+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 July 10 Quarterfinal *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

America's Got Talent 7 July 10 Quarterfinal *SPOILERS*

Discussion for this week's round.

I'm a bit pissed off. First with Howie. He buzzes LCD, who I like, and gives Turf, who I've had enough of, a standing ovation. And even gives a shoutout to Turf while criticizing LCD. Maybe their sob story is not big enough for Howie's liking.

Sorry to see the Aurora Light Painters get an X and bad reviews. In all honesty I don't think they're going through at all but I did like it better when we couldn't see the painters in the back.

Is Tim last? Of course. They could at least give him a slightly less obvious shot by putting him earlier.

Re: America's Got Talent 7 July 10 Quarterfinal *SPOILERS*

I found all the fighting between Howie and Howard a bit distracting. Thought the comedian did well. Tremendous strength in the ropes act, quite impressive. Time for Mr Barry to leave, nothing more to say there. Not intrigued by any of the singers, either. Somehow I missed Aurora, when did they go? I also missed the first magic act where the girl was "impaled." How was it? The second magic act I did see, and I thought that was a flop.

I like Tom but Jacob more. I hope Donovan & Rebecca advance. Big Barry is leaving and he's not coming back to the Wildcard unless Howie goes completely insane.

Aurora went 6th. The magic act was nothing special imo and I don't think they're going through. Crossbow's getting a bit repetitive and I don't think he's going through either.

Danielle, the girl singer, was good but I think it's a bit unlikely that she'll be going through.

I have my guesses on who are going through, which absolutely do not equal who I want to go through.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I found all the fighting between Howie and Howard a bit distracting. Thought the comedian did well. Tremendous strength in the ropes act, quite impressive. Time for Mr Barry to leave, nothing more to say there. Not intrigued by any of the singers, either. Somehow I missed Aurora, when did they go? I also missed the first magic act where the girl was "impaled." How was it? The second magic act I did see, and I thought that was a flop.
    Yes! Very unnecessary and annoying. While I have been impressed by Howard in the past, I absolutely do not like the way he talks to some acts and basically tells them they're not going through. It's like he's the judge and jury and all the decisions are going to go by what he dictates. That kind of attitude makes me root against someone, not for them.

I loved the comedian the best! Finally we get a comedian who is funny throughout and not just funny once in awhile. Wish I could vote, he'd get them all.

I did like the Lion Dancers and Dominic & Rebekah(?). I like Turf as a person, don't particularly like what he does. If he goes on, it wouldn't bother me. His background song was cool. Hockenberry sings Katy Perry? Really? Why he ever thought that was a good choice? LOL
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Discussion for this week's round.

I'm a bit pissed off. First with Howie. He buzzes LCD, who I like, and gives Turf, who I've had enough of, a standing ovation. And even gives a shoutout to Turf while criticizing LCD. Maybe their sob story is not big enough for Howie's liking.

Sorry to see the Aurora Light Painters get an X and bad reviews. In all honesty I don't think they're going through at all but I did like it better when we couldn't see the painters in the back.

Is Tim last? Of course. They could at least give him a slightly less obvious shot by putting him earlier.
    It wasn't just the LCD painters (who were NOT nearly as bad and not the "I Don't get it" that Howie said. I mean - it was a little girl afraid of monsters... only to find out the monster is sweet and had a heart of gold he was going to share with others.

Watch "Monsters Inc." sometime Howie.

No... He also mentioned Turf with the young dancers and said that he was going to advance over them and probably one more person.
    Shoepie likes this.

OK... you may not like me saying this, but I'm going to rant.

I've had it with the judging this year in the live show - and it's only the second week.

1. Howard has go to stop declaring which acts should or shouldn't go or what will and will not go through. He is not a god - and he shouldn't be Ceasar either. Also - DO NOT boost other acts and say they're going to advance while critiquing another act. That is rude and unprofessional as a judge.

Worse - you're really making me feel like you're helping some acts get through who may not normally through voting. (Or i.e. it makes it feel like this show is rigged, and I don't mean by giving some acts certain performance spots).

2. Howie - you have GOT to do some research before you say moronic things. The "I Don't get it" on the Aurora Light Painters when even a little kid can follow it. It's also a heck of a lot mroe original and better performed than dear Big Barry.

And seriously - I STILL am mad that you dare think a multiple item juggler bouncing items in time to "Jailhouse Rock" on a keyboard is the same as mouth blowing a single pingpong ball onto a xylophone. Charles Peachock I maintain still was screwed over. Hope you have it straight for the token juggler's performance in the next week or two (BTW, you are the reason I don't enter the show - I'm too afraid I'd be DQ'd teaching you the difference between the two).

3. Sharon - you are the most honest and sweetest of the three. That said - unless it's the producers who are telling you to say this, can you please not mention if you voted an act to go through to Vegas or not. It's not that I don't like you for being honest - but it's the only thing I can honestly quibble about.

I voted for the lion dancers, the Aurora Light Painters and Rebecca and Donovan. I will not vote for any of the others this week because I just didn't feel the rest of them strongly enough (be it I didn't like it, am upset that the judges are playing blatant favoritism with them and I can't reward that, or I don't want them to have to deal with the idiot judges that are the Howards).

And honestly the two who do deserve it because they're working on talent more than tongue bathings of praise are the lions and Rebecca and Donovan.

And if the judges continue to do the praises on some performers and tell other acts that the faves will advance, I'll quit watching.
    JohnnyK likes this.

At this point it's pretty clear LCD (the dance group) won't be advancing, but I think they're more unique each time over Turf.
    sunshine3331 and jadewarlock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    At this point it's pretty clear LCD (the dance group) won't be advancing, but I think they're more unique each time over Turf.
    They are and if they dont' get through first go, they better get another chance in wildcard.

Or they'll just be another act that gets a big show and does well over the eventual winner.

I'm sorry, but while Turf seems like a nice guy - his performance is NOT a million dollar act.

Nor is Tim Hockenberry - I found him pitchy and too professional at the same time.
    J.D. likes this.

Well I voted for my friends. The infighting with the judges brought down the whole episode. Not sure who is going through as I think the fighting and mediocre performances by multiple acts it shook thinks up.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Tonight was the first time we have watched this show. We were shocked at how bad most of these acts are!! It was like the old Gong Show - is that what it is supposed to be? That little guy singing badly with the pretty girls walking around? WTH? Do they purposely put bad acts through for a laugh? They don't seem to have high standards on who gets on. Also, I noticed they spoke about catagories. What catagories are there, and do they have to advance a certain amount of people within those catagories, or does that all go out the window when the voting starts?

I did think that comedian was pretty good. Definitely in the business a long time because I have seen him before, I think it was on Last Comic Standing. He was the most professional performer there tonight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast