+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Wildcard Round (Aug 21 - 22) Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Wildcard Round (Aug 21 - 22) Discussion *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Close--I knew it was on last night but had to go out and wasn't in a hurry to watch it when I got back. Thank you, Jammy, for your detailed description. It looks like I didn't miss much. I'm basicallly marking time until Earth Harp Guy, Sand Painter, and Aurora Light Painters come back. Yes, I know I criticized ALP in the past, but you know what they say--absence makes the heart grow fonder. And seeing all these lousy and somewhat good acts just makes me pine for the really good ones.
    Sadly the aurora light painters are out. It is a different light group, who I think are also good but we've seen before based on last year (Though this group is different in their own way).

Seriously - If these acts lose to Turf, Tim or another singer (save possibly Andrew and here he'd better blow the top off the building with excellent singing) I wish them long term success and NO NOD to "AGT" helping them get a helping hand.

Now any of them losing to each other (i.e. Sand painter winning over Earth Harp guy and such), different story - they're competing against the cream of the crop.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Didn't Michael Grasso the magician made the final 4? I thought he was also a wildcard.
    He was but he didn't make the F4. He was eliminated in the Top 10 like Landon last year

Watching now.

Glad Spencer's back. I enjoyed him until he washed out. Howard was right that Spencer is not an act you FF through.

All That!--I wasn't overly impressed in the past, but I have to admit they upped their game and did much better. It was actually entertaining. I did agree with Howie that they're not a WOW act. I thought Howard had a great point when he said that one of the guys should have done a solo.

Jarret & Raja--am I the only one who confused here? Couldn't have piano guy just run out the back while the guy in front painted on the doors? Or am I overanalyzing this way too much?

Jake Wesley Rogers--why was he here? That was terrible. It was the singing equivalent of that comedy routine last week. I didn't even listen to all of it.

Christin Sandu--another mixed feeling act. He's obviously very talented, but I just didn't think this was a Vegas act. I guess he proved that with this show. Why did he stay up so long? Why didn't he cut it short faster?

Todd Oliver--loved Irving the Dog! I'll vote for him.

Bandbaz Brothers--good, but not for Vegas.

Sebastien--the only singing act I am remotely interested in. He's cute, he's sweet, and he's talented. Ahhhh.

Lindsey Norton--I loved her the first time I saw her, but now I'm not so sure. It just didn't seem that exciting tonight. More like a lot of bending and running around the stage.

Andrew de Leon--I love a good male opera solo, but this did nothing for me. It just sounded too weird hearing a man sing like a woman.

Ben Blaque--best act of the night! I never wanted him to leave, anyway, so welcome back, Ben. I hope this time you stay. Howard is right. We need you instead of another singing act.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

The only one I enjoyed was Irving the dog and I did FF through the escape artist!

The first three to be called to stage for the results were

Sebastien "El Charro de Oro", Bandbaz Brothers, and Ben Blaque.

It's gonna be Ben.

But surprise! It's Sebastien. Wow I didn't see that coming. Ben's out already.

Andrew and Todd Oliver also advanced, sending Jake Wesley Rogers, Horse, Cristin Sandu, and Spencer Horsman home.

Now it's between All That!, Lindsey, and Jarrett & Raja for the final semifinal spot. I'm hoping it's either Lindsey or Jarrett & Raja, but more preferably Lindsey.

J & A sent packing. Sorry, Howard, but they weren't all that. So it's down to Lindsay and All That.

And yeah, I was surprised about Ben, too. I like Sebastien, but I really wanted Ben to go through.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

All That! are through. Ugh.

I don't necessarily mind. I actually liked their dancing better last night, and I think since they're a group they have more potential.

Forgot to add: when it got to Sharon, of course, I knew how she was going to vote. Was anybody really surprised?

Andrew De Leon
    Todd Oliver
    Joe Castillo
    Bria Kelly
    The Scott Brothers
    William Close
    Academy of Villains
    Tom Cotter
    Donovan & Rebecca
    Eric Dittelman
    Edon
    Turf