+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AGT 8 Vegas Week Discussion **Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

AGT 8 Vegas Week Discussion **Spoilers**

Vegas Week begins today.

This thread will cover both today and tomorrow.

Apparently, for the first time ever, we'll have 55 quarterfinalists.

I'm not happy with a format change. I loved the format they've had for the last three seasons. Oh well.

Re: AGT 8 Vegas Week Discussion **Spoilers**

Nevermind. 60 quarterfinalists. That's too much.

Oh but hold on. Maybe they're dropping the YouTube week? Because the 48 Vegas advancements plus the 12 YouTube acts equal up to 60.

I think that's what's going on.

I can't freaking believe that Milton was eliminated already.
    spockwhat likes this.

Jimmy Rose made it but Milton didn't.

Jimmy wins I'm calling it now.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Oh but hold on. Maybe they're dropping the YouTube week? Because the 48 Vegas advancements plus the 12 YouTube acts equal up to 60.

I think that's what's going on.
    I wouldn't be surprised - save Jackie Evancho (who has been by far successful compared to the winner of that season), there has not been a real strong YouTube contestant compete in this show, and given some of the amazing talent in the initial auditions that they truly have had in previous years, I say they can do away with it.

Especially with the change of venue to a much more respectable Radio City Music Hall.

Tonight's show was rather interesting as far as some of the acts. Ended up watching it off and on due to the weather here, but I liked the bowl/unicycle lady and a few other acts for the uniqueness. Doubt she made it because there isn't a whole lot more she can do with it for a show.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Jimmy Rose made it but Milton didn't.

Jimmy wins I'm calling it now.
    This is where I shut it off and went to a movie instead!
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

Deanna's been pretty pimped this last episode.

I bet she goes on. She might not win but she'll probably make it to the Semis at least.

But yeah. Jimmy or Marty (if he makes it) are my winner guesses.

Do I get a prize if I'm right?

Amanda (the older ballroom girl) competed on Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition. She is a very good dancer and not just in ballroom.

That girl singer that went last? Was getting on my last nerves. I hope we won't be subjected to more of her bawling and she goes home.

I really like the comedy hand balancing guys, they just make me smile.

It's far too early for me to have any favorites but there are a handful who have caught my attention. Timber - the balancing guy - there is just something I like about him.

I am so glad I don't watch this show live. It means I can fast forward through most of the danger acts. Really cannot stand them, could care less about people swallowing swords or doing other ridiculous stunts.

Although our son (who is 10) did have a funny observation about the guy in the box that blew up. "Well, of course he was able to survive. The explosion was rigged to explode out from him, all he had to do was make it through the loud sound." Smart kid! LOL
    Shoepie and Babbred like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Amanda (the older ballroom girl) competed on Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition. She is a very good dancer and not just in ballroom.

That girl singer that went last? Was getting on my last nerves. I hope we won't be subjected to more of her bawling and she goes home.

I really like the comedy hand balancing guys, they just make me smile.

It's far too early for me to have any favorites but there are a handful who have caught my attention. Timber - the balancing guy - there is just something I like about him.

I am so glad I don't watch this show live. It means I can fast forward through most of the danger acts. Really cannot stand them, could care less about people swallowing swords or doing other ridiculous stunts.

Although our son (who is 10) did have a funny observation about the guy in the box that blew up. "Well, of course he was able to survive. The explosion was rigged to explode out from him, all he had to do was make it through the loud sound." Smart kid! LOL
    omg that singer with the red hair cannot sing to me im sorry hope she gets out in vegas. I really hope that dance group Hype makes it those guys are really good!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast