+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: AGT 8 6/4 Discussion and *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: AGT 8 6/4 Discussion and *SPOILERS*

Next up is Chuck from the Bronx. He's eating. Competitive Eater? I wish.

Well sounds like a danger act of some kind.

Oh yes he is! Yes he is! He's eating raw eggs and tequila and lime in eyes and sniffing salt and fire and ice and omg omg eating hottest pepper ever! This is my dream! This episode has finally gotten my full attention.

He eats the eggs and snorts the salt and takes the shot and squirts limes in his eyes and gets undressed and sits in a tub full of ice and eating the hottest pepper! Howard and Mel both buzz. Damn.

Their commentary is pretty entertaining. "Howie I'll be right back I gotta hit my buzzer. Let's get back to the action."

Howie: "This is amazing."

Howard: "Yes it is. It is amazing that the other two judges have not hit their buzzers."

Heidi now buzzes and they think he's gonna puke. But no, he does it! This is the winner right here!

Howard questions the authenticity of the pepper and Howie wants him to try it! Both Howard and Howie take a bite! No wait, just Howie does! Howard throws it away. Nick gives Howie a container of milk to wash it down.

Sadly, the women and Howard vote no. This was fun.

Pacific Boys Choir moves on. They did a good job with their version of "California Dreaming".

Next up is an orchestra called 3Penny Chorus and Orchestra. I'm curious.

They're performing "Call Me Maybe". While I wasn't totally expecting this, I figured they weren't gonna just do something typically classical.

I have a hard time hearing some of the singing, but pretty cool.

The age range, by the way, is 20-86.

Next up is Special Head. I don't even know how to describe his act. He does some throat singing and makes himself levitate in the end. He gets four yeses. I don't get the fandom.

What's next from him? Who knows.

Impressionist Angela Hoover moves on.

A singing duo and some group get rejected.

Last up is a guy who wants to be a one hit wonder. He's Tone the Chiefrocca.

He gets four yeses.

Well if he's a one hit wonder like he claims to be, then what's the point of putting him through? He won't last.

Well that's it. It was an okay first episode. I like the new judges so far.

So here's me ranking the successes today.

Like:

Hype
    Pacific Boys Choir
    3Penny Chorus and Orchestra
    Kid the Wiz
    Anna Christine

Middle:

David Weathers
    Catapult
    Angela Hoover
    aerialist
    river dance group

Don't like or care for:

Marty Brown
    Tone the Chiefrocca
    Dave Shirley
    Special Head
    CupidGuest likes this.

FORT Fogey

I've never been a viewer of AGT other than the very occasional "i'm bored" viewing, but I was curious last night because I like Heidi Klum and Mel B. I really liked the dynamic between the four judges. My favorite line of the night was when Howie got the hot pepper from the food stunt guy, was bringing it over to Howard, and Howard kept on saying "Don't do it, I'll shake your hand". Such a funny threat for Howie! Heidi and Mel also seemed to hold their own on the show instead of coming across as if they were new so really couldn't say much. I think I may watch more often now because I like the panel of judges so much.
    Shoepie likes this.

Is that the same David Weathers (small, young black guy) who was on American Idol?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Next up is Chuck from the Bronx. He's eating. Competitive Eater? I wish.

Well sounds like a danger act of some kind.

Oh yes he is! Yes he is! He's eating raw eggs and tequila and lime in eyes and sniffing salt and fire and ice and omg omg eating hottest pepper ever! This is my dream! This episode has finally gotten my full attention.

He eats the eggs and snorts the salt and takes the shot and squirts limes in his eyes and gets undressed and sits in a tub full of ice and eating the hottest pepper! Howard and Mel both buzz. Damn.

Their commentary is pretty entertaining. "Howie I'll be right back I gotta hit my buzzer. Let's get back to the action."

Howie: "This is amazing."

Howard: "Yes it is. It is amazing that the other two judges have not hit their buzzers."

Heidi now buzzes and they think he's gonna puke. But no, he does it! This is the winner right here!

Howard questions the authenticity of the pepper and Howie wants him to try it! Both Howard and Howie take a bite! No wait, just Howie does! Howard throws it away. Nick gives Howie a container of milk to wash it down.

Sadly, the women and Howard vote no. This was fun.
    I'm confused. Since this show is new to me maybe I just don't get the premise. Why exactly was that a good act?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I'm confused. Since this show is new to me maybe I just don't get the premise. Why exactly was that a good act?

It was simply Johnny's opinion. Don't worry; that's the nice thing about FORT. Everybody likes different things. For the record, I didn't like that particular act, either. My criteria for judging an act is, "If I were visiting Vegas, would I pay to see this act?" Why in the world would I pay to see a guy eating food? And for Pete's sake, eating a hot pepper won't affect your feet, so what was the deal with sitting in the ice?

JohhnyK

So here's me ranking the successes today.

Like:

Hype
    Pacific Boys Choir
    3Penny Chorus and Orchestra
    Kid the Wiz
    Anna Christine

My memory stinks. (That's why I'm glad I have you, JohnnyK. ) What did Hype and Kid do?

Middle:

David Weathers
    Catapult
    Angela Hoover
    aerialist
    river dance group

I loved Catapult.

I liked Angela, but I'm getting tired of women coming on these shows and saying, "I sacrificed my career to raise my kids." Feel free to call me sexist, but I'm more happy for your kids than I am sorry for your career. I also kind of wish that Angela would step it up and try to perform more widely known impressions, such as inconic actors or politicians. If she hadn't of identified a couple of those people, I wouldn't have known who they were.

Refresh my memory again. Who is David Weathers?

Don't like or care for:

Marty Brown
    Tone the Chiefrocca
    Dave Shirley
    Special Head

Head was just weird. What is he going to do next? The Indian Rope Trick?

Can't stand the Chief.

Can't even remember the other two. Maybe that's a good thing if they were that bad.
    ilja likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast