+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 July 2 Quarterfinal *SPOILERS*

Re: America's Got Talent 7 July 2 Quarterfinal *SPOILERS*

BTW - back on topic - who were the four chosen from this group to advance? We had soccer shown here so I didn't get to find out who they were.

The Scott Brothers
    The father and daughter singing duo
    Edon
    and the painting/dancing group
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I think Kevin Skinner is definitely the worst, like I always say. Michael Grimm is king of the world compared to him.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    The Scott Brothers
    The father and daughter singing duo
    Edon
    and the painting/dancing group
    Thanks JLuvs...

But, well, here we go again. While I do think Edon is stronger of the two, I am just hoping we do not have a good portion of the semi-finalists singers.

I'm glad the painter/dancing group and the Scott Brothers advanced - both have the potential of doing well in a show, even if the Scott Brothers will have a little more of a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I wanted Prince Poppycock to win and Michael Grimm was my second fav. I never warmed up to Jackie.
    Neither did I, which is why I didn't buy her stuff that night. To me it was just too freaky hearing a child sing like an adult, and seeing her worshiped like that reminded me of all those child stars whose lives get screwed up after becoming too famous, too early.

On a more cynical level, though, I just find it gobsmacking (as the Brits say) that a cute little girl with freaky talent would lose a show like AGT. Man, Grimm's backstory must have been good for him to beat her.
    Last edited by Babbred; 07-05-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I hate sob stories. I'm not a fan of them on any show. Especially when the public decides what happens because it's clear how strongly they react to sob stories.

FORT Fanatic

Because the winner gets a headlining show in Vegas, IMO the show is rigged because they can't have a child headline a Vegas act. Therefore, I think they let the kid acts get so far and then poof they're gone.

I was not happy with Howard Stern declaring the top four to move on before the vote even took place. I think there is a very good chance that his urge to be a prophet may have actually influenced the vote. I don't dislike the results - all of the successful people were within the best six of he night - but it does not seem quite fair. I hope the BMX guys get a wild card spot. I think the arena lighting did them no favors.
    Check out my recaps of Dr. Who and other TV shows at http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    Because the winner gets a headlining show in Vegas, IMO the show is rigged because they can't have a child headline a Vegas act. Therefore, I think they let the kid acts get so far and then poof they're gone.
    That's a very good observation. I never even thought of that.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I have wondered this season of there had been some sort of behind the scenes stuff regarding this, like the parents of some of the kids complained or something. Not of foul play but of the whole Vegas show thing.

I've noticed this season Nick seems to have gone out of his way to say things like "The winner will have a CHANCE to headline a show in Vegas" or "The winner gets the opportunity to headline a show in Vegas." In other words, weasel words. I may be mistaken or misremembering but I thought years ago it was more solid, like "The winner gets to be a headline act in Vegas". I think they're being more careful so that they can point to it and say "Look, we didn't guarantee the winner a show, just the chance at one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast