+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 July 2 Quarterfinal *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America's Got Talent 7 July 2 Quarterfinal *SPOILERS*

Well I'm actually a bit worried that the public will purposely vote against Howard's Top 4 (three of which I actually agree with) because they hate him that much, which would eliminate acts I'd really want to see advance. But I hope not.

I sure wouldn't want Shanice & Maurice Hays to make it. They had some bad notes. I really didn't care much for that performance and the judges gushed over them. I'd rather that America vote in Edon but it seems that it would be otherwise that's why I had Shanice & Maurice Hays moving on although they were not that good. Maybe the bike act or the lady singer should move on.

Wow I'm really liking these results so far! For now I thank the public. Although I would have put Edon in the Top 3 over Maurice and Shanice, but fine!

I'm changing my predictions

1. Edon
    2. David Garibaldi & His CMYKs
    3. Lil Star
    4. Scott Brothers

Judges Favorite:
    Shanice & Maurice Hays

It's sickening what some people post online after the results don't go their way. Already I'm seeing bigoted comments against Edon for beating Todd Oliver in the judges' vote. I'm glad nobody here is like that, and even if I hate any decisions I express it maybe a bit heavily at times but I don't go that far.
    Baby's Breath and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I guess you and me are the only ones not watching the Batchelorette. It seems Nick Cannon has been taking notes from Brooke Burke over at DWTS - "How does it feel......"
    Just got back from vacation late last night. Now I'm reading these threads while the episodes of TBette that I recorded are playing in the background. Although I like this season of AGT, I still gotta get me my eye candy, so yeah, I'll be posting a little late until TB ends.

Glad Tim Poe was sent packing quickly and mercifully. I wish, though, that the show had issued a statement about it, since now folks will always wonder.

SO glad Earth Harp guy went through. He was my favorite act. I agree that it was pretty lame that the judges would just eliminate 3 acts without giving them a second chance. What was the point of choosing them in the audition?

Jadewarlock:

This is one reason why the fellow who won Prince Poppycock's and Jackie Evancho's season won - they said these two were better than the singer who won and that he wouldn't win.
    Is JE the little girl who sings opera? If so, then you're telling me that she started off on this show? Seriously? OMG, I am . The first time I saw her was a couple of years when she was doing a concert on PBS, and of course they were selling her CD's and DVD's. I literally had no clue that she had begun her career on this show. And she lost? Again, I'm dying here. I guess maybe we could say little Jackie is the "Daughtry" of classical music.

Ok, I've got to know. Who won her season? Since I've never heard of this person, I'm guessing they didn't last long post-show.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Michael Grimm, another male singer with a backstory, like usual.

Although imo he was kind of good. But of course Jackie was better.

I wanted Prince Poppycock to win and Michael Grimm was my second fav. I never warmed up to Jackie.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I thought opera singer Evancho was going to win her season but was surprised she was just a runner up. However, she's having a better career than soulful singer Michael Grimm. Whatever happened to that male country singer who won his season over the female opera singer (looks like we have a trend going on here). I never heard from him again. I think that was the worst winner ever in AGT. He wasn't even that good, he just had a very good back story but for pure talent alone, he shouldn't have been the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

Is JE the little girl who sings opera? If so, then you're telling me that she started off on this show? Seriously? OMG, I am . The first time I saw her was a couple of years when she was doing a concert on PBS, and of course they were selling her CD's and DVD's. I literally had no clue that she had begun her career on this show. And she lost? Again, I'm dying here. I guess maybe we could say little Jackie is the "Daughtry" of classical music.

Ok, I've got to know. Who won her season? Since I've never heard of this person, I'm guessing they didn't last long post-show.
    Yep on all counts. In fact, she went PLATINUM in less time than Michael Grimm went GOLD (Just in casew you didn't know, platinum is much better. ) - so yeah, she is our version of Susan Boyle (Britain's got talent - she also was runner-up and look at her success ).

Of note - she also was a YouTube entry and I think the ONLY YouTube entry to be really good and make several rounds to the finals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast