+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: AGT 8 Quarterfinal # 2 Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: AGT 8 Quarterfinal # 2 Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I saw her special on PBS, and while I will say she is the epitome of grace (I mean she applauded other singers who were featured with her and gushed wonderful comments to them) I think inside she's glad she didn't win because she has gone MUCH FURTHER without the title.

She has some honorable company. Chris Daughtry and Adam Lambert have been laughing for a while now.

Yeah, Marty sounded like fingernails on a chalkboard. I only saw the "last night" information on AGT because I wanted to watch another show, and I'm glad I did.

Folks say why don't I enter the show because I'm an "amazing juggler" (their words, not mine)... it's BECAUSE I would lose out to folks like this. I mean Charles Peachock, who IMHO is a phenomenal juggler and he lost out to a bad impressionist. I still am dumbstruck that Howie would DARE call someone who bounce-juggled five balls in sync to "Jailhouse Rock" (not an easy song to juggle to begin with, let alone PLAY while juggling) was the same as a guy BLOWING one ping-pong ball onto a xylophone.
    That's probably very wise of you. I can't imagine how humiliating that must feel for the talented people on the show. You've basically just had all your years of hard work thrown back in your face because of a sob story. What an insult.

The judges lay it on thick with folks who are not nearly as talented and those who are get shafted. Has happened for far too long in this show, and it's why we only have had one long term success winner - Terry Fator (ironically the ONLY non-singing win until the Olate Dogs last season), and one runner-up long term national success (Jackie Evancho).

I almost didn't come back this season. Don't get me wrong here; I love dogs. I have owned one for most of my life. I'm sorry, though, that dog act did not deserve to win. Not over Earth Harp Guy or Sand Painting Guy. Although those dogs did have some talent, I still consider last season an example of really talented people getting screwed. I'm pretty sure I'm going to ditch this show when this season ends because I can't stand this anymore.

Fator was lucky that he auditioned for the very first season, when America still thought this was a giant talent show. Sometimes I wonder if he would win today.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I still don't understand why the judges even brought Marty and his hat act to the semi finals... he is not a good singer. At all. For the record, I do like country music . He is just as talentless as that Kevin guy who won several years ago, he is another one who never should have made it past one round. Why do the judges do this? That's why I can't stand to watch this show regularly.

The other night when Marty was completely butchering the song, it took me almost until the end of his performance (if you can call it that?) to recognize what song it was supposed to be. OMG that was so horrid!

Is there another country singer that people would vote in droves for, rather than Marty and his giant chin? If there is a wildcard round, please, please, PLEASE judges bring back at least one country singer with some talent! We beg you.
    Otherwise we all know how this season is going to end. Ick.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

There's no law that says you have to vote based on the performance that night vs. voting based on how much you like the contestant overall so I see no reason for Marty to quit the show based on his "conscience." Who would ever do that?
    Well then the show should be renamed. That's the problem. It's not how the show should work.

I still don't understand why the judges even brought Marty and his hat act to the semi finals... he is not a good singer. At all. For the record, I do like country music . He is just as talentless as that Kevin guy who won several years ago, he is another one who never should have made it past one round. Why do the judges do this? That's why I can't stand to watch this show regularly.
    I'm okay with country music as long as the singer doesn't suck.

But what makes me hate it is how close-minded the voters seem to have been.

I want Ciana and Alex back to the wildcard. Both deserve to make it further than that goon.

And by the way,

Marty Brown (singer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's already had success. I don't even get why. Another reason to hate him for being on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    And by the way,

He's already had success. I don't even get why. Another reason to hate him for being on the show.
    OMG! This guy is a singer songwriter... there is no stopping him now.

Here is another reason to hate him Johnny K: Marty Brown - Wildest Dreams - YouTube

A hint, this video is so much better if you keep your speakers turned to the off position... and read FORT while the video is playing . AAACK! This song is absolute drek.

There are links to other fabulous Marty videos, but I refuse to subject myself to more torture .

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'm okay with country music as long as the singer doesn't suck.

But what makes me hate it is how close-minded the voters seem to have been.

I want Ciana and Alex back to the wildcard. Both deserve to make it further than that goon.

And by the way,

That's how I feel. I don't like country, but fair is fair. If a singer is genuinely talented than they deserve to do well. I want that military band to come back. They rocked, in every sense of the word.
    sunshine3331 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Hopefully they do but if sh** keeps up as sh**'s been going, then Marty will still outlast them. Worst result ever.

And like I said I won't be putting myself through the episodes anymore. I'll still keep track though, I guess, to see what happens.

I'll expect the worst, like Marty's cult keeping him safe no matter how much he sucks.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 08-02-2013 at 07:15 PM.

It also sucks how NBC is willing to waste a million bucks on a talentless loser like this. Country cult. That's the new term.

FORT Fogey

I hate this show. Always have. Terry Fator and Olate Dogs are the only acts I have ever liked.

Marty was presented to us as if he was a nobody and his wife talked him into this show! No one thought this was going to come out?

Country singers win on all singing competitions. I don't think he will win this though. I watch on FF.

There is no front runner for me unless one of the comics come shining through.

Marty was presented to us as if he was a nobody and his wife talked him into this show!
    So we know who to blame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast