it would hurt Dave.

Wish Angela had gone through instead of Taylor, but oh well. I don't think he has a chance against all the singers.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I don't love opera but I loved Forte! They sounded gorgeous together and THAT song! I too pictured Demi and Patrick. I'm a little concerned that Howard and I are on the same wavelength tho.....

I did enjoy that other opera singer as that was a beautiful song. Yeah, totally contradictory. Don't like opera yet when I do hear it on these singing shows, I tend to like what they sing. Haha.

Cami's singing reminds me too much of Caroline Glaser on the Voice. Now I did like Caroline's voice but Cami sounded like a copycat with even more affectation (is that even a word?)

I really liked Angela Hoover and wished she went through instead of Taylor. I just didn't find him funny. The judges seem to like the "nerdy character" comics but it seems to me that they like the "character" only as they had another one like that last year and he wasn't all that funny either. I tend to like edgier comics and their material, not someone who gets more laughs because of their nerdy behaviours/quirks.

UGH! Cassadee Pope's song sucks! Lots of love for her and her song on twitter. Good, go buy her album then.

Heidi looked so gorgeous last night! (Hate her, hate her, hate her.) She is a great judge and very articulate. Even when she doesn't like an act she still sounds like a nice person while saying it.

And of course Nick. Ahhh. He is so good at his job, quick on his feet and oh so funny.

ETA: I feel like a dirty old lady but that Collin's Key kid is very cute.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Yes and like I said, that's the main reason Collins is going as far as he is. Not because of his talent, but because people like how he looks. And I hate that.

UGH! Cassadee Pope's song sucks! Lots of love for her and her song on twitter. Good, go buy her album then.
    Yeah, they let her perform. More reason to hate this show.

And I wish female contestants had more success on this show. Cute guys making it over cute girls most often is the indication that most of the voters are female.

I try to be unbiased when making my judgements as to who should go through, but my hopes never happen.

And being pissed off about what happens on shows like this and being pissed off about what happens on shows like Survivor or Big Brother is very different to me.

Millions of anonymous people are to blame for what happens on talent shows, while only a select few can be blamed for causing a bad a move on a show like Survivor.

The former pisses me off a lot more.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Meh. I can't get too pissed off about any show as that is way too much energy. I'm lazy like that.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I wish I was like that too

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Meh. I can't get too pissed off about any show as that is way too much energy. I'm lazy like that.

I've gotten to that point. It's all about money and what will sell to the masses. True creativity and talent gets passed by, no matter the show. Great example is The Voice last season. I will never forgive Adam Levine for dumping the bluegrass duo Midas Whale for the generic pop/country singer what's-her-name. I stopped watching after the auditions, so I can't remember the winner's name. Nor do I care. She's just a clone of the previous winner, and probably the next one.

As for AGT, the winner will probably flop like the rest have done. Whatever.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast