+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AGT 8 Quarterfinal #3 ****Spoilers****

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: AGT 8 Quarterfinal #3 ****Spoilers****

Maybe I'm nitpicking at technicalities, but I think the reason Howie decided to unanimously send Chicago through instead of Mitsi was because the credits were already rolling and they were about to go off the air. They dragged out the useless BS too long and there wasn't enough time for a fair judges vote, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    They had a better jumping rope dance crew once at America's Best Dance Crew. I would have preferred Mitzi Dancing School to have gone through. I would have preferred Deanna over the singing military housewives but they performed last and they sang about the soldiers. You can't beat that.

The Boyz are good, but every season we have some dance group like them. At least MSD were fairly unique. And I have to admit I just flat out liked the girls better. I liked their grace and beauty as opposed to frenetic, hyper energy of the Boyz. And for some reason (too much going on?), the judges didn't catch the mistakes the Boyz made.

With the other, we had our first Battle of the Sobs. Over the Hill, Last Chance Singer vs. Wave the Flag Patriotism. Not surprised the choir won, but I wish they hadn't. (And I say that with a dad who's retired Army and several family members who are currently in the military.) They're basically just coasting on sentiment, and I hate that. Also, Deanna really needed this, whereas the wives are just doing this on the side.

Next week I think I already know who is getting through.

The light show group
    The country singing girl
    The weird creepy comedian
    The male pole dancer (judges choice)

Good grief, I am not looking forward to next week. I think you listed the only non-singing acts. I'm probably going to watch the show after it ends, so I can FF through most of it.

Thank you, JohhnyK! That's exactly what I was thinking. I kept the volume turned down last night until they got to the actual results. Every time I looked up, they were still doing that bloody puff piece on the judges. I remember thinking, "Boy, if I were the contestants I'd be really ticked off at losing all this time." MDS were robbed, IMO.

OTOH, if the votes had been split, then I bet America would have sided with the Boyz. Not just because of their act, but because they also had a great sob story to go with it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Now I remember how much Tate Stevens from X Factor sucked in some of his performances yet he still won.

America loves country no matter how much it sucks. America loves to ruin reality shows so their crappy country superstar can win, and I despise them for it.
    sunshine3331 likes this.

BTW, Country won over R&B on The Winner Is. They were both great but the country girl needed to take care of her sick aunt so her sob story won over the 101 judges and receive $1M dollars. The score was 57-44. The losing contestant didn't take the $200,000 because she thought she won. If she read the FORT, she would have known what to do by conceding to the country girl with a sob story.

So even so-called "experts" fall for the sob story.

Not to sound arrogant, but I wish I could be a judge on some of these shows.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    BTW, Country won over R&B on The Winner Is. They were both great but the country girl needed to take care of her sick aunt so her sob story won over the 101 judges and receive $1M dollars. The score was 57-44. The losing contestant didn't take the $200,000 because she thought she won. If she read the FORT, she would have known what to do by conceding to the country girl with a sob story.

Seriously? Kudos to her! I wish she would come on this show. I don't think many people watched TWI. However, if she pulled this stunt on a widely-watched show like AGT, she might just build up a huge following.

Does anybody know if they are having a wildcard episode this season? The thought of some of those great eliminated acts just disappearing kills me.

If they don't, then I will probably pack it up after the semis. I just can't bear thinking of a finale with mostly singers. Speaking of which, remind me how this works. So, after next week they will have 16 acts. Say they have a wildcard show so that brings it up to 20. Will they have a semi-final to whittle that down to, say, 12? 10?
    Last edited by Babbred; 08-09-2013 at 01:19 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

They will have a wildcard. Last season it was 24 semifinalists, in two groups of 12. Three from each group made up the top six. Then of that, winner.

Thank you. Does anybody have any thoughts about who they want to see come back? So far, Military Band and the Mitsi Girls for me.

Along with Travis, Alex, and Ciana.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Along with Travis, Alex, and Ciana.
    nah not ciana. id rather see Milton and American hitman come back. along with Alexander and Travis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast