+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: AGT 8 Quarterfinal # 2 Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: AGT 8 Quarterfinal # 2 Discussion **Spoilers**

Not sure how to quote this properly but from Babbred:

The only thing I can figure is maybe people like singing because it's so easy. I mean, everybody can sing. All you have to do is open your mouth. All of these other talents require years of practice or (like the comedians) unique ability. However, when the singers get up there, America says, "See! That's just like me! I could do that!" And then they vote based on that affinity.

I'd never thought of it that way, regarding your last 2 sentences, although I suppose it's possible. That's part of what annoys me about singers winning so often -- it really is not that difficult of an activity. People seem to either have the talent to be a great singer or they don't versus the other talents that usually take years of practice to perfect. I think most of the reason that singers usually win is that if asked the question, "Do you enjoy listening to music?" the large majority of people would answer "yes" versus smaller percentages for watching gymnasts, dancers, comedians, juggling, death-defying acts and other types of acts commonly featured on AGT.

For what it's worth, Terry Fator won the 2nd season of AGT. The first season was won by.... a singer.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I hate this show. Always have. Terry Fator and Olate Dogs are the only acts I have ever liked.
    What makes me hate this show is the voters and the voters only. Like I said before, if it was all up to the judges, it might not be this bad.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Marty told the judges that he was gonna give the "performance of his life" next time. But I bet he'll suck again, which in turn means he would have lied, yet he'll still be voted through, knowing how terribly hopeless his cult is.

Any talentless country singing fool can do well on this show.

You guys wanna know how to make an easy million? Go on this show with a guitar, sing a country song (it doesn't matter how good or bad you are), and you can go a long way. Crying about your life and family in front of the cameras helps wonders too.

FORT Fan

Wow, he doesn't look that tall on TV. (The data in the link lists him as 7'9" tall).
    JohnnyK likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345