+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: AGT 8 Quarterfinal #5 ****Spoilers****

FORT Fan

Re: AGT 8 Quarterfinal #5 ****Spoilers****

I was wondering why Howie Mandel mentioned the Newtown victims, but now I see from the comments here that the Catapult group was doing a tribute to them. I'd been fast-forwarding through some of the "back stories" so I must have missed it when they were talking about it. I have nothing but sympathy for the victims' families & the town (have a good friend who lives there) but their "tribute" does seem like a vote-getting ploy.

I'm glad the comedian made it. My favorite part was about the spelling. When my own kids were in first grade, their teachers corrected their spelling but a friend in town said teachers in first grade where her kids went to school did not, so it brought back memories, lol. I liked: "What's going to happen when my kid grows up and gets a JIB?" and then "Look Butch, if you get my draft..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    I was wondering why Howie Mandel mentioned the Newtown victims, but now I see from the comments here that the Catapult group was doing a tribute to them. I'd been fast-forwarding through some of the "back stories" so I must have missed it when they were talking about it. I have nothing but sympathy for the victims' families & the town (have a good friend who lives there) but their "tribute" does seem like a vote-getting ploy.

That's what happened to me. I was wondering why somebody mentioned Newtown, so I went back and checked. Fortunately, I hadn't erased the show from my DVR yet.

I'm glad the comedian made it. My favorite part was about the spelling. When my own kids were in first grade, their teachers corrected their spelling but a friend in town said teachers in first grade where her kids went to school did not, so it brought back memories, lol. I liked: "What's going to happen when my kid grows up and gets a JIB?" and then "Look Butch, if you get my draft..."

I work in a school, so I laughed at that, too. Trust me, most teachers hate having to "dumb down" learning like that. The other day on the news, they showed a video from some education conference. The speaker was telling the teachers don't worry if the kids gets the answer wrong on his math work. Just as long as he can explain why he came up with that answer. I loved what the commentator said. "Is that what you want your heart surgeon to say? Your heart is right there in your navel. Whoops! Let me explain why I thought that."
    CupidGuest likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Did I mention that the country singers are being put in the same semifinal group?

I bet they both make it through and the horrible people of the country cult wet their pants again.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Did I mention that the country singers are being put in the same semifinal group?

I bet they both make it through and the horrible people of the country cult wet. their pants again.
    yeah that's what I'm afraid of... both country singers making it. and of the course country singers perform with my favorite acts in week 2 semifinals. I'm not too thrilled about week 1. but I think 6 acts advance instead of 4 but we'll see

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123