+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 YouTube Quarterfinal Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: America's Got Talent 7 YouTube Quarterfinal Discussion *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    It is a bat.

Parrot made it over Drew Erwin with Howard and Sharon's votes. Howie's was not revealed. I'm as happy with the results as I can be.
    Would've prefered the seven dancers and the carillon guy over a couple of the acts, but since these guys really have no chance over the other acts who originally auditioned, I'm OK with it.

Oh, I did think it awfully interesting the comedian apparently looked like she thought she was going to advance.

Also, the Wildcard acts are revealed!
    (best Sharon impression) Oh dearie me, here I go with my assessments:

Sharon's bringing back All That!, Lindsey Norton, Bandbaz Brothers, and Jake Wesley Rogers
    Best set of choices to the wild card - SHARON, please reconsider leaving (though NBC probably will continue with bad decisions and just drop you regardless for your opinion).

Not too fond of a singer getting another chance - and JWR was weak - but I AM glad that the Bandbaz brothers do get a shot to show if the judges were right or wrong to just up and eliminate them in Vegas without a tryout. (and I SO HOPE that they admit they were wrong).

And I personally like both dance acts here, but I do think Lindsey has a little stronger shot.

Howard's bringing back Ben Blaque, Todd Oliver, Spencer Horsman, and Horse (ugh!).
    Wait a minute - didn't Howard HATE Horse? If so, what did Howie do in order to get Howard to select him to get this spot? - Regardless if I'm right or wrong here, THIS IS A WASTED SPOT that should've gone to lion dance me, the 787 dancers and a few other MORE WORTHY acts.

I'm OK with Ben Blaque coming back, I think Spencer has learned his lesson and could impress us (without getting killed), and Todd Oliver I think should get another chance -the dog ventriloquism act was funny.

Howie's bringing back Jarrett & Raja, Sebastien "El Charro de Oro", Cristin Sandu (another ugh), and Andrew de Leon.
    Sandu - ANOTHER WASTE OF A SPOT! Not a million dollar act - put in an act that would be a Las Vegas act.

Sebastien - I'm glad he's getting another chance, but I hate to say it: He's like Landau last season. Reason? - He tends to do better in a specific area and has trouble with other areas (meaning - he sings faster songs much better than slow ones).

Andrew de Leon - Glad he's getting another shot, and admit that long term he's got the strongest chance of the four that Howie is bringing back. He too however, could have problems with range and that cost him a chance in the finals.

Jarrett and Raja - WASTE OF A SPOT in my honest opinion and more so since their tricks were not strong at all.

Not great picks but I'm surprised that 787 Crew, Danielle Stallings, and Wordspit are not coming back. Where's Dave Burleigh?
    With as bad as the youtube acts were and most of these choices, they probably are better off NOT being in the wild card show. Most of them got bashed by the judges in spite of the fact they were really good, and they don't need or deserve a second helping of that nonsense.

Still - THREE wasted spots should have everyone go "Is this a true 'America's Got Talent' in the literal term, or should we rename it "The All New America's Gong Show."

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I think it's safe to say right now that Andrew will 110% advance next week. Spencer's got a very great shot, too, assuming he goes back to his epic ways, which I'm sure he will.
    I'd like to see Lindsey move on as well.

On the flip side, Horse has no shot whatsoever. Cristin probably doesn't either.

This year I'd say Howard had the worst picks and Sharon the best.

But I'm not unhappy with Jarrett & Raja coming back. They didn't deserve the horrid audience reception they got in their first quarterfinal.

I am surprised to see Bandbaz Brothers come back, since they didn't even get a chance to perform in Vegas.

Sebastien "El Charro de Oro" is back for the wildcard show!!! I still cant believe he didnt get voted? I think it was because America just doesnt have an appreciation for the type of music he sings, but I thought he was awesome and deserves to be in the semifinals !!! All That, Lindsey Norton and the Opera Singer all have my vote as long as they do well in the Wildcard show. Im even excited to see Todd Oliver come back! This like the best season of AGT ever i dont know who i want to win i just dont know!!!!

It is a bat.

Parrot made it over Drew Erwin with Howard and Sharon's votes. Howie's was not revealed. I'm as happy with the results as I can be.
    I'm not. I wanted the Bronze guy to come back.

Also, the Wildcard acts are revealed!

Sharon's bringing back All That!, Lindsey Norton, Bandbaz Brothers, and Jake Wesley Rogers

Lindsey was the solo female dancer eliminated in the show just before the Olympics, right? If so, then I'm glad she's back.

Howard's bringing back Ben Blaque, Todd Oliver, Spencer Horsman, and Horse (ugh!).

Ben was the archer and Spencer was the escape artist, correct? Again, glad to see them again. I thought Spencer screwed up in his last episode, but I think he's learned his lesson now. Ben is just sexy. (And it helps that he's very talented. )

Howie's bringing back Jarrett & Raja, Sebastien "El Charro de Oro", Cristin Sandu (another ugh), and Andrew de Leon.

Not great picks but I'm surprised that 787 Crew, Danielle Stallings, and Wordspit are not coming back. Where's Dave Burleigh?

Was Sebastien the kid mariachi singer? He was cute, and one of the only singing acts I don't mind being on the show. I can't remember who the other acts are, including the ones you wish were there, Johnny.

Dishonorable Mention: I remember all too well who Horse is. I swear I will FF through every appearance of his until he's eliminated again because I refuse to waste my time on that dreck. I would rather watch Turf than him. At least Turf has a modicum of talent and genuinely needs the exposure.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

But I'm not unhappy with Jarrett & Raja coming back. They didn't deserve the horrid audience reception they got in their first quarterfinal.

I am surprised to see Bandbaz Brothers come back, since they didn't even get a chance to perform in Vegas.
    You do have a point with J & R; however, I still don't think they're going to advance and based on talent I felt it was a waste of spot. I hope that clears things on my end.

I don't think the Bandbaz brothers have the same skills as our aerialists and strength duo, but it at least lets us see their Vegas act.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Yes to all, Babbred.

Jarrett & Raja are the magician pair that was heavily booed the first quarterfinal. Sebastien's the kid mariachi singer. Cristin's the balancer/danger act. Andrew's the goth opera singer who originally got eliminated in Vegas. Bandbaz Brothers are the male balancing duo who also got eliminated in Vegas without even getting a chance to perform again. All That are the clogging male group. Lindsey is the solo female dancer. Jake's the guy who sang "Toxic" in his first qf. Ben's the crossbow shooter. Todd's the dog ventriloquist, Spencer's the escape artist, and Horse is the animal that has four legs and goes "Neigh".
    jadewarlock likes this.

Horse is the animal that has four legs and goes "Neigh".
    Yes - makes more sense, though I think a horse is also a bit smarter to not do what he does.
    JohnnyK likes this.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Andrew can sing, but I can't look at him much. Between his eyes, and the pomp hair do on the other male singer (who lost), I was freaked out. Don't remember the first act, but would have been happy if those three had been paired off with some of the better ones who lost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123