+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Wildcard Round (Aug 21 - 22) Discussion *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Wildcard Round (Aug 21 - 22) Discussion *SPOILERS*

For the record, that would make Week 2's semifinalists:

All That!
    All Wheel Sports
    Clint Carvalho and his Extreme Parrots
    David Garibaldi
    Jacob Williams
    Lightwire Theater
    Olate Dogs
    Sebastien "El Charro de Oro"
    Shanice & Maurice Hayes
    The Magic of Puck
    The Untouchables
    Tim Hockenberry

5 move on from each. I can't really narrow either of the groups down to five but I can take some of them out already.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    All That! are through. Ugh.
    I'm sad, but not too much so - she made it clear that she'd really love to be in Cirque and she's got such incredible flexibility and personality that she could do very well in their shows. There are also a couple that are permanent shows (such as one in Downtown Disney) so that could help her to as well so she can finish her education.

BUT - this also allows her to get a gig that will be much more successful because she won't have the (for the most part) "AGT" winner moniker on her.

Yep. Strangely I didn't even care much for Lindsey when she first auditioned. But now I liked her more and am sad she didn't go through. Turf is the last solo dancer, who beat Stepz, Elusive, and now Lindsey? What is wrong with this picture?

Andrew De Leon
    Todd Oliver
    Joe Castillo
    Bria Kelly
    The Scott Brothers
    William Close
    Academy of Villains
    Tom Cotter
    Donovan & Rebecca
    Eric Dittelman
    Edon
    Turf

appear to be next week's semifinalists.

Guesses? 5 are moving on this time.
    Hopefully Rebecca and Donovan, William Close and Joe Costillo for sure. Too good to not be in there unless they royally blow it (unlikely for both unless Rebecca again doesn't do any lifting of Donovan - this was a HUGE request from the judges, and Joe doesn't just spill the sand).

I'd like Todd and either Tom or the Scott Brothers to round out the top five here. If a singer MUST end up in top 10 - I'd go with Andrew since singing soprano as a guy is difficult to do properly.

Sadly, Turf will be one of those five though I feel he shouldn't be. They'll make sure he is in the picture - even if they have to resort to judge's choice as there'd be no way they wouldn't vote him in. He's more redundant in his steps than All That is in clogging (though yes they did up their game).

In all honesty here three of these spots should already be filled with good talent that is NOT singing - Earth Harp guy (William), aerialists (Donovan and Rebecca) and sand Art (Joe).
    JohnnyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Yep. Strangely I didn't even care much for Lindsey when she first auditioned. But now I liked her more and am sad she didn't go through. Turf is the last solo dancer, who beat Stepz, Elusive, and now Lindsey? What is wrong with this picture?
    Stepz was competition to their annointed one. Same with Elusive.

Lindsey is probably seen as having more money and not "needing it" as much as Turf.

Because honestly in my opinion, Turf pales in comparison to any of these three.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Second group for me is much easier on who should go (pending like with the first group their performances):

1. Olate Dogs
    2. Lightwire Theater
    3. David Garibaldi and the CMYK painters
    4. The Untouchables
    5. Either All That! or All Wheel Sports

Again - none are singers mind you, but we really DO NOT NEED another singer win this. If we MUST have a singer from the second semis, I say Sebastian because his is again unique. Tim is a dime a dozen in his singing.

I'd rather watch any of those three over Turf. Then again I'd also rather watch Lulu the overweight pole dancer earlier on in the show over Turf. If you google image him, one of the first results is a close-up of his crying face, followed by stills of his revolting moves. I really don't care who the Final 10 are at this point, as long as he isn't one of them.
    sunshine3331 and Babbred like this.

Howie gloated too much while acts that don't stand a chance to go any further went through.

FORT Newbie

I'm ok with last night's outcome. Would have liked Blaque over Sebastian but that's alright.

My predictions:
    Week 1: Joe Castillo, William Close, Eric Dittelman, Turf and either Tom Cotter or Scott Brothers
    Week 2: Olathe Dogs, Lightwire Theatre, Tim Hockenberry, David Garibaldi, Shanice and Maurice Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Stepz was competition to their annointed one. Same with Elusive.

Lindsey is probably seen as having more money and not "needing it" as much as Turf.

Because honestly in my opinion, Turf pales in comparison to any of these three.

Lindsay also provided strong competion for Turf. With her radiant smile, lovely personality, and genuine talent, Turf would not have looked good by comparison.

I miss her, but I'm happy for her. Far better for her to get picked by some organization like Cirque that will appreciate her, then to suffer the humiliation of watching America declare that Turf is the most "talented" contestant this season.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast