Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: AGT 8 7/9 Discussion **Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: AGT 8 7/9 Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    What is your talent?
    She's a juggler, if I recall correctly.

I'd be careful there - I'm from the south, and I am conservative and Christian...
    AGT is when I become most hateful, as the last weeks have proven.

I hope everybody here, after the show, campaigns hardcore for Kenichi to win. Get all your friends, family members, coworkers, everybody you know, and everybody they know, to vote for Kenichi. 10 times per phone, create numerous twitter accounts, use other phones, do whatever it takes. PLEASE! I WILL NEVER ASK FOR ANYTHING AGAIN IF HE DOES END UP WINNING!
    jadewarlock likes this.

Mel B thinks Forte will win.

Please.

If Jimmy does win, and if people are shocked at that result, then I feel sorry for them. It would have been obvious from the beginning.

Sh*t, I'd be surprised if he DIDN'T win.

I think Collins stands the best chance after Jimmy.

Here's the order in which I'd want them to win:

Kenichi
    Forte
    Cami
    Taylor
    Collins
    Jimmy
    Jezebella likes this.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

I'd buy Cami's records right away. She is like no other! Kinichi is neither, but can't buy a record...LOL Will give him votes along with Cami. Taylor is funny, and will do well without winning AGT. Liked Jimmy's last song, unlike the judges. Still not getting my vote though, nor will Forte. They too have already made a name for themselves. A good show tonight.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    I'd buy Cami's records right away. She is like no other! Kinichi is neither, but can't buy a record...LOL Will give him votes along with Cami. Taylor is funny, and will do well without winning AGT. Liked Jimmy's last song, unlike the judges. Still not getting my vote though, nor will Forte. They too have already made a name for themselves. A good show tonight.

Can you please give me Kenichi's, telephone number. Thanks

As Mreid said, though, only one can win. So why not just put all the votes on one act? It's what will matter. I can't afford to split votes. Most people probably aren't doing that.

I'm not judging, but making a point.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter View Post
    Can you please give me Kenichi's, telephone number. Thanks
    866-602-4802

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    What is your talent?
    Juggling, and not just basic stuff - fans, flashlights, can bend my body in a few shapes (though now in my 30s it's a bit harder), jumps, turns, arabesques, some pretty difficult stuff (practically anything that can be juggled except stuff that could harm me or others). The girl who won won because she was from a very popular school, young and well-known in town. She had forgotten some of her words and flubbed her guitar at least twice.

But there was at least one more that was worse - being beating out of a top two spot by a pair of girls doing "dueling banjos"... by lighting up their noses with flashlights. :-/

So yeah - I see why Johnny has the passion to get someone who DOES have talent such as Kenichi as the winner of this show - a talented person who COULD use the extra money and the prestige to get further in his career. And I find it unsurprising that there still has only been winner with long term success in the show - and it's NOT one of the singers. It's still Terry Fator. The other long term success is Jackie Evancho, who was a runner-up. It's been obvious to me that he's one of the few with the passion to work and go that extra mile to have a long term show and success. The singers - they're good but save Jackie and Prince Poppycock (though yes he's been struggling in the years), really have NOT tried hard. They see this as basically a "Gong Show" version of "The Voice." (Then again, the "Gong Show" winners tended to also be singers.)
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 09-18-2013 at 12:33 AM.

I really want kenichi to win but it looks like Taylor is way ahead with twitter votes. I predict the non singing acts will be top 3 Johnny k don't worry Jimmy rose is not gonna win

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I'd be careful there - I'm from the south, and I am conservative and Christian...

... and I love Kenichi.

But you are right - there are far FAR too many idiots out there who think talent is just singing. I was in a country talent show this past Saturday and there were a total of four - and I say again FOUR - variety acts out of 14 total acts. That means 10 were singing.

And I've been in at least one show where I got second to a subpar singer simply because she sang.

I'm a lily-white, Southern-as-fried-chicken Christian who's pretty conservative (give or take a stray issue). Nonetheless, I have never liked country music, and I do not anticipate that changing. I also recognize that this is just a television show, and these are just total strangers. I love Kenici and truly think he deserves to win. If Jimmy Rose wins instead, however, then I will be irritated but will go on with my life. I will fire up my swing music and blissfully forget all the country lovers out there. They may own the reality shows but they'll have to pry my CD's out of my cold, dead hands.

Speaking of music, I would totally buy a CD of Cami's. I have loved her throughout the show. Same goes for Forte. I don't particularly like Taylor (I didn't even watch him on my recording), but I can accept his winning. Anybody, absolutely anybody except of JR.

Forgot to mention Collin. I didn't think his trick tonight was the cat's meow, but I have loved him on other nights. I would be happy with him winning.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Taylor doesn't deserve to win either, imo.

Jimmy's fans might be poor Kevin Skinner-type folks who can't afford a computer and only access an old-fashioned phone on their rusty counters. So I'm not counting him out yet.

+ Reply to Thread