+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Semifinal #2 (Sept 4-5) Discussion *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Semifinal #2 (Sept 4-5) Discussion *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Well darnit, I think my crystal ball is cracked. I don't know who will be going through for sure. I think that Lightwire Theater and Olate Dogs might get through but am unsure as to who the third will be. I'm leaning towards The Untouchables over David Garibaldi as his act just wasn't as exciting as previous.

Tim Hockenberry might still be in it with that performance, although I've heard better. I'm not sure if that performance hurt him or helped him with Chapman's name in the news again.

I'm sticking with my F2 as William Close and Tom Cotter.
    I think Tom Cotter will be there for sure and either William or Olate dogs. I am begining to think William may not make F2. Not sure why other than you cannot really get the effect unless you are in the theater and the dogs catch your heart. I think the idea is unique but I didnt like the band they got for him. He probably needs to do a song that catches your heart to win. Something that makes you almost cry it's so moving.

I sure hope the bird goes through because I want to see what he can do with more of them.

I really dislike those kids that the judges made cry out of happiness. Well, not the kids, the act.

Singers? Ho hum.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

My three are Olate Dogs, Garibaldi, and.. I don't know. I don't have a Top 3. I was going to say Lightwire, but they're getting old for me. I like Jacob, but he did no goody tonite!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    But but but, what about the Scott Brothers?

There's some vids of them on Youtube from the 80's. It's amazing how long they've been at it.
    Johnny, sweetie - they're out now, as good as they were they tipped their hand and I think that's what got them ousted sadly. That said, I bet they'll have at least some success in the near future with their admittedly stellar routines. (I say this because if the durn magician with the cat can get a commercial, these guys can get a gig).

As far as tonight - it's a tossup to me. So long as Tim Hockenberry and the father daughter team do not advance I'll be happy. Hockenberry just confirmed to me that he's a dime a dozen (he's there for his story, not his singing and he was BAD tonight) and the father daughter duo - I feel they took a spot from a good act thanks to the luck of the draw on how producers set up the quarters. They simply weren't strong enough to me.

I'd like to see the CMYK painters, lightwire and either the Olate Dogs or the Untouchables advance.
    JohnnyK likes this.

BTW, in regard to David and the CMYK painters - when I heard Howard's comment about them making the audience wait just a little too long (BTW, not a harsh comment but I can see a reason for it)...

Did he not get that the way David painted the board and had the dancers move it about there was also a painting of Jimmy Hendrix shredding a guitar (well playing it) and then I think maybe another performer before it went to the Statue of Liberty?

I was impressed - he painted that to where you got two for sure possible three works of art in 90 seconds.
    Shoepie likes this.

If "The Hock" advances, can I be disappointed in how one-note the voting is again?

How can anyone not love the Olate Dogs??
    Untouchables were great, but the kids crying . . .wow, they are under so much pressure and stress.
    Mariachi boy, go away.

FORT Newbie

I predict the olathe dogs and David will go for sure and then between Untouchables and Lightwire for final spot and Untouchables will move forward. I enjoyed the Untouchables over Lightwire for first time all season.

Quote Originally Posted by badora View Post
    I predict the olathe dogs and David will go for sure and then between Untouchables and Lightwire for final spot and Untouchables will move forward. I enjoyed the Untouchables over Lightwire for first time all season.
    I really hope you're right. That would be a near perfect result show in my book.

A perfect finals for me are six acts - most we haven't seen in a finals - perform. If we have one singer this year - especially sandpaper edges Tim Hockenberry - in the finals it'd be a travesty.

Of the final three singers if the public insists on having one - I'd rather it be Sebastian as he was the best of the three last night.

FORT Fogey

David (painter), Clint (birds) Olate Dogs are the 3 I want to see go through.

Tom, William, Joe, David, Clint, Olate Dogs final 6 with Tom Cotter winning and Olate Dogs 2nd place. I don't think this will happen but I would love to see it!

I just don't like any of the dance teams or singers. Terry Fador is the best winner to date. I prefer novelity acts for this show. We see enough singing and dancing on other programs.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 09-05-2012 at 12:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast