+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: AGT 6/11 *****Spoilers****

Re: AGT 6/11 *****Spoilers****

What's your acronym for this, Johnny? White Guy with Guitar or something like that. Even has the requisite sob story.

Cue the standing ovation, the tears, and the judges' raving.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I didn't watch the whole episode at the time.

Howard raving about his act, and the poor boy's crying. Oh, man, just put him through already. I'm crying, too.

He goes through. Yea!
    Collins the magician was good. We'll see what he does next.

Moving on to New Orleans. 20-year-old girl with ventriloquist act.

Cute but not great. Of course she goes through.
    Megan the ventriloquist was nice but I don't see her going far.

Nerdy, crying guy in his 20's getting ready to sing. Parents kicked him out because he's gay. He's also unemployed. And he's singing opera. At least he's not singing "Nessun Dorma".

How long do you think he'll last, Johnny? Do you think he'll win? I'm surprised he wasn't the last, show-stopping act.

Howie says the show is the guy's new family. Guess he'll have to win now.
    I like Jonathan a lot. He's a good guy with a good voice. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll win. I hate to say it, but it's solely due to the fact that he's gay. There's a reason Adam Lambert didn't win. I don't see the public letting it happen. He might go far, but I doubt he'll win. If I'm wrong, I'll be glad.

Escape artist was okay, but yeah, I've seen better. Sam was a lot better.

What's your acronym for this, Johnny? White Guy with Guitar or something like that. Even has the requisite sob story.

Cue the standing ovation, the tears, and the judges' raving.
    Yep. Care level = 0. When WGWG good looking boring guys come on stage I actually worry about them winning right there and then.

So my favorite this episode, even though he's a Andrew De Leon reincarnation, is Travis.

From now on I should create a Reject of the Week Award. Last week it was Chuck from the Bronx.

But this week,

The Reject of the Week Award goes to...

JC Starbright! <3

FORT Fogey

DVRs are made for shows like this. I sped through this in record time.

I don't care for young kids doing ballroom. So many of the dances are sexy by nature and it just looks very odd to see a very young kids shaking their hips.

I thought the ventriloquist was the best of the night. She is no Terry Fador but she may be good enough to make it through to the finals. From what we have seen so far, anyway. Terrible acts last night!

I liked the mariachi group, but maybe only because it got the Howies going? Not sure. Ventriloquist was very good at what she does, but the act itself didn't entertain me. Felt compassion for the young gay man. With a little attire advise, he'd have more stage presence, and he'd possibly go far. Just a thought. He really sings beautifully. I'll take a pass on the high pole person and the lady in the pool. And a pass on the kids dancing, too. My favorite of the night was the magician. He wasn't expecting such a positive response, but it was well deserved.

I wasn't very impressed with the group of acts we got this last episode. The first episode was a lot better IMO.

I enjoyed the 16 year old magician a lot though, but that was about it.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    DVRs are made for shows like this. I sped through this in record time.
    Novelty is what made this show great the first few seasons but have we not seen or heard it all before? Is there anyone interesting enough to make it worth my while to sit through another dance troupe, magician, singer, and whack-a-doodle???

I'm not so sure....

Now-a-days, I only watch with the aid of the fast-forward button too
    Misty8723 and Coco46 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Novelty is what made this show great the first few seasons but have we not seen or heard it all before? Is there anyone interesting enough to make it worth my while to sit through another dance troupe, magician, singer, and whack-a-doodle???

I'm not so sure....

Now-a-days, I only watch with the aid of the fast-forward button too

That's why I loved last season. Oh my gosh, Earth Harp guy was just robbed. And I know you said you had seen other sand painting acts, Johnny, but he was unique to me. He was robbed, too.

Baby's Breath

Ventriloquist was very good at what she does, but the act itself didn't entertain me. Felt compassion for the young gay man. With a little attire advise, he'd have more stage presence, and he'd possibly go far. Just a thought. He really sings beautifully.

That's a perfect way to describe ventriloquist girl. She is very talented, but her act is boring. Perhaps with the exposure she's getting a mature ventriloquist can mentor her.

Oh, man, that poor gay man brought back bad memories. When I was in college, a friend of mine, a very popular and well-liked gay man, once confessed that he was afraid to come out to his family. I can't believe that in this day and age families would still think like this. No matter where you stand on the gay issue, how in the world could you reject your child like that?

Shoepie

I don't care for young kids doing ballroom. So many of the dances are sexy by nature and it just looks very odd to see a very young kids shaking their hips.

Thank you! That's exactly how I feel!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    So my favorite this episode, even though he's a Andrew De Leon reincarnation, is Travis.

From now on I should create a Reject of the Week Award. Last week it was Chuck from the Bronx.

But this week,

The Reject of the Week Award goes to...

JC Starbright! <3

Not trying to be mean but what is that? Male or Female?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Male. He was the guy who said he wanted to be the next Lady Gaga but forgot the words to his own song and got 4 Xed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast