+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 July 10 Quarterfinal *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America's Got Talent 7 July 10 Quarterfinal *SPOILERS*

Traces was never on AGT. They were just another guest performance last season.

Jacob, the other comedian, is on next week. Even though I like him more, he'll have a harder time advancing because he doesn't have a sob story people can pity.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    . . . he'll have a harder time advancing because he doesn't have a sob story people can pity.
    Ah, JohnnyK.

So young.

So cynical.

So right.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Great critiques, everybody! Here's my take, and remember I'm in somewhat unique position, since I missed Vegas week due to being on vacation. All I have to go by is an act's audition and this week's performance.

Overall, I wasn't surprised that one of these four made it. And I wasn't particularly surprised that Sharon didn't know who Flo Jo was, since Sharon is British. My husband is British and he can't identify any American athlete except Tony Romo, QB of my beloved Cowboys. Same goes the other way. While we were in England, I saw numerous "Support Team GB" ads for the Olympics, but I couldn't tell you the name of any of their athletes.
    Hi Babbred. Normally I would agree with your theory about why Sharon didn't know who Flo Jo was, but they did a whole piece about her in Mary's first audition. They even brought Al Joyner, Flo Jo's husband and Mary's father, out onstage at the end of the audition. It made me wonder if Sharon was sleeping through all that or just not paying attention. I was just surprised by it. To be fair, I can't remember if they specifically called her "Flo Jo" in the piece, but it would be surprising if they didn't.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Hi Babbred. Normally I would agree with your theory about why Sharon didn't know who Flo Jo was, but they did a whole piece about her in Mary's first audition. They even brought Al Joyner, Flo Jo's husband and Mary's father, out onstage at the end of the audition. It made me wonder if Sharon was sleeping through all that or just not paying attention. I was just surprised by it. To be fair, I can't remember if they specifically called her "Flo Jo" in the piece, but it would be surprising if they didn't.
    Sharon didn't see the piece they did with Mary about her parents. All she saw was the initial audition - and Mary called her mom "Florence Griffith-Joyner" (Her full name).

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Sharon didn't see the piece they did with Mary about her parents. All she saw was the initial audition - and Mary called her mom "Florence Griffith-Joyner" (Her full name).
    Then that would explain it. Thanks.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234