+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Wildcard Round (Aug 21 - 22) Discussion *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Wildcard Round (Aug 21 - 22) Discussion *SPOILERS*

Well in all fairness, I do think Tom is a lot better than the Youtube comedian was.

I agree about Turf. His sob story and the major pimping is the only reason he's doing so well. But what's new? That's the case every year.

Wow look what I found!

Major Format Change: 'Top 10' Become 'Top 6' | AGTNews.com

There will only be 6 acts in the finals this year instead of 10, which I guess means three are moving on from each semifinal instead of the usual five. Not sure what I think about that.. some of my favorites will definitely have a harder time advancing now.

Whaaaat????!! Why?

What happened to the results show for the Wildcards? Who made it?

It was on Wednesday. The top three were Sebastien, Andrew, and Todd Oliver. All That! beat Lindsey in the judges' vote.

I never got to see it because the Giants game encroached on the schedule. I thought they will replay the results show but my DVR only recorded the previous shows for some reason so I don't think they re-aired the results show for wildcards. There is not even a thread for it here. Thanks.

This is the group where I don't agree with the results. The Archer and the Escape Artist, people who risk their lives to entertain other people, were not even in the top 5? America got this wrong. Sebastian and All That/Lindsey are not even close to be 1 million dollar acts.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I never got to see it because the Giants game encroached on the schedule. I thought they will replay the results show but my DVR only recorded the previous shows for some reason so I don't think they re-aired the results show for wildcards. There is not even a thread for it here. Thanks.

This is the group where I don't agree with the results. The Archer and the Escape Artist, people who risk their lives to entertain other people, were not even in the top 5? America got this wrong. Sebastian and All That/Lindsey are not even close to be 1 million dollar acts.
    I'm not watching this show, and have seen maybe 15 - 20 minutes of it tops. But I just thought I would mention that "people who risk their lives to entertain other people" are the main reason I don't watch this show. I want to be entertained, not fear for someones life. I can't stand to watch people doing things that are dangerous. I really just don't understand why people find it entertaining.
    jadewarlock likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

FORT Fogey

They need to tighten up the format of this show and stop repeating them every week. This show is just waaaay too dragged out from beginning to end. I got bored with it weeks ago.
    jadewarlock likes this.

There were like, four danger acts in the Wildcard and none of them made it through. Spencer was in the Magic category in the Vegas round, which he shouldn't have been. imo he's a Danger act.

To all the William Close fans, I think I may be on board now. He's one of the few I could actually be happy for winning.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Wow look what I found!

Major Format Change: 'Top 10' Become 'Top 6' | AGTNews.com

There will only be 6 acts in the finals this year instead of 10, which I guess means three are moving on from each semifinal instead of the usual five. Not sure what I think about that.. some of my favorites will definitely have a harder time advancing now.
    They'll probably say due to the Olympics, but it's probably to put pressure on some of the better talents so they screw up so his annointed one Turf or the second annointed one Tim/Tom can make it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    There were like, four danger acts in the Wildcard and none of them made it through. Spencer was in the Magic category in the Vegas round, which he shouldn't have been. imo he's a Danger act.

To all the William Close fans, I think I may be on board now. He's one of the few I could actually be happy for winning.
    I would MUCH rather him win - he has a real talent as it's tough to properly string anything, let alone a stage. It can be expanded upon (unlike Tim and Turf) and can have all sorts of bangs and whistles in addition to simple playing of the music.

I think Sharon also may have helped out some too - albeit subconsciously - mentioning Nothing But Strings being used in the All That dance performance - they were a top three act one season and lost to I think a singer (the opera one). Mentioning the name made me remember that travesty, and if others do too maybe they'll say "Hey we got some really good talent that should go to the finals over Tim and Turf, so we'll show it by voting for the better talent."

That said, if I were in the audience the week of Turf's probable coronation to the finals, I'd be one of the ones who'd boo Howie every time he compared acts to Turf. Why? - most of them are better than Turf. I'm sorry but they are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast