+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: AGT 8 Quarterfinal # 2 Discussion **Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: AGT 8 Quarterfinal # 2 Discussion **Spoilers**

I won't be able to stomach watching all of them eventually lose to sucker Marty.

His fans will continue to stay up all night long and skip work or whatever it is they do to vote non-stop and waste time for their hero. And when he does make it, they'll break down and choke on their tears and fall to their knees with pity and delight that their time wasting paid off and that their hero made it (like I said before).

But guess what, if he was such a good guy and a hero as they're making him out to be, he would have done the honorable thing and quit after knowing how much he SUCKED last night, instead of taking the dream away from much better people.

Note to future contestants: If you are a danger act, a young female who actually can sing, a rapper, etc., don't bother auditioning. You won't win.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I won't be able to stomach watching all of them eventually lose to sucker Marty.

His fans will continue to stay up all night long and skip work or whatever it is they do to vote non-stop and waste time for their hero. And when he does make it, they'll break down and choke on their tears and fall to their knees with pity and delight that their time wasting paid off and that their hero made it (like I said before).

But guess what, if he was such a good guy and a hero as they're making him out to be, he would have done the honorable thing and quit after knowing how much he SUCKED last night, instead of taking the dream away from much better people.

Note to future contestants: If you are a danger act, a young female who actually can sing, a rapper, etc., don't bother auditioning. You won't win.
    Ugh. When Marty got thru I wanted to
    Howard Stern nailed it with his comment after Marty got a spot over the other 2 acts.

Glad Forte is still in.
    Last edited by tango7; 08-01-2013 at 12:24 AM.
    BTW likes this.

Wow. Now I'm glad that I FF through Marty's act. Sheesh. Sounds like y'all had a bad night. Even though I didn't listen to him, I knew that it was a foregone conclusion he'd get through.

I couldn't agree more with you, Johnny. Country music has become like some fast-growing weed...it's taking over all the reality shows. I stopped watching AI after boring-as-heck Scotty appeared. Heck, I didn't even watch the final that season, because what was the point? Then I turned around and it was everywhere. I am seriously tempted to ditch The Voice, especially after that travesty of Midas Whale. And now it's taking over AGT. Well, at least they can't get my personal music. For now, I can always turn off the TV and get away from them all...

Glad Forte made it through. I am really, really hoping they pull a Jackie, get a contract, and end up on PBS laughing while this season's winner ends up as a footnote.

Was surprised that Angela made it through over the rappers. Surprised, but very happy. I didn't bother to watch their act, either. At least Angela was mildly funny. I loved her impersonation of Mel B. I have a British husband, but I couldn't imitate him to save my life.

Looking forward to next week. Alas, though, I'm with the other gloom-and-doomers here. It looks like this is Marty's season to lose. Gads, at least Susan Boyle had real talent.
    BTW likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Let's not forget Jimmy Rose, the military country singer. Country + Military + Kentucky = Unstoppable Force.

I'm glad Forte got through too. I wish them good luck even though I won't be watching.

Howard Stern nailed it with his comment after Marty got a spot over the other 2 acts.
    He DID! Even the JUDGES agreed that the result SUCKED!

Screw the public vote, just leave it to the judges to pick the winners each week. They surely would do a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Wow. Now I'm glad that I FF through Marty's act. Sheesh. Sounds like y'all had a bad night. Even though I didn't listen to him, I knew that it was a foregone conclusion he'd get through.

I couldn't agree more with you, Johnny. Country music has become like some fast-growing weed...it's taking over all the reality shows. I stopped watching AI after boring-as-heck Scotty appeared. Heck, I didn't even watch the final that season, because what was the point? Then I turned around and it was everywhere. I am seriously tempted to ditch The Voice, especially after that travesty of Midas Whale. And now it's taking over AGT. Well, at least they can't get my personal music. For now, I can always turn off the TV and get away from them all...

Glad Forte made it through. I am really, really hoping they pull a Jackie, get a contract, and end up on PBS laughing while this season's winner ends up as a footnote.

Was surprised that Angela made it through over the rappers. Surprised, but very happy. I didn't bother to watch their act, either. At least Angela was mildly funny. I loved her impersonation of Mel B. I have a British husband, but I couldn't imitate him to save my life.

Looking forward to next week. Alas, though, I'm with the other gloom-and-doomers here. It looks like this is Marty's season to lose. Gads, at least Susan Boyle had real talent.
    yeah I'm not watching the voice next season either. I don't think marty Brown will win agt though its too many amazing acts that haven't performed yet like they are saving the best for last. next week is gonna be really good and there still is a wildcard show. but poor Johnny k he can't catch a break I seriously think he's over this show lol

I'd go and show my disapproval on Marty's Facebook fan page, but then I'll probably get attacked nonstop.

But if I show my sympathy for someone like Ciana, then I'll get a positive reception instead.

So which one.

So I did the latter and went ahead showing my support for the true winners this week.

I hope Marty quits before he can perform again. His conscience should hit him like that.

For the record, I like some of Shania Twain's songs, including the one Marty butchered. Just like Kevin Skinner butchered Aerosmith.

This show is called America's Got Talent, not America's Got Country Singing Butchers.

I also never want to hear "picked the wrong song" as an excuse for someone not going through again. American Hitmen may have "picked the wrong song" last week, but at least they did a good job!

This result was single handedly the worst one ever and has taken this show to hell.

There is no limit to my frustration right now.

I really blame it on the judges for putting Marty through in the first place.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    For the record, I like some of Shania Twain's songs, including the one Marty butchered. Just like Kevin Skinner butchered Aerosmith.

This show is called America's Got Talent, not America's Got Country Singing Butchers.

I also never want to hear "picked the wrong song" as an excuse for someone not going through again. American Hitmen may have "picked the wrong song" last week, but at least they did a good job!

This result was single handedly the worst one ever and has taken this show to hell.

There is no limit to my frustration right now.

I know. I feel hypocritical saying these things. My husband loves country and so he's gotten me hooked on a few songs. With one exception, though, they are all by women. It seems like most of the male singers just get up and sing about "I want to pick up a babe in a honky tonk/ guns and whiskey and the South--hooray!" For me, those latter stuff are a total bore. That's why I hate country. If the country radio stations are anything to judge by, there are not nearly enough good songs for me to say that I like the genre.

What did Marty sing? Is it available on YouTube? Like I said, I didn't even bother to watch him. And what did Howard say in the results? Again, since I knew Marty would go through even if he sqawked like a parrot, I didn't bother watching that part of the results show.

I can never say this enough. DVR...best...invention...ever.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast