+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: America's Got Talent 7 Vegas Week Discussion *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

America's Got Talent 7 Vegas Week Discussion *SPOILERS*

Might as well make a thread for this week, then.

Not many results tonight. It all continues tomorrow.

Despite Andrew De Leon and Mary Joyner screwing up, I think they'll be put through anyway.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: America's Got Talent 7 Vegas Week Discussion *SPOILERS*

Brought over from the other thread dated 6/04

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK
    At the beginning, three acts were automatically sent through to the live shows and three were automatically eliminated.

Those automatically eliminated were the Iranian balancing duo, the Asian girl band, and one of the black male singers seen at the auditions.

Those automatically sent through were the Earth Harp guy, the father and son dog act, and the human cannonball.
    Awesome! Thanks Johnny, what would I do without you?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Me a few weeks ago
    Next round he should pull a car or something with it. You know, tie one end of a rope or something to the car and the other to it and pull.
    LOL at Horse actually doing something like this!

I think Andrew and the girl that sang last will go through. I would love it if there were less singers than normal.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I was glad they had the dog show and the harp guy make it automatically to Vegas, and even more importantly they only put through three acts without an audition at Vegas. I was irritated with last year them putting in about a quarter of the acts right to the next round - especially since most of them were NOT that strong.

And yes, I love singers, I really do, but I'm glad that to a point the singers are not doing well this year. I wouldn't mind the last two of the opera singers winning, but they have hurt their chances some with those performances. Didn't buy the first opera singer's excuse.

Was irritated with the judges trying to say that they may not put through a couple of acts due to "mistakes" - read falls. I'm sorry, but speaking as a juggler who has literally FALLEN on stage while juggling (slick stage), these can and do happen. They didn't forget a routine, they didn't make a mistake in the routine - THEY FELL YOU DOLTS!

I thought both groups who had a fall - the Puerto Rican Dancers and the BMX'ers - were strong over all in spite of those, the falls at least happened during TOUGH trick. But they were falls/accidents, not mistakes.

Howard, Sharon, Howie - a primer for the difference: Accidents are mistakes that happen but the person was trying something hard. They usually continue on as if it didn't happen.

A mistake is forgetting your lines singing, a mistake is example if the sand guy dropped a whole hand of sand on top of the face when he was doing his act or the light guys lighting the pixie's face in the wrong place. If you guys put through Joyner or the first opera singer but NONE of the two groups who had an accident - you will have failed the course.

Speaking of the light show groups - I personally liked both of them but I have a feeling it may be a both or neither situation.

The danger routines outside of the bikers - I loved the military group, but sadly they probably won't make it to the live shows because there honestly isn't much more they can do with the act. That one yesterday with the woman in the center standing while they were twirling bayonet tipped rifles - that looks easy, but my dad can vouch that it is not that difficult to have one mistake and be hurt in the process of the throwing. I was impressed.

The cloggers were good, and were on step. Several of the others were less impressive.

The women singers - really only the last one should advance.

The rest of the week will be interesting for sure - we may have more standbys advance than those who were for sure.

(BTW, I despised the auto eliminating three people without an audition - if you guys are going to have an X amount of people you can audition in Vegas, you choose that many and then that's it. Even if I feel none would've advanced anyway - that was very disrespectful of the three who did not advance to make them travel and not give them a shot).

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Was irritated with the judges trying to say that they may not put through a couple of acts due to "mistakes" - read falls. I'm sorry, but speaking as a juggler who has literally FALLEN on stage while juggling (slick stage), these can and do happen. They didn't forget a routine, they didn't make a mistake in the routine - THEY FELL YOU DOLTS!).
    I think all that "mistakes" talk among the judges was just for drama and to give them a potential reason to eliminate acts they were probably going to eliminate anyway. They can easily use a "mistake" as an excuse for not putting someone through, or they can just say they put someone through despite a mistake. The acts and people they love will go through no matter what - mistakes or fumbles or not. I think the group from Puerto Rico will go through, despite the guys colliding. I would be shocked if Andrew DeLeon didn't go through. I'm not so sure if they will put Mary Joyner through. Her voice is pleasant, but really not all that strong. She is a lovely young lady, but it is her family lineage that made her a compelling contestant. Who knows, that might still be enough to keep her in.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    (BTW, I despised the auto eliminating three people without an audition - if you guys are going to have an X amount of people you can audition in Vegas, you choose that many and then that's it. Even if I feel none would've advanced anyway - that was very disrespectful of the three who did not advance to make them travel and not give them a shot).
    I also hate that. If they choose an act to go to Vegas, they should at least give them the opportunity to perform. I hated the one season when they had broken everyone up into large groups and then just said, "OK, sorry Group X. You are done." That is really lame.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Well come to think of it, it was pretty pointless. Plus, they weren't even bad. All three of the acts they sent home were good imo. All three of them have more talent than some guy getting shot out of a cannon. But either way, I think sending the three through to the live shows like that was okay, but the other three should have been given a shot at least before being sent home.

Ugh they showed Tim Poe.

Tim Hockenberry's good but another no-reason-to-mention sob story.

lol at Tim Poe being eliminated. Who wants to bet they originally let him through but after the lies were uncovered they edited it to make it look like he didn't when in truth he got DQ'd or something?

Wow at Isaac not going through. But I'm MAD that Dave Burleigh didn't! They should have sent HIM through along with the two that they did.

Was Andrew De Leon really eliminated or were they faking him out??? My screen cut out at the last second. Someone answer please!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    lol at Tim Poe being eliminated. Who wants to bet they originally let him through but after the lies were uncovered they edited it to make it look like he didn't when in truth he got DQ'd or something?

Wow at Isaac not going through. But I'm MAD that Dave Burleigh didn't! They should have sent HIM through along with the two that they did.

Was Andrew De Leon really eliminated or were they faking him out??? My screen cut out at the last second. Someone answer please!
    I've read rumors that he was ousted at Vegas anyway due to a weak performance, but given his reaction... unless they did a pre announcement shot, it was genuine when he was ousted. Guess the only way we'd figure it out is if there is anyone they say isn't in and they suddenly appear in the live show.

The Goth opera singer (I'm sorry, but I really have had trouble with names), DID surprise me on his ousting even with the mistake. He is the only one though, but it is good to know that they had a heated and lively debate about it. The other two opera singers I was not however surprised they were ousted.

And I agreed on Joyner not advancing - lovely girl and I love that she's trying to make her own mark instead of being known as Flo-Jo's daughter, but her performance wasn't strong enough.

If Andrew De Leon is the '70s theme song singer - yes he is in. He did better than he has done in the past.

I feel for the kids though - I really wish they'd move spots around sometimes to give at least one more a chance. That six year old gymnast was very good - but then again, I would LOVE to see her do this when she's older. I was truly amazed at that talent.

Most of the other acts who did/didn't make it didn't surprise me - because even some of the best ones, such as the aforementioned bayonet show, were truly good but they weren't going to advance because there is not much more they can do with their act.

I'm going to have to look on their site to figure out who all is in and out - I'm trying to see if some did, such as the sand art, and make sure I have others right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast