+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 July 10 Quarterfinal *SPOILERS*

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: America's Got Talent 7 July 10 Quarterfinal *SPOILERS*

Dear Howard:

There are THREE judges, not ONE judge, jury, and executioner. Each judge is ENTITLED to an opinion, which may or may not agree with yours. That doesn't mean they are WRONG. They just disagree with you.

And you are every bit as annoying and egocentric as I feared you would be when they hired you for the show. I tried to watch, but I'll be DVRing from now on so I can fast forward through you and your overbearing attitude.

Me
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Tonight was the first time we have watched this show. We were shocked at how bad most of these acts are!! It was like the old Gong Show - is that what it is supposed to be? That little guy singing badly with the pretty girls walking around? WTH? Do they purposely put bad acts through for a laugh? They don't seem to have high standards on who gets on. Also, I noticed they spoke about catagories. What catagories are there, and do they have to advance a certain amount of people within those catagories, or does that all go out the window when the voting starts?

I did think that comedian was pretty good. Definitely in the business a long time because I have seen him before, I think it was on Last Comic Standing. He was the most professional performer there tonight.
    It was my second time. I doubt I will tune in again- the fighting between H&H was too much.

I adored the gong show btw
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Ranted yesterday but I'm going to give an honest assessment of the show:

It's starting to become as mentioned above nearly a "Gong Show."

The acts that are truly deserving of advancing are usually pushed back in favor of stunt acts such as the bad magicians last week, Big Barry and Horse (whenever he comes on).

I would have to put Turf here in the mix on a few things - he can't do more than what he's been doing. The only interesting thing of his new performance was that multiple Turf effect - which is not even his doing. But he's supposedly so wonderful that he will advance (and I can guarantee if WE don't vote him in, he'll get a wild card - and if the judges have to choose him over just about anyone - he'll advance because of his backstory.

This is starting to become "America's got a few talents and mostly idiots" if not "America's Got Singers/Turf" instead.

And I think Sharon honestly is even starting to notice it because her comments tend to favor everyone and she gets irritated with the infighting.

Stern is slowing turning into his radio persona sans the foul language, and that's disappointing.

Howie is favoring the freak show acts instead of true talent.

Sharon is the only one who is trying to be honest here.

If they're not careful, more and more people like me will not enter this because they do not want to look like fools or be essentially told they're fools for even going and trying out when they're hearing that "so and so will advance over you" in their critiques.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I found all the fighting between Howie and Howard a bit distracting. Thought the comedian did well. Tremendous strength in the ropes act, quite impressive. Time for Mr Barry to leave, nothing more to say there. Not intrigued by any of the singers, either. Somehow I missed Aurora, when did they go? I also missed the first magic act where the girl was "impaled." How was it? The second magic act I did see, and I thought that was a flop.
    The H & H fighting really is distracting and completely annoying, but I have to agree with Howard that putting through bad, no-talent acts like Big Barry was ridiculous when you consider that it denied some other talented people from having a place in the semi-final. Howard mentioned Andrew DeLeon and "Flo-Jo's" daughter. That was quite a moment when Sharon questioned whether Howard even knew that contestant's name, and he immediately said "Mary." It was shocking to me when Sharon sat there completely puzzled asking "Who is Flo-Jo?" I love Sharon, but that was pretty lame.

I did not enjoy the magic act where the woman was "impaled." It was really amateur and easy to tell how the illusion was done.
    Last edited by mushybrain; 07-11-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    Baby's Breath and Babbred like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Fanatic

I live in Vegas and honestly I think this show is rigged. I think the judges are coerced by the producers to allow certain acts through. Also, because they never tell the actual numbers, who really knows if the ones who advance are actually the ones with the most votes? Vegas is a mecca for performers and some do well, some don't. That's why I don't think an act with mostly children will ever win. Vegas doesn't want to deal with labor laws and schooling for an act with children. Yes, they may be talented, but they aren't going to win. Same with large group acts...it's just too expensive to pay everyone. They'd much rather have a single person win the show...be it a singer, comedian, etc. The show is fake and while I read the comments I will never watch the show and I will never vote because, really it doesn't make a difference.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

My top three guesses were spot on. Three men with stories. Could these results have been any lamer?
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Well I'm glad Donovan and Rebecca made it through but they should have been in the Top 3 over Tim and Turf. But of course not. Not in a billion years.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

This show is getting really predictable. I knew when it was Turf vs. Hockenberry that they'd both go through. Same with the 2nd result of no one going through.

THRILLED that Tim the comedian made it! And of course Rebekah and Donovan. Those 4 were the obvious choices to me.

Remember how Ryan Seacrest was able to drag out results? Nick Cannon is now the king of long drawn out pauses. So annoying.
    Babbred and JohnnyK like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

This is why and how I start hating people on this show. People that shouldn't advance do so because of their stories over those that are better.

I liked Tom the comedian. I hate Turf now. Tim's going to win. Donovan and Rebecca should made been in the top 3.

Honestly, I'm OK with the comedian and and ECSTATIC one of the truly best acts made it - Rebecca and Donovan. That vote saved it for me.

Am DISGUSTED Turf and Tim are through - two stories and honestly, NEITHER I feel are truly Vegas shows. Out of the four - the comedian and aerialists are definitely the ones who will have longer term success.

Then Sharon wants the 14 year old girl singer to advance, though she was pitchy over the aerialists very difficult routine. (BTW, I felt for the young girl, but they honestly shouldn't have done a 2-1 vote here because we know that young ones don't advance here).

The Lion Dancers BETTER get a wild card slot because I'd love to see them do the dragon dance. Speaking as a mascot BTW - I want to say that their act is very difficult with just the lions and they can make it even more interesting and fun if they added say a "lion tamer" (man in a single costume - and yes there is a Chinese dance that features this style) and such. It's variable - as would be adding dragons (BTW - dragons have to have a minimum I think of six legs - so there's not THAT much variety - even the heads are fairly similar).

Lion dancers should've advanced over Tim or Turf - preferably Tim only because at least Turf's is different and a non-singer.

I'd like to see the light painters get a wild card shot, but I'm not exactly sure they'd want one after the rather rude critique they got yesterday. They'll be IMHO one of those success stories post show while a singer winner fades into the ether - again.

Seriously - I'm beyond disgusted with Tim and Turf advancing. If they get the same treatment in the semis and advance in spite of the performance or again a repeat performance of what they've done the past two or three times? - it's rigged IMHO.

Just frustrated.

(BTW - the Tim when I'm paring Tim and Turf I'm refering to is Hockenberry - I'm ok with the comedian one again. )
    JohnnyK likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast