+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Wildcard Round (Aug 21 - 22) Discussion *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Wildcard Round (Aug 21 - 22) Discussion *SPOILERS*

What also sucks is how the public seem to be falling for it.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

I would love to see a comic win. I like Tom Cotter; he has been around for a long time and is very polished. I like the other comic too but not as much.

Turf cannot win and I bet we see the judges telling him he has to dance more, again. He is not a dancer. I don't think he is viewer favorite.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 08-24-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    JunkieGirl and JohnnyK like this.

I like Jacob more than Tom, but Tom has clearly been in the business longer.

Something else I have noticed is the lack of female contestants in the semifinals. I think Bria is the only solo female act left, along with the two M/F pairs and some of the groups that have female members.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

Jarret & Raja--am I the only one who confused here? Couldn't have piano guy just run out the back while the guy in front painted on the doors? Or am I overanalyzing this way too much?

I know it's late, it's over and they didn't get through, but I wanted to comment on this. It was kind of pathetic actually. They also had stage hands all over the stage (including BEHIND the piano box, for heaven's sake). So simple for piano guy to throw a stagehand hat on and leave. I looked for him, even, and think I saw him right near the end... he left on the audience right hand side. Then a stage hand came running back out. It was pretty lame.
    I'm so glad they are gone.
    Babbred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I know it's late, it's over and they didn't get through, but I wanted to comment on this. It was kind of pathetic actually. They also had stage hands all over the stage (including BEHIND the piano box, for heaven's sake). So simple for piano guy to throw a stagehand hat on and leave. I looked for him, even, and think I saw him right near the end... he left on the audience right hand side. Then a stage hand came running back out. It was pretty lame.
    I'm so glad they are gone.

Glad to know I wasn't crazy!
    spockwhat likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Hopefully Rebecca and Donovan, William Close and Joe Costillo for sure. Too good to not be in there unless they royally blow it (unlikely for both unless Rebecca again doesn't do any lifting of Donovan - this was a HUGE request from the judges, and Joe doesn't just spill the sand).

I'd like Todd and either Tom or the Scott Brothers to round out the top five here. If a singer MUST end up in top 10 - I'd go with Andrew since singing soprano as a guy is difficult to do properly.

Sadly, Turf will be one of those five though I feel he shouldn't be. They'll make sure he is in the picture - even if they have to resort to judge's choice as there'd be no way they wouldn't vote him in. He's more redundant in his steps than All That is in clogging (though yes they did up their game).

In all honesty here three of these spots should already be filled with good talent that is NOT singing - Earth Harp guy (William), aerialists (Donovan and Rebecca) and sand Art (Joe).
    I honestly don't think Donovan and Rebecca will move on. I am still sickened by how Tim Hockenberry, Turf, and Tom Cotter all beat them in the public vote in the quarterfinal. I mean, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Lindsay also provided strong competion for Turf. With her radiant smile, lovely personality, and genuine talent, Turf would not have looked good by comparison.
    I'd rather see someone with a nice smile, lovely personality, and genuine talent each week over someone who has a melancholic mood surrounding him whenever he's on screen.
    jadewarlock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I honestly don't think Donovan and Rebecca will move on. I am still sickened by how Tim Hockenberry, Turf, and Tom Cotter all beat them in the public vote in the quarterfinal. I mean, why?
    Here's where I stand:

1. If Rebecca shows HER strength and Donovan is essentially the flier (the person being lifted up) for most if not all of it, they'll have a strong chance because all three judges will just gush about it and say how they're strong. Howie yes will try to compare them to Turf probably but Turf with what he does probably will NOT be able to do what they do.

2. If they do status quo - no, because the judges react positively and negatively to what their "protoges" tend to do.

Believe you me though I'm putting as many votes as I can toward as many as I can that are NOT TURF, TIM or COTTER (who BTW has been on Jay Leno apparently).

Turf is there because of sob story - sorry, but he is. No one is going to pay money to see this even as an opening act.

Tim is a dime a dozen - sorry but he is.

Cotter as mentioned above plus I don't find him a gifted comedian. You look at say most of the comedians on TV now compared to him he's almost as unfunny as the YouTube act.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'd rather see someone with a nice smile, lovely personality, and genuine talent each week over someone who has a melancholic mood surrounding him whenever he's on screen.
    Like I said - on the positive she can possibly get her dream of being in Cirque and go on to be huge like Jackie Evancho has.

(And yes, I can see her be in for example "Varekai" as the caterpillar/butterfly with that flexibility and beauty in dance - the character in that show has a huge solo).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast