+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Finals (Sept 12-13) Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Finals (Sept 12-13) Discussion *SPOILERS*

I know some are upset the Olate Dogs won, but I'm elated. When Close was out at third I went "OK... that means Cotter won," but I have always liked the Dogs because a. they are entertaining, b. are talented and c. they use (at least some) rescue dogs. If they use more rescue dogs they may encourage people to adopt a pet (the ones who can take care of them mind you) so it's win-win.

What I do love most is all of them went out graciously and won graciously. It's nice and refreshing to see that in these reality shows.

(BTW - I feel all of them have a good chance at success post show if they work hard for it. )

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Well call me a liar because my pants are on fire! I said I'd be fine with the Olate Dogs winning but I'm really not. I had the 6th, 5th and 4th acts eliminated in the right order and thought I was on a roll.

It wasn't meant to be.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood because of BB....

I understand. I said I'd be happy with anybody winning, but deep down I'm a little sad. I loved the dogs but...they're a dog act. I've seen other animal performing acts on other shows. I wish one of the other acts had won, especially Close. I also understand now why the British people were upset when their own GT was won by a dog act.

FWIW, If I had the chance to shell out moola, I'd go and see William Close and Tom Cotter. I really hope that they can turn this national exposure into a full time gig. I live in the middle of nowhere, so there's no chance they'd come around here. The nearest venues would be 8 hours or 24 hours by car. *sad face*
    I'm not sure about Cotter, but I would definitely see Close. I also wouldn't mind seeing Castillo again.

I loved Howard's speech about Nick and Howard's first season. Nick IS awesome and is perfect for this job.
    Didn't you just want to hug them?

Then to top it all off, Sharon is leaving.
    Don't remind me. I will miss her.

What a disappointing ending to what started out as a fantastic season.
    I won't say that it was a total disappointment. The dogs are very cute and well loved by the Olates. I wish them well in the next stage of their career. I also think that most of these acts will do very well with the exposure they've gotten. And most of all: NO SINGERS IN THE FINAL!

Jade, I thought about that, too. Each time a contestant said good-bye, it was so refreshing to see humility and gratefulness instead of pouts and frowns. Overall, I think this was a wonderful season.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Out of the two dog acts that have won a "got talent" this year - the Olate Dogs are interesting and the owners are also entertaining - they add to the humor of the act. The winner of "Britain's got talent" that performance here was boring.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Tom Cotter is going to experience a career boost and William Close will probably get an offer to team up with some muscians and sell a show somewhere. So Olate Dogs winning is fine with me now that I have given this some thought.

They will be a good opening act for another. I am not sure they can fill enough time for a headliner in Vegas though. Paired with another animal act it could work.

Good show last night. I kind of freaked when my number 3 Joe C went fifth and then my number 2 David G went fourth, and I thought it was all over when my number 1 William C went third. I hope these three get some really good opportunities from their exposure.

I'm not a fan of Joan Rivers - her roast to Sharon wasn't funny, it was just plain rude - so when it came to Olate or Cotter, I was pleading with the screen. Whoo Hoo the doggies won!

Nick is a gem and the piece they did on him was great! Did they do a sendoff for Sharon and I just missed it? I was expecting something.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Good show last night. I kind of freaked when my number 3 Joe C went fifth and then my number 2 David G went fourth, and I thought it was all over when my number 1 William C went third. I hope these three get some really good opportunities from their exposure.

I'm not a fan of Joan Rivers - her roast to Sharon wasn't funny, it was just plain rude - so when it came to Olate or Cotter, I was pleading with the screen. Whoo Hoo the doggies won!

Nick is a gem and the piece they did on him was great! Did they do a sendoff for Sharon and I just missed it? I was expecting something.
    Well, given Joan won "celebrity apprentice" being rude, classless and tacky toward Annie (and in spite of the fact Annie practically out raised her 2:1), I'm not surprised at the roasting. Sharon fortunately is a class act to NOT say what she really feels when she's working.

Nick is one of the few people who if they lost that show is over. Sharon going will give them a hard hit though. And no, I didn't see a piece on her - it may explain why she said it was her last episode when the Untouchables were eliminated - she probably knew.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

I can easily do without Nick.

He is a nifty guy from the interviews I have seen but his role on the show is frantic and distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I can easily do without Nick.

He is a nifty guy from the interviews I have seen but his role on the show is frantic and distracting.
    True, but even there without Sharon anymore, he will be the sanest person who is a part of the show (on screen mind you) there.

The only time I got annoyed was when he did the duct tape bra and pants for that pole dance bit. He kinda deserved to have pain when he took that off - it was unnecessary.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I like Nick as a host. I didn't really like him when he first started because I missed Jerry, but he's really gotten great.

Speaking of Sharon leaving, I wonder who'll replace her. I can't really imagine anyone that I'll like there as much as her.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred
    I understand. I said I'd be happy with anybody winning, but deep down I'm a little sad. I loved the dogs but...they're a dog act. I've seen other animal performing acts on other shows. I wish one of the other acts had won, especially Close. I also understand now why the British people were upset when their own GT was won by a dog act.
    Thanks! I thought that William Close was the most original and deserved the win.

I thought the dog act that won BGT was cute but even I have to concede that the Olate Dogs are much more entertaining. But winning the whole thing? Tough pill to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie
    Nick is all those things, loves to be crazy especially with that pole dancing thing but he comes across as a good soul. He's respectful of the contestants especially when they've been X'd and is very compassionate towards them. Kind of a yin/yang thing.

If they use more rescue dogs they may encourage people to adopt a pet (the ones who can take care of them mind you) so it's win-win.
    I was just looking at my local humane society's website. They are waiving adoption fees because their shelter is overloaded, especially with cats. Looking at the ages and sizes of the dogs it seems that a lot of them are about a year or 2 yo. Once they are no longer small, cute puppies off to the shelter they go. It's sad.

Many people think "ohhh, how adorable! Look what they can do! I want one of those" I hope that no one thinks they should get a dog similar to the ones they see performing on TV and run out and get one. Even in my non-cosmopolitan small city I could swear there were a lot of women running around with little pocket dogs similar to what Paris Hilton had just a few years ago. Then they get bored of it or don't want to put in the work that dogs require and off the pups go to "boarding school".
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast