+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Semifinal #2 (Sept 4-5) Discussion *SPOILERS*

  1. #41
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,049

    Re: America's Got Talent 7 Semifinal #2 (Sept 4-5) Discussion *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    The Untouchables are in the Top 2 and are in the Finals! I'm really surprised. I thought for sure they'd be in the judges' vote.
    I'm not - because they really upped their game last night. They were the ONLY ones who actually successfully did a magic trick that was surprising (I sincerely do not know how they managed the quick change), their dancing overall was very strong, and they were mostly in sync. I don't think it was the little girl crying though it factors in a bit. They had the elements of new, surprising and entertaining last night.

    Course they'll have to now up their game again, but one can't say they didn't earn it. I feel for lightwire, but I think they'll do well on their own. I can see them join up with last year's light group and both do a show combined. Some of the ballet skills of lightwire could benefit the other group and the pattern and light programs could be added to some of the lightwire acts.

    I most definitely think American got it right on the four that were up for those spots though.

  2. #42
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: America's Got Talent 7 Semifinal #2 (Sept 4-5) Discussion *SPOILERS*

    Kevin Skinner, winner of Season 4, was the worst. Hockenberry was better than him.

  3. #43
    FORT Fogey jammyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: America's Got Talent 7 Semifinal #2 (Sept 4-5) Discussion *SPOILERS*

    I expected that David Garibaldi and the CMYKs, Lightwire, The Untouchables and the Olate Dogs are the top 4 (Tim Hockenberry for sure was the 5th) but didn't expect for Olate dogs and The Untouchables (and yes the little girl crying factored inthem becoming 1st) to be the top 2. I really think that this week has more talent than last week's. If Joe Castillo was on this week's semis instead of last week's, he would not have made the judges' choice over any of the top 4 but if Lightwire was on last week's semis, the judges would have chosen them over Joe Castillo or any other acts.

    I'm glad though that Sharon was outvoted and that DG & the CMYKs made it through.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 09-07-2012 at 01:35 AM.

  4. #44
    FORT Fogey Mreid1472's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,749

    Re: America's Got Talent 7 Semifinal #2 (Sept 4-5) Discussion *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I expected that David Garibaldi and the CMYKs, Lightwire, The Untouchables and the Olate Dogs are the top 4 (Tim Hockenberry for sure was the 5th) but didn't expect for Olate dogs and The Untouchables (and yes the little girl crying factored inthem becoming 1st) to be the top 2. I really think that this week has more talent than last week's. If Joe Castillo was on this week's semis instead of last week's, he would not have made the judges' choice over any of the top 4 but if Lightwire was on last week's semis, the judges would have chosen them over Joe Castillo or any other acts.

    I'm glad though that Sharon was outvoted and that DG & the CMYKs made it through.
    omg yes i must agree with you on that one. I love Sharon but im so glad that howie and howard put David and CMYKs thru they were def better than Lightwire and deserve to be in the finals! MY top 3 in the finals are Tom Cotter Olate Dogs and David Garabaldi i want one of these three acts to win really bad, but im not sure if they will, wel see what happens next week. The untouchables did great but i really think they made it because the little girl was crying, i personally enjoyed ALL THATs performance better than the untouchables but oh well
    Shoepie likes this.

  5. #45
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: America's Got Talent 7 Semifinal #2 (Sept 4-5) Discussion *SPOILERS*

    I like the final line up with the exception of Untouchables and Joe. Neither will win though and that is good.

    Tom Cotter, Olate dogs and David. I would like to see these as the final 3. I think William may be there in place of David, unfortunately. I don't think he can win though. I see Tom taking this.

  6. #46
    FORT Fogey fan*addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Posts
    3,896

    Re: America's Got Talent 7 Semifinal #2 (Sept 4-5) Discussion *SPOILERS*

    I don't agree with ths dancers going through..as Howard would say "I am going to vote for the show that I would pay money to see". I question the show power of the dancers....maybe it is just my taste..that is why these shows appeal to so many different styles.. I will say that I am elated that this year seems to be a "variety style" show of finalists and not a bunch of singers as in the past few seasons. Rooting for Tom Cotter all the way! (Or David G) either would make me happy!

  7. #47
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,049

    Re: America's Got Talent 7 Semifinal #2 (Sept 4-5) Discussion *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I like the final line up with the exception of Untouchables and Joe. Neither will win though and that is good.

    Tom Cotter, Olate dogs and David. I would like to see these as the final 3. I think William may be there in place of David, unfortunately. I don't think he can win though. I see Tom taking this.
    While I think you have a point there - bear in mind we have said that before (i.e. Prince Poppycock and Jackie Evancho's season) where we thought it'd be anyone but the one who won - so if you don't want Joe Castillo to win - I'd probably not say he won't

  8. #48
    FORT Fogey Mreid1472's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,749

    Re: America's Got Talent 7 Semifinal #2 (Sept 4-5) Discussion *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I like the final line up with the exception of Untouchables and Joe. Neither will win though and that is good.

    Tom Cotter, Olate dogs and David. I would like to see these as the final 3. I think William may be there in place of David, unfortunately. I don't think he can win though. I see Tom taking this.
    I agree with you!
    Shoepie likes this.

  9. #49
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: America's Got Talent 7 Semifinal #2 (Sept 4-5) Discussion *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    While I think you have a point there - bear in mind we have said that before (i.e. Prince Poppycock and Jackie Evancho's season) where we thought it'd be anyone but the one who won - so if you don't want Joe Castillo to win - I'd probably not say he won't
    Who won that season? I am drawing a blank which tells me it was a singer.

  10. #50
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,049

    Re: America's Got Talent 7 Semifinal #2 (Sept 4-5) Discussion *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Who won that season? I am drawing a blank which tells me it was a singer.
    Michael Grimm was the winner.

    To show how "successful" he was post show compared to the two runner's up:

    Prince Poppycock - currently has a show or is part of one (last time I checked). Not a big show but one nonetheless.

    Jackie Evancho: Went platinum with her CD in less than two weeks after release. (not quite sure but may have been faster). Also has been in several specials performing with special acts, including Susan Boyle.

    Grimm: Went GOLD (that's 500,000 versus 1 million for platinum) on his CD - and that was in at least TWO MONTHS if not more. It was much slower than Jackie's CD and he's since faded from the limelight.

    Then again - so far - all but the NON-singer winner (here Terry Fator) has faded away in about a year if not less.

    These acts - even my least fave Tom Cotter - will have a better chance at long term success.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.