+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 YouTube Quarterfinal Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: America's Got Talent 7 YouTube Quarterfinal Discussion *SPOILERS*

I cannot pick four to go on... I thought the bird named kitty was ok (I think I liked his name better than the act)... and I liked the skelton group.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The only act I would like to see go through is the magician. I have not seen that done before and I was entertained. I want more.

The rest of them were terrible. I have no clue why the judges thought the dance team was good. I guess they never watch So You Think You can Dance. Their choregraphy was terrible! The majority of time was spent with them in a clump moving their red arms. Then a few flips and tosses. There was no substance or story and precious little hip hop dancing.
    They thought they were good only because most of the acts sucked or - in the case of the carillon (bell) player was "too weird" (never mind Sharon is married to a fellow who bit the head off a dove and you have a shock jock who asks just about all girls on his talk show to drop their tops.)

On the dance group - it is hard to do character faces in sync with the music (that's what the jazz hands were). If/well when this team advances, they will have to up their game or it'll be over in the semis.

Suffice to say when my parents said they were glad I reconsidered trying out online that said enough.

I think the four will be both dance groups, the hanky magician and I hope the carillon player only because he is different. He will however need to change the executioner outfit.

I think the four groups to move on will be Kitty the Bird, the boogie rag magician, the young girl singer, and the Academy of Villains.

I would be very pleased if the Cast in Bronze guy moved on instead of the singer (but fella, lose the creepy mask). There were other acts that deserved 3 Xs far more than he did.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    The judges were just brutal tonight, but maybe it's because they are happy with the other acts they have already? Maybe they think the winner is already in the mix?

That's what I was thinking. Rather than a conspiracy to boost Turf, I think the judges had the following rationale:

We have to do this ridiculous YouTube show because the producers tells us that John Q. Public needs to "feel part of the process." And yet, if one of the acts tonight becomes a big hit, then it will be totally unfair to the phenomenally talented acts we have seen over the last few weeks and who have sweated through several episodes of competition by now. Therefore, we will deliberately pick the lamest acts we can find, with a couple of passable ones thrown in, just to say we did what we're supposed to do and give those talented acts a fighting chance.

I base this on the following observations. A) The judges chose all of these acts (except for Drew), and yet tore most of them to shreds in the live show. They can't all have been that great in their YouTube clips to justify the big turnaround. B) The judges pretty much made it clear that they didn't want to be there. Sharon even alluded to the unfairness aspect, when she told that one act that it was understandable they didn't do well since they hadn't been there for several weeks like the established acts. I just can't believe it was a coincidence that Sharon would say that. I think she was subtly telling the audience, "You wanted to participate, you got what you wanted, now can we move on to the acts that deserve to be here/win a big prize?"

As for me, if I had to make a choice it would be the two dance groups (both unique in their own way), and the Bell guy. I don't know what the judges were on about. He was unique, he had talent, and it obviously takes skill to do what he does. I thought it was lovely, so I want him to go through the most.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

That was the worst night ever. Any of these acts would not have moved on if they were cast in the previous shows. Whatever happened to the Wildcard round? Some of the ones who didn't make it were also better than these Youtube acts.

The top 3 will be:
    Academy of Villains
    Clint Carvalho & His Extreme Parrots
    Bria Kelly the femaile teenage singer

Judges save:
    Maybe the two magicians will be fighting it out for the judges save. I didn't like The Magic of Puck as his magic was ordinary and has been done many times before. That was utterly lame and he should go back to doing cruise ships. Rudy Coby is creepy and his act was boring at first but the ending was very interesting. It was something I have not seen before. I'm not even sure how he did it. He was trying to build up into the climax but it was too slow that it bored the judges. He needed to have a better pace to capture more interest in building towards ending.

Ruby Cody Montreal - Just for laughs - Lippes Lachmix - YouTube
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 08-15-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Puck, Bria, and Villains are the Top 3.

Now it's between Drew Erwin, the parrot, and the air guitarist for the judges' vote. How did the air guitarist make it this far? God I don't think either of them should advance. Bring back Cast in Bronze!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Don't know what was worse, listening to the ranting of a teenager and his cr@ppy job, or watching the results. LOL

Everyone I thought who would go through did and now we still have to suffer through the wild card?

The winner is already in the acts that were chosen in the last 4 shows.

*mind control* It will be William Chase. *mind control*

Babbred, your post was so spot on! Loved it.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

So who made it? Feel sorry for Bronze guy.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    They thought they were good only because most of the acts sucked or - in the case of the carillon (bell) player was "too weird" (never mind Sharon is married to a fellow who bit the head off a dove ...
    I thought it was a bat. Didn't a fan toss it up and he thought it was a rubber toy. Had to get rabies shots.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

It is a bat.

Parrot made it over Drew Erwin with Howard and Sharon's votes. Howie's was not revealed. I'm as happy with the results as I can be.

Also, the Wildcard acts are revealed!

Sharon's bringing back All That!, Lindsey Norton, Bandbaz Brothers, and Jake Wesley Rogers

Howard's bringing back Ben Blaque, Todd Oliver, Spencer Horsman, and Horse (ugh!).

Howie's bringing back Jarrett & Raja, Sebastien "El Charro de Oro", Cristin Sandu (another ugh), and Andrew de Leon.

Not great picks but I'm surprised that 787 Crew, Danielle Stallings, and Wordspit are not coming back. Where's Dave Burleigh?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast