+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: AGT 8 Quarterfinal #5 ****Spoilers****

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: AGT 8 Quarterfinal #5 ****Spoilers****

Damn it so I hear Tone and Duo Resonance are the first two Wildcards.

Why Tone? He's a bad pick.

I don't think Milton or Travis will come back because America has already put through two country singers and three opera acts. So thanks a lot.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

John Wing made it through! YES!!!!!!

Tom Cotter was great tonight, thank goodness I watched as I needed a good laugh. Didn't he seem a little edgier tonight? Loved it!

So it sounds like the wildcards were to be chosen next week, but Heidi wanted to pick her wild card choice right then and there. She picked the duo resonance and Mel wanted hers too and picked that BOOTY song dude? I will laugh if one of her faves do not get through and she wasted her choice. LOL

ETA: JohnnyK what is with all the hate of the American reality show voter? Are you impersonating Adam Levine? HAHA!!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

John was a pleasant surprise. I didn't think he'd make it, but good for him. Also happy that the kid dancers were in the top 3.

ETA: JohnnyK what is with all the hate of the American reality show voter? Are you impersonating Adam Levine? HAHA!!
    No. I seriously feel that way ever since three weeks ago. And I believe I have good reason. See QF # 2, QF # 3, and QF # 4 threads. I believe I ranted in all of them.

Glad that Wing made it through. Also glad that Heidi saved Duo Resonance. They both deserved to go through.

I died laughing when Mel wasted used her save on that Booty group.

Finally figured out why I didn't like that Catapult group. They were too schmaltzy. Paying tribute to the Newtown victims? Really? I felt like it was one big manipulative vote-getting ploy. Geesh, they're the dancing equivalent of Marty.

Speaking of which, I have made my peace with a country singer winning this year. The real crime, though, will be if this group beats out Kenici. Sorry, Howard, but that would be a crime.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Finally figured out why I didn't like that Catapult group. They were too schmaltzy. Paying tribute to the Newtown victims? Really? I felt like it was one big manipulative vote-getting ploy. Geesh, they're the dancing equivalent of Marty.
    Yes and that's exactly why I hated the Silhouettes two years ago.

But like I said, America always falls for this crap.

The real crime, though, will be if this group beats out Kenici. Sorry, Howard, but that would be a crime
    And more reason for me to hate the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Glad that Wing made it through. Also glad that Heidi saved Duo Resonance. They both deserved to go through.

I died laughing when Mel wasted used her save on that Booty group.

Speaking of which, I have made my peace with a country singer winning this year. The real crime, though, will be if this group beats out Kenici. Sorry, Howard, but that would be a crime.
    Yes it was totally schmaltzy! There are a few contestants doing that vote-getting ploy i.e. Farty Brown and The Army Wives to name a couple. And of course, America ALWAYS falls for it. Catapult is not even very original. I can't believe the judges chose John Wing over the Duo. I'm not connecting with the comedian personality wise. I think Howard should have left it to the America vote. I bet Duo were 4th place.

Melby is so ghetto! She picked Tone over more talented groups. That group have nothing else but B-dbl O-T-Y and they will perform the same schtick again. Who wants to watch the same thing over and over again? What an idiotic pick! I want her and Howie gone next season. I suppose Howie will make an equally stupid pick just like when he picked those muppets just to spite Piers Morgan.

I think we should all write the producers to bring back the wild card round. I was sort of anticipating the round and see who the 12 wild card round picks. They changed it again and the judges just get to pick a wildcard each. I assume Deana will be one of them. I don't know who else came in 5th but I think the Mitsi Dancing School will make it back. I don't think they are splitting them but all 4 will be on next week.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Yes it was totally schmaltzy! There are a few contestants doing that vote-getting ploy i.e. Farty Brown and The Army Wives to name a couple. And of course, America ALWAYS falls for it. Catapult is not even very original. I can't believe the judges chose John Wing over the Duo. I'm not connecting with the comedian personality wise. I think Howard should have left it to the America vote. I bet Duo were 4th place.

I was surprised by that, too. I don't mind, though, because I really liked Wing. I just preferred the Duo.

Melby is so ghetto! She picked Tone over more talented groups. That group have nothing else but B-dbl O-T-Y and they will perform the same schtick again. Who wants to watch the same thing over and over again? What an idiotic pick! I want her and Howie gone next season. I suppose Howie will make an equally stupid pick just like when he picked those muppets just to spite Piers Morgan..

I think we should all write the producers to bring back the wild card round. I was sort of anticipating the round and see who the 12 wild card round picks. They changed it again and the judges just get to pick a wildcard each. I assume Deana will be one of them. I don't know who else came in 5th but I think the Mitsi Dancing School will make it back. I don't think they are splitting them but all 4 will be on next week.

I'm not going to worry about it because this Wildcard fiasco was the final straw. I am definitely out of here after this season.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

FORT Regular

At first, I wasn't that upset about the possibility of losing the wild card show. After all, they did have 60 semifinalists this year instead of 48, so there were more opportunities for good acts to make it through. And in the past, the wild card shows often showed that there were reasons many of those acts did not make it through, and it sometimes seemed cruel to be bringing them back for an inevitable second rejection.

The best wild card entrants, to me, were the ones that lost the judge's pick (particularly if they were actually 4th, although until this season we never knew which that was) or people who made a mistake and really deserved a second chance (I liked the choice of the Kinetic King for the wildcard two years ago, for example).

At first it seemed to me like it might truly be better for the judges to just choose who to bring back...but then I was reminded last night when Mel B chose Tone the Chiefrocca why that's a terrible idea. Two years ago if I recall, three of the four acts that made it through the wild card round were Piers's picks. Last year I think half were Howard's, and it was commented that he would have chosen some of the others were they not taken first. Meanwhile, Howie brought back Those Funny Little People, and Mel B is bringing back Tone the Chiefrocca, over acts that perhaps deserved it more.

For that reason I'm more convinced that even though I feel terrible for acts that come back for an inevitable second rejection, it's still better than unilaterally giving some of the terrible judges the ability to pick and bypass the vote. America gets it wrong (Marty Brown) but at least it's an "honest" vote. A supposed talent judge choosing Tone is, well, awful.

More disturbing to me is that it seemed like until recently they had no clue how the wild cards were going to be done. I was positive I had read earlier in the season that there'd be a wild card show. Then Tuesday night they alternated between saying all, and some, of the wild cards would be revealed Wednesday...and then finally they revealed two. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    At first it seemed to me like it might truly be better for the judges to just choose who to bring back...but then I was reminded last night when Mel B chose Tone the Chiefrocca why that's a terrible idea. Two years ago if I recall, three of the four acts that made it through the wild card round were Piers's picks. Last year I think half were Howard's, and it was commented that he would have chosen some of the others were they not taken first. Meanwhile, Howie brought back Those Funny Little People, and Mel B is bringing back Tone the Chiefrocca, over acts that perhaps deserved it more.

For that reason I'm more convinced that even though I feel terrible for acts that come back for an inevitable second rejection, it's still better than unilaterally giving some of the terrible judges the ability to pick and bypass the vote. America gets it wrong (Marty Brown) but at least it's an "honest" vote. A supposed talent judge choosing Tone is, well, awful.

More disturbing to me is that it seemed like until recently they had no clue how the wild cards were going to be done. I was positive I had read earlier in the season that there'd be a wild card show. Then Tuesday night they alternated between saying all, and some, of the wild cards would be revealed Wednesday...and then finally they revealed two. Oh well.

You just get the feeling that this whole season is rushed and slipshod. It certainly has been blah. Yes, there have been a couple of great acts, but overall I haven't really cared. It just feels like they know it's a disaster and so they're trying to get it over with as soon as possible.

And BTW, moving to Radio City Music Hall has not helped. Most of these acts simply don't have the presence to fill such a large venue, and it shows.

The worst possible people vote on this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast