+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Semifinal #1 (Aug 28-29) Discussion *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Semifinal #1 (Aug 28-29) Discussion *SPOILERS*

So what was that preview all about if the next show is the finale with only these 3? Did I mistake something?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Next week is the second semi with three more advancing. Then the week after is probably the finale with the final six.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    We are having a top 6 right? Next week 3 more advance to the finals. Then what? Do we watch them all perform again? This season is confusing.

Tom Cotter was on Last Comic Standing and I have seen him on Leno or another night show. He is very good and I would like to see him win. He is better than many comics who are more well known. He tours and is known by many who follow comics but he needs a big break. I much prefer him to the harp.

The sand painter is just not a million dollar act. I couldnt watch that for long and I would tire of the maudlin messages. Sharon does have a point in that he could be the background for a music act of some kind. I am not sure any singer or band would like their thunder diminished by his talent, however.
    YES!!! i agree with everything you just said! Tom Cotter all the way! I have nothing against william close but i do not want him to win, Tom Cotter is a much better act in my opinion.

Turf actually got eliminated.

Earth Harp and Sand Painter got through.

R & B and the Scott brothers didn't.

Cotter is a good comedian, but I still would like to have seen more of these other two acts. Still, I'm glad these top three acts beat out the singers. And I'm SO glad that Sharon stood her ground and made the right choice. The dog act was cute, but it would have been a crime to let him go through over the sand painting act.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

For me I like Joe and think he is great however im much more excited to see David Garabaldi and the CMYKs next week because I really enjoy their act more than Joe.

I kind of find it unbelievable that Todd Oliver beat Andrew De Leon in the public vote. The judges sure did a good job screwing Andrew over. Not only put him first in a night with 12 acts, but then afterwards bash him.
    jadewarlock and mushybrain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    (Given the loser of the judge's pick in the quarterfinals almost always gets picked for the wild card show, I see no point to the judge's picks in those rounds either - just say that 5th place in the quarterfinals is an automatic berth to the wildcard and let the voters vote).
    I always thought that the 5th place from the quarterfinals round gets an automatic berth for the wildcard and the judges pick only 3 each from the remaining contestants. But i guess that was never the case. Not fair for the 5th place finishers i think.

They don't. It just happened to be the case last season. This season and Season 5 had two of the four make the wildcard.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I kind of find it unbelievable that Todd Oliver beat Andrew De Leon in the public vote. The judges sure did a good job screwing Andrew over. Not only put him first in a night with 12 acts, but then afterwards bash him.
    I think they were trying to ensure a no singer finale (well unless your name is Tim Hockenberry possibly), which bears the question - WHY bring back Andrew?

I'm not a fan of either comedian; however, Tom was the stronger of the two. He's going to have to work on his timing though if he wants to win.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I must be in the minority. I'm very disappointed in the 3 who made it. The earth harp does nothing for me, and I don't care for his singers. Maybe you have to be there to really get the whole magic of it. I'm kind of tired of the feel-good artistry with music in the background that Joe Castillo does. Reminds me of the dance troupe last year who made the images with themselves while inspirational songs being played. I might like Tom Cotter, except I'm trying to enjoy the show with my children, and a lot of his jokes are too adult for them.

I would have preferred (in no particular order) Dittleman, The Scott Brothers, Rebecca & Donovan, Academy of Villains and, yes, even Todd Oliver over those three. However, I'm not voting so I have no room to complain. I doubt my votes would have had any affect. Nobody else seems to agree with me except on a few!
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast