+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: AGT 8 6/4 Discussion and *SPOILERS*

Re: AGT 8 6/4 Discussion and *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    So here's me ranking the successes today.

Like:

Hype
    Pacific Boys Choir
    3Penny Chorus and Orchestra
    Kid the Wiz
    Anna Christine

Middle:

David Weathers
    Catapult
    Angela Hoover
    aerialist
    river dance group

Don't like or care for:

Marty Brown
    Tone the Chiefrocca
    Dave Shirley
    Special Head
    I like Hype, Catapult, Anna Christine, Angela Hoover and river dance group

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Is that the same David Weathers (small, young black guy) who was on American Idol?
    No. That was David Leathers.

My memory stinks. (That's why I'm glad I have you, JohnnyK. ) What did Hype and Kid do?
    Hype was the dance trio and Kid was that solo dancer shown in a montage. I managed to catch his name quickly.

Weathers was the snake guy.

Head was just weird. What is he going to do next? The Indian Rope Trick?

Can't stand the Chief.

Can't even remember the other two. Maybe that's a good thing if they were that bad.
    Dave Shirley was that guy who danced with the doll and Marty Brown was the country singer. I didn't call him bad but I'm just not a fan of him at all. Not my style and I'm actually getting a bit tired of these country singers. I always worry they'll win.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 06-05-2013 at 06:55 PM.

yes please watch it, its a really good show, i like americas got talent because its not just a show about singers its a variety of different talents very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    So here's me ranking the successes today.

Like:

Hype
    Pacific Boys Choir
    3Penny Chorus and Orchestra
    Kid the Wiz
    Anna Christine

Do you think that Howie's question was a set-up for Hype? I mean, maybe a producer overheard them in the waiting area. "Man, I'm sure glad we managed to throw that routine together on such short notice." Then the producer tells Howie, "Ask them about when they created this routine." I mean, it just seemed so weird. When has another act ever gotten that question asked of them? It's like TPTB wanted the audience to become biased against them, but why?

Middle:

David Weathers
    Catapult
    Angela Hoover
    aerialist
    river dance group

I would move Mr. Snake to my "yuk" column. Maybe it's because I live in Texas where rattlesnakes are not a joke. Who knows? I just don't like him and there's only so much you can do with a deadly snake.

Don't like or care for:

Marty Brown
    Tone the Chiefrocca
    Dave Shirley
    Special Head
    Mr. Doll was just ok for me. Same for Mr. Country Singer. He was sweet and all, but he just didn't jump out and wow me. I have a feeling he'll last for a while, though, because of how sympathetic he is. About the only thing that might beat him would be an opera singer or a dog act.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Speaking of opera singer, did anyone catch that black guy in the promo? I'm looking forward to him. He could be good.

The sole country singer last season, Tim Poe, was knocked out in Vegas. It might happen here too. But Marty is the only male singer we have so far, so, who knows.

My favorite reject, obviously, was Chuck the food guy. I would have said yes.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

My favorite part was Howie taking a bite of the "hottest pepper" and then freaking out because it was so hot. He ran over to his seat and grabbed his drink, but it didn't work. Then they gave him a gallon of milk and he was POURING it into his mouth and all down the front of his shirt and jacket. His eyes were watering and you could tell he was uncomfortable. I felt sorry for him, but I still laughed. However, I thought it was stinky that Howard said he would take a bit of the pepper and then backed out saying "I lied".
    ilja, Babbred and JohnnyK like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fogey

Babred, yes, I do believe Howie is asked to allow a stupid act to play out.

I don't believe, for one minute, that the man with the rattlesnake was in any danger. None.

Catapult was good but we see this kind of act every season. Good but far from unique. I have seen better; they spent too much time getting to the next image a couple of times.

I definately want to see more from Special Head. He cannot win but I would like to see some more gimmicks.

The older country singer? Meh. He won't make it far; they gave him a nod and let him through knowing full well he is no million dollar act.

Terry Fader is the only success this show has seen. I cannot remember anyone else. Jackie Evanko came in second. My memory is not great for this sort of thing, however.

The older country singer? Meh. He won't make it far; they gave him a nod and let him through knowing full well he is no million dollar act.
    Kevin Skinner was even further away from being a million dollar act, but he won.

I saw the show for the first time tonight. Really loved the impressionist. I agreed with Heidi - I freaked out when she started doing Celine and she LOOKED like Celine, and then she LOOKED like Drew. I don't know how it happened, but it totally did!

I'm a Howie M fan, so I don't know if I'd be saying this if he wasn't there... but in my mind, this panel is the best judges panel currently on TV.

Maybe summer TV isn't going to be stinky after all!
    JohnnyK likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast