+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: AGT 8 6/4 Discussion and *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: AGT 8 6/4 Discussion and *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I saw the show for the first time tonight. Really loved the impressionist. I agreed with Heidi - I freaked out when she started doing Celine and she LOOKED like Celine, and then she LOOKED like Drew. I don't know how it happened, but it totally did!

I'm a Howie M fan, so I don't know if I'd be saying this if he wasn't there... but in my mind, this panel is the best judges panel currently on TV.

Maybe summer TV isn't going to be stinky after all!
    If you didn't see him yet, I think you'd also love the impressionist they had last year.

Dave Burleigh Celebrity Impersonations - America's Got Talent Audition Season 7 - YouTube

Sadly though he was cut in the Vegas Round over two comedians who I didn't enjoy as much. So we'll see what happens to Angela this year.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Kevin Skinner was even further away from being a million dollar act, but he won.

Yes, I'm afraid that with his touching story, Old Country might make it a long way and possibly win. He could be another act that sweeps through on sympathy and then gets forgotten about when the season is over.

Speaking of which, I believe you're right, Shoepie, that Terry is the only success this show has ever had. Ironically enough, he was the whole reason I started watching this show. One day, a local TV show introduced Terry as "the local boy who made good--winning AGT and now doing his blockbuster act in Vegas!" I had heard of the show, but since I didn't watch it, I had no idea who Terry was. I felt really embarrassed that we came from the same state and yet I had never heard of him. I decided to start watching in case lightning struck again for our state.

I stopped watching after that opera guy won. Oh my gosh, I was so ticked off. I knew as soon as he opened his mouth and sang "Nessun Dorma" that he would win. That's the go-to sob story song for anybody with operatic talent. Sure enough, he beat out acts that I thought were far more talented. I came back last season and really enjoyed it, although I was ticked off that a novelty dog act beat out far superior ones. I almost thought about giving up permanently, but hey, it's summer and I've got nothing better to do. I have given up all hope for this show, however. They may say they're all about talent, but what they're really about is the best tear-jerking story or cute-but-not-great act.

I might add that so far, I have seen nothing on a par with last season's best acts. That could change, though. I certainly hope so, or it's going to be a long season.

One more thought. Of course, I would miss Jackie's season. I had never heard of her, either, until I saw one of her PBS specials. I couldn't believe it when folks here said later that she had appeared on AGT and lost. Seriously? So who the heck beat her? I would say that was probably AGT'S "Daughtry moment".
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

AGT has a history of mediocre winners. Terry Fator is still the best and I don't think he'll ever be topped.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Well, I PVR'd and I can't believe I was the only one to spot SASHA FOX??

I re-wound a couple of times, and I swear it was her. About 8 minutes before the end, (just before B double O T Y guy), there was a montage of people talking about themselves, and it had to be her. Really. I'm serious, I'm not joking!

ETA: a screenshot and hearing her talk again she sure SOUNDS like Sasha Fox too. For those who don't know, she is a contestant on Masterchef this season. Thought Johnny would like it since he likes both shows.

rsz_sashababy (2).jpg
    Last edited by spockwhat; 06-10-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Wow. I remember that scene but I didn't notice it could be her.

She is a singer afterall. I hope they show her audition! <3

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I looked into it further, and it was, indeed her... quick google confirms it. She was singing for her audition. I don't know if she made it through or not though. Shame on you, JohnnyK, for not spotting the fabulousness that is Ms. Foxx!

ETA: I guess we posted at about the same time. I hope they show her audition too!
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Well, I updated my signature to honor her divine appearances on two great shows <3.
    spockwhat likes this.

I really enjoy the new panel of judges. I love how they joke amongst themselves too. Mel and Heidi were good choices as replacement judges.

Gotta say - Special Head is the one act that is still being talked about here. We watched it three times lol. My son and I both about jumped out of our seats (although not in the same way as Special Head lol) when his feet went up in to that position. I am really curious to see what his follow up act is going to be. It's definitely a great show to watch with the family. We laugh so hard together!
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I saw the promo again for next episode. And if the guy I think I saw is who I think he is, then we have another returnee. Brad Byers, sword swallower from season 4, might be back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456