+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: AGT 8 Quarterfinal # 1 Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: AGT 8 Quarterfinal # 1 Discussion **Spoilers**

I knew the 1st six that were called will not make it. None of them were really good. But when they called TellaVision, Collins and Kristeff I thought all three were making it but I forgot they still have that opera singer who is way way overrated. I think American Hitmen and TellaVision are going to be in the wildcard round. I don't know who else will make it but if you have at least two votes from the judges (and they each get a personal favorite) then they would qualify.

I hope that sad country singer doesn't make it. We had a country singer farmer who won already with the same schtick!

As for the judges, I hope they replace Howie Mandel one of these days. He sucks! Get an American judge! Wasn't Rosie o'Donell recommended by Stern?
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 07-25-2013 at 03:04 AM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

But when they called TellaVision, Collins and Kristeff I thought all three were making it but I forgot they still have that opera singer who is way way overrated.
    I thought so too and I too forgot Branden was still there.

In all fairness though, Branden was good and I am glad he made it. But I took some of the frustration out at him too when I was ranting about Hype and Hitmen not making it.

I hope that sad country singer doesn't make it. We had a country singer farmer who won already with the same schtick!
    Yeah, and he sucked bad. Last X Factor winner was country, and so was the last Voice winner. So it's worrying.

As for the judges, I hope they replace Howie Mandel one of these days. He sucks!
    Rumor has it that he and one of the female judges (can't remember who) will be leaving next season.

Get an American judge!
    Technically speaking, Howard is the only American on the panel. I don't agree with this comment.

So, yeah. After this week, I'll be done for this season.

For those that plan to stick around, enjoy.

I'm sorry, Johnny. Honestly, though, I sympathize. I'm debating whether to continue watching myself. When they showed the previews for next week, I thought "Mwah." I didn't care about any of them.

As for this week, I can't remember most of them. During the results, though, I remember not caring for any of the first six acts that got eliminated, so it was no real shock to me. Glad Kristof Brothers got through. They were the best of the night. And yes, Hitmen totally got robbed.

I've invented a new category for this show. SOS=Sobbing Opera Singer
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I almost always disagree with America's decisions so that''s why I hate public voting on any show.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I almost always disagree with America's decisions so that''s why I hate public voting on any show.
    yeah buddy me too very frustrating I'm not giving up yet though there's a few more of my favorite acts that haven't gone yet. I gotta see kenichi ebina perform again
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-25-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Kenichi's my last hope, too. And Sprice, I guess.

We haven't had a female winner since the first season, and as much as I'd want a female winner again after so long, my favorites this season are men. I don't care for Deanna. I like Anna but I liked the Hitmen better.

It would be funny if the people responsible for all the mediocre male winners throughout the years audition for this show and end up losing to a mediocre male themselves. Then they can see what it feels like.

I know that Howard is the only American on the panel but if they are replacing Howard, what I meant was for them to get another American judge and not have 3 foreign judges on a talent show in America. They didn't even have a single American judge in the past few years. I thought that was kinda strange. What's wrong with Rosie O'Donell, Ellen Degeneres, Whoopi Goldberg, Gerry Seinfeld, Michael Richards, Adam Carolla, Lea Michelle, Mary J. Blige, Neil Patrick Harris, Debra Messing, Brooke Burns, Pamela Anderson, Gene Simmons, George Takei, RuPaul, Wayne Brady, Drew Carey, Jerry Springer, Oprah Winfrey, etc. etc.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 07-26-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Kenichi's my last hope, too. And Sprice, I guess.

We haven't had a female winner since the first season, and as much as I'd want a female winner again after so long, my favorites this season are men. I don't care for Deanna. I like Anna but I liked the Hitmen better.

It would be funny if the people responsible for all the mediocre male winners throughout the years audition for this show and end up losing to a mediocre male themselves. Then they can see what it feels like.

Is Kenichi the guy who did "The Matrix" hip hop dance (or whatever you call it)? I just remembered him last night. I'd love to see him again. I don't think he'll win, but at least I can enjoy his performances.

Where it will really get interesting is once we get to the final. If several of our Sobbing Singers make it, then who is poor lil' America going to vote for? There might be some fun watching the chaos as America sorts through the sobs.

Is Howie Mandel not American? What nationality is he, then? Whatever he is, he's done a good job of shedding his accent. I wish they would get rid of Howie, but they would probably replace him with the same type. IOW, "naive male judge who votes for the bad acts the other judges hate". (Didn't The Hoff fill that role previously? ) I have yet to figure why they have this type of judge. Maybe to make Ordinary America feel better? "Gee, no matter what your talent, somebody will love you". That's why I kind of like singing shows like The Voice better. At least they don't molly coddle performers who shouldn't be there.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Howie's Canadian.

Where it will really get interesting is once we get to the final. If several of our Sobbing Singers make it, then who is poor lil' America going to vote for?
    Or the good looking guys.

Everytime a good looking guy makes it, I can picture all the teen girls in America screaming their lungs out.

Everytime a sob story male singer makes it, I can picture everyone falling to the ground, bawling their eyes out with pity and delight.

There might be some fun watching the chaos as America sorts through the sobs.
    It would be evil to make them do that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast