+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Wildcard Round (Aug 21 - 22) Discussion *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

America's Got Talent 7 Wildcard Round (Aug 21 - 22) Discussion *SPOILERS*

Most of them did well and nobody got buzzed.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Wildcard Round (Aug 21 - 22) Discussion *SPOILERS*

Is it wrong of me to think this was a waste of an episode? While everyone kicked it up a notch, except for Cristin Sandhu does anyone think someone from this episode will win?

I have my biased pick to win, so the last 2 episodes were a waste for me. Sharon telling Andrew DeLeon that he is possibly the winner? Ummm, I love you Sharon but do you not remember how well known the other winning opera singer is? Do you even remember his name? Do you remember the other acts that America has already voted through?
    jadewarlock likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Is it wrong of me to think this was a waste of an episode? While everyone kicked it up a notch, except for Cristin Sandhu does anyone think someone from this episode will win?

I have my biased pick to win, so the last 2 episodes were a waste for me. Sharon telling Andrew DeLeon that he is possibly the winner? Ummm, I love you Sharon but do you not remember how well known the other winning opera singer is? Do you even remember his name? Do you remember the other acts that America has already voted through?
    No - I even forgot that the show was on. That said - sounds like I made a better choice with "Face Off."

And - I agree on the Sharon comment you've made - the only opera singer most people associate "America's Got Talent" with is Jackie Evancho - and she pretty much keeps that mum.

Like I said, I think most of the acts tonight did good. Todd Oliver did better, Horse did the best he could, Andrew didn't screw up this time, Sebastien did okay, Jarrett & Raja weren't booed this time, etc.

Cristin fell off again so he's done.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Like I said, I think most of the acts tonight did good. Todd Oliver did better, Horse did the best he could, Andrew didn't screw up this time, Sebastien did okay, Jarrett & Raja weren't booed this time, etc.

Cristin fell off again so he's done.
    But do you think any of these acts can overcome and win over the other acts who were voted through?

Bring out your Johnnypedia. Has any act that came from the Youtube episode or Wildcard episode went on to win?

I realize that Jackie was a youtube surprise/sensation but she still didn't win. Wildcards are brought back because the judges think they deserve another chance. My feeling is if they didn't originally get voted through, they'd have a tough time beating someone who DID get voted through.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Bring out your Johnnypedia. Has any act that came from the Youtube episode or Wildcard episode went on to win?
    No and no. No Wildcard has ever made the F4 either.

I do think Andrew has a chance either way, though. At this point it's between him, Tim, and Turf.

I thought the Youtube Acts were a waste of an episode and even the standouts are not even up to par to those who got through via the regular (more difficult) route. It was a disaster. I mean, the Magic of Puck? That was the most boring magic act i've seen! I like the wildcard because just because the act had an off night, it doesn't necessarily mean that they were bad. It also means they can do better as they have showed in their auditions. I like it that they were given a 2nd chance.

I think there are a couple of wasted picks. First and foremost was Horse. I thought Howard Stern makes the most sense among the judges but he sold out on this one. The act however has Howard Stern written all over it and that's why he picked this guy. Fortunately for us, Horse will not have any more children to continue his legacy. Frankly, I thought Howard Stern would have picked his favorite band of the entire show which is Wordspit and the Illest. He clamored for a band to make the semis yet he picked Horse over them, WTF! Didn't they come in 5th in their quarterfinal round? I thought those who came in 5th are automatically in the wildcard and judges can only pick 3 each from the remaining acts.

The other wasted pick to a lesser extent is Cristin Sandu. I really didn't think he can continue more than what he did before. He tried to perform the same trick, this time with a little more success (he stayed longer balancing the cylinders) but eventually fell again. He should have done something else. The 3rd act that didn't deserve the wilcard is Jarrett & Raja, the magicians. They were booed by the audience for christ's sake and they were even X'ed twice! I think 787 Crew and Unity in Motion should have taken their place instead.

I like the fact though that they brought back Andrew DeLeon the castrati opera singer who choked in Vegas and the Brandbaz brothers balancing act who the judges eliminated in Vegas before they can even perform which was strange, but they brought them back, thanks to Howard. However, they didn't do as well as they did in their audition. Who is moving on?

1. Spencer Horsman the escape artist
    2. Ben Blaque the sharpshooting archer
    3. Todd Oliver the dog ventriloquist
    4. Brandbaz bros. the balancing act
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 08-22-2012 at 04:41 AM.

I do think Andrew has a chance either way, though. At this point it's between him, Tim, and Turf.
    If the judges have their way I say you're right sadly.

I hope WE THE PEOPLE have the right to say otherwise, because of these three - Andrew would be the one I want to win - and most know how I feel about a singer winning. At least he has a unique talent that people would pay to watch. Tim is a bit a dime a dozen and Turf... well... he's a sob story that they're using more than true talent (nice enough kid though).
    JohnnyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    No - I even forgot that the show was on. That said - sounds like I made a better choice with "Face Off."

And - I agree on the Sharon comment you've made - the only opera singer most people associate "America's Got Talent" with is Jackie Evancho - and she pretty much keeps that mum.
    Close--I knew it was on last night but had to go out and wasn't in a hurry to watch it when I got back. Thank you, Jammy, for your detailed description. It looks like I didn't miss much. I'm basicallly marking time until Earth Harp Guy, Sand Painter, and Aurora Light Painters come back. Yes, I know I criticized ALP in the past, but you know what they say--absence makes the heart grow fonder. And seeing all these lousy and somewhat good acts just makes me pine for the really good ones.
    Last edited by Babbred; 08-22-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Didn't Michael Grasso the magician made the final 4? I thought he was also a wildcard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast