+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: AGT 8 Quarterfinal #4 ****Spoilers****

Re: AGT 8 Quarterfinal #4 ****Spoilers****

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Jimmy Rose. Well, he's got more talent than Marty. Not much to say since I'm sure he'll go through. For the record, the judges are on the fence. Love how Howard says he's the perfect AGT contestant "because you're a veteran, you sing country, you were a coal miner, and you're a nice guy." That about sums it up. Howard also pleads with America to vote on talent not backstory, but that's pretty much a lost cause.
    Wow! They put the country singer last?! Anyhow, that's why Howard Stern is my all time favorite judge in AGT. HE TELLS IT LIKE IT IS! Lots of country fans are simpletons who would vote for a country singer despite the lack of talent and they dont have anything else better to do but vote. Love him or hate him, Howard called out America. He keeps it real. I don't think America will get it right tomorrow
    Babbred and JohnnyK like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Calling out America was all I've been doing since Marty was voted through.

Will it change anything? No. Will Howard change anything? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Wow! They put the country singer last?! Anyhow, that's why Howard Stern is my all time favorite judge in AGT. HE TELLS IT LIKE IT IS! Lots of country fans are simpletons who would vote for a country singer despite the lack of talent and they dont have anything else better to do but vote. Love him or hate him, Howard called out America. He keeps it real. I don't think America will get it right tomorrow

When they first announced he would be a judge, I was nervous. He has grown to be my favorite, though. In descending order, I would like to meet Howard, Heidi (love watching her on Project Runway), Mel B, and Howie. I take that back. I have no desire to meet Howie.

I'm pretty confident that Jimmy Rose will get through, despite Howard's plea. So for me, it's a matter of filling the other three spots. Timber Brown has to be one of those people. He was spot on the best performer last night. As for the other two spots, I don't really care. I actually wouldn't mind if Cami, that piano-playing singer, got through. I thought she did a great job.

In a weird sort of way, I actually wish Marty and JR would both make it to the final. Since I know one of them is going to win, it would be kind of funny watching America implode as they try to decide. (My guess would be Marty. He just edges out JR in sympathy since he's so old. People will feel like they're voting for their grandfather.)
    Last edited by Babbred; 08-14-2013 at 10:54 AM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Maybe if he had a southern accent, cowboy hat, and sob story, David would fare better.
    Sadly, you may be right...

You know - I have two routines that are westerns, I can find a reasonably priced cowboy hat and I sure as heck have a decent sob story this year (Dad died in October, Mom diagnosed with cancer two months later - just finished treatments this week though )...

... Maybe I should've entered afterall.

(No - I'm not serious Johnny. I probably could produce a routine that is Cirque quality - which is a HIGH standard - and be buzzed out by these judges. And as mentioned - I feel it shameful when any act advances because of the sob story. If you do good that night, you should have a fighting chance to advance, if you do bad, you should not advance).

The Robotix, Tummy Talk, Sensetion, and The Juggler all out. Wow. I feel sorry for everybody except TT.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

America needs to start giving more respect to these danger acts.

Cami Bradley (piano playing singer) in over 3Penny Chorus. I'm glad. I liked her.

Can we just ignore this show altogether next week? It's obvious that the country cult will keep pulling through.

Jimmy Rose beats out Aerial Ice and Champions Forever. Looks like we're heading for a country final.

Howie summed it up. "If you're a country singer and proud American, America will love you!"

Pathetic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast