+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: AGT 8 7/9 Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: AGT 8 7/9 Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Marty was the one I liked the least of the three country singers we've seen. Milton was the one I liked the most. But Milton is gone and Marty is in. So, sucks.

Yep Hype was the Singin in the Rain group. They're actually going to be in the first quarterfinal next week. I hope they do well and move on.
    I hope so too. we gotta vote for hype next week! all the singers I liked got out in Vegas

Yep Hype was the Singin in the Rain group. They're actually going to be in the first quarterfinal next week. I hope they do well and move on.
    They are very good, and along with the Unicycle Bowl Lady, my favorite group.

I want a third non-singing act to win.

Oh, and on the two dance pairs - yeah, I wasn't surprised both Untouchables groups made it. Given it's brother vs. sister, they were going to make sure it was both or neither.

I've been gone all week, so just watched last night. Now, granted, I was tired after staggering in late. However, I can honestly say that Tuesday's episode was a snoozefest. What a difference not having a live audience makes! It seemed like most of the acts fell as flat as a soufle this week. Even though I FF through the singing acts I was still falling sleep. And the danger acts just seemed silly. "Look at me! I can ride a unicycle while balancing an elephant on my head and setting myself on fire! Whoopee!" And the point of all this would be?

I loved the bowl lady in her audition, but less so this week. That's it? More bowls? Is she simply going to add another one each week?

Loved that the hand balancing guys went through. I thought they defended themselves eloquently. This show has seen a million acrobatic acts. Why not change it up a little and do something different? I agreed with Howard. I didn't think their comedy detracted from their act but added to it.

Ok, help me here. What did the Native American rappers do that was so bad? As I said, I came in late last night so I was tired. Maybe it's because of that, but I just didn't see what they did wrong. I mean the guy who wasn't prepared jumped out and sang the lead rap. Now granted, I didn't think they were that great overall and wouldn't have voted them through anyway, but I didn't get all the vitriol.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Next up is another Kentucky singer and guitarist. He used to be in the military. He's doing country. I can see him winning already. *sigh*
    Two weeks away from me being proven right again on how predictable America's voting is.

I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong.
    Punkin and Shoepie like this.

The country cult should know this: Even if their God Jimmy Rose ends up winning, it will be a fact that he will never match the creativity and skill of Kenichi Ebina, or the voices of Forte.

If America got to vote on every reality show's winner, then we'd never have a deserving person win.
    Punkin likes this.

Kellie Pickler won DWTS and no doubt country music singers were supportive of her. She definitely deserved her win.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Kellie Pickler won DWTS and no doubt country music singers were supportive of her. She definitely deserved her win.
    I agree she deserved the win, absolutely! The country cult has ruined every singing competition. The Voice is the most glaring example.

I hope John Wing (comic) and the other guy, whose name escapes me, benefit hugely from this exposure.
    Punkin likes this.

Team Forte here!!!
    J.D., Jezebella and JohnnyK like this.

FORT Fogey

When does this show end? It is going on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Sure.

More often than not though, nowadays, the winners wouldn't be deserving.

I mean, imagine if America picked the winners on Survivor. Russell would have won twice. God help us all.
    bearhugz likes this.

+ Reply to Thread